WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Milk or juice for lunch?
  • 32.7% - MILK! 311
  • 29.6% - JUICE! 282
  • 37.7% - NEITHER! 359
952 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

thumperchick

quality posts: 247 Private Messages thumperchick

What happened to WATER?

prttymf8

quality posts: 25 Private Messages prttymf8

My two year old drinks mainly water. Milk twice a day and juice once a day (at most) and never with food. With meals, it's always water.

DrHardcrab

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DrHardcrab

Mmmmmmmm.....beeeeeeeeer....

SumDuud

quality posts: 22 Private Messages SumDuud

My kids enjoy the juice and sometimes soda, but mainly drink milk and water... flavored water if we grant it. Soda is more of a going out to eat thing. But they do love water and I'm pretty much an always water drinker, except for a beer now and then.

Let's see the quality impulse buys!
Wooter to blame for sellout: SumDuud
Sellout time: 8:11:25 AM Central Time

Contrarian by nature.

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward

Milk and juice are primarily sugar water, equivelent to soda or powdered soft drink mix.

8oz Fat-free milk - 11.9 grams of carbohydrate

8oz Apple juice - 28.9 grams of carbohydrate

8oz Regular soda - 24.0 grams of carbohydrate

8oz Powdered soft drink mix- 16.0 grams of carbohydrate

If you're interested in regulating your child's intake of sugar and other simple carbohydrates, juice and to a lesser extent milk should be on your list of suspect foods. Water is the most important beverage for all humans, and children in particular.

Sorry about not being able to write K-o-o-l-A-i-d, Woot translates that to oil can.

HomerTime

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HomerTime

When I was a kid, I drank almost exclusively milk and my dad drank almost exclusively water. He told me that he also loved milk as a kid, but at some point he just stopped liking it and I remember thinking he was crazy. Here it is over thirty years later and my kid loves milk and I don't think I could drink a glass of it if you paid me. I might have a diet soda at the movies or a ball game, but only drink water with my meals. I find the thought of a single swallow of milk disgusting. Is this common with adult males or is it something genetic in my family?

cycokiller

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cycokiller

I love milk.. but then I grew up in Idaho and we got our milk fresh from the dairies. So much better that way.

Anyway, mostly I let my kids choose between water, milk or juice. We don't give the younger kids sodas at all (we don't drink sodas either). They actually choose water most of the time.

The older kids (11, 13, 14) drink sodas every once in a while, but they buy them with their money.

Also, milk == whole milk, anything else is just white water.

4F682120446F6E277420746F756368206D652074686572652100