WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Posh Play Mats

Posh Play Mats are made so that your children don't have to roll around the dirt when they play. On the other hand, if the toy your kid's playing with is dirt, then you probably don't need one of these. But for other moments of playing, it's good to have.
Posh Play Mat official site

Quality Posts

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Hello all. I got to play with these yesterday while at the office.

Those playmats are thick and feel like they'll take a beating. They're double thickness (same on both sides) and lined. Feel very well made.

The changing pad is the same but without the lining so that it folds and compresses better.

Holler if you have questions.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

milafit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages milafit

What are they actually made out of? For those of us with the non-toxic bent wishing to avoid "bad" plastics and off-gassing...

rkgsmith

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rkgsmith
milafit wrote:What are they actually made out of? For those of us with the non-toxic bent wishing to avoid "bad" plastics and off-gassing...

They're made from Polyurethane (PU) fabric, a safer alternative to PVC (PVC may leach or leak pthalates, lead, and chlorides). The logo labels are also PVC free- they're cast in silicone- same material as bottle nipples.

ecjmc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ecjmc

We are so excited to be a part of the Woot community! We are so passionate about our products and will check in often to see if there are any questions from you all. Everything was created by us (2 moms) and has been run through the ringer by our very own children! The play mat will grow with your child from tummy time to under the high chair to crafting splat mat to sports field blanket...and the diaper clutch and changing pad combo is uber stylish and functional! We hope you love them as much as we do, and we are here to answer any questions!

Emily
Co-Owner, Posh Play

kattemc21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kattemc21

These Posh Play Mats are the perfect gift for any mom or soon to be mom in your life! This deal comes at the perfect time with Mother's Day just a couple of weeks away!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Looks like we have 3 company reps to help us out! Thanks for stopping in.

I was quite impressed with these when I saw them in the office on Thursday.

(If the other two would give a nice howdy & introduction, that'd be great. We like to make sure we're on the up-n-up with our customers so they know who they're talking to.)

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

kmccoy82

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kmccoy82

This is an amazing product! It is a great gift for new mothers and can be used inside or outdoors . It is stylish and safe for the children! You need to check it out...

rkgsmith

Hi Wooters,
We are so excited to be here and answer any questions! Thanks for letting us woot with you!!
Kelly
Posh Play co-owner

kuma99

quality posts: 9 Private Messages kuma99

How many naugas were killed to make these sticky plastic $68 playmats ?

emeraldskye73

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emeraldskye73

In the Florida heat, wondering how sticky these things would get if you take them, say, to the beach or a park and you're in a swimsuit or shorts with suntan lotion on. Are they very plasticky feeling, or are they at all breathable?

ssand23

quality posts: 16 Private Messages ssand23
emeraldskye73 wrote:In the Florida heat, wondering how sticky these things would get if you take them, say, to the beach or a park and you're in a swimsuit or shorts with suntan lotion on. Are they very plasticky feeling, or are they at all breathable?

I was wondering the same. These look like they could be uncomfortable on hot days outside. Kind of how leather seats in the car aren't much fun when it's 90 out. Are these sticky when it's hot, slippery if you are sweaty and do they retain heat and get hot in the sun?

rkgsmith

Hi All,
Kelly here from Posh Play. Thanks for your thoughtful questions! I'll try to answer them the best I can for you.

The fabric, PU, is not breathable. It's wipeable. So it's more comparable to a splat mat than a towel or blanket.

I use mine outside in grassy areas, like the park or flag football games, where mud, grass and food spill on it. I can just wipe all that mess up with my baby wipes when we're done.

I have used it at the beach, but I always sit in the shade with my kids. We don't recommend leaving the mats in direct sun for extended periods of time.

Also, I get the greatest use of my Posh Play Mat indoors. I use it daily under my youngest's highchair where I can wipe up all the spills after he's done. I use it under the arts and crafts table to catch watercolors and play dough, and I used it for tummy time and sit up play time for months. In fact, when I first created the mat, it was because I wanted a wipeable mat to use in my house that was as functional as any splat mat, but wasn't made of juvenile fabrics and wasn't coated with PVC. Then I started taking it with me outside and realized it was the perfect picnic mat and field mat too!

Thanks so much for your interest in the products! Hope I answered your questions to your satisfaction!

Kelly

MichXelle

quality posts: 38 Private Messages MichXelle
emeraldskye73 wrote:In the Florida heat, wondering how sticky these things would get if you take them, say, to the beach or a park and you're in a swimsuit or shorts with suntan lotion on. Are they very plasticky feeling, or are they at all breathable?

If you're concerned, go with a lighter color. The same as a car interior, the lighter they are the less warm they get.

It's been as hot up north as Fla. in the summers or any seasons most of the time.

You could use cool bottles to keep anything out in the sun or that could get warm, cooler.

Great job company reps! Nice to see you care, rare company reps come to the board to help. Thank you!

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

rkgsmith

MichXelle wrote:

Great job company reps! Nice to see you care, rare company reps come to the board to help. Thank you!

Thanks MichXelle!
We're glad to be here!
Kelly