Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3325 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Check out these comments from when these were offered back in March

caa88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages caa88

Broken Ankles, coming soon to a mailbox near you!

lichme

quality posts: 2750 Private Messages lichme

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1069 Private Messages whatsamattaU

Sorry, this might be all I have time for tonight. Same price as last time at $19.99, and my previous comment:

Mini review

or if you prefer their text review
http://www.timetoplaymag.com/toys/4975/big-time-toys/moon-shoes/

$44.99 customer not thrilled at Toys R Us
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=10994739#showReviews

From the product website
http://www.bigtimetoys.com/

$7 for 50 replacement rubber bands.

good night

johnnyb383

quality posts: 2 Private Messages johnnyb383

These things were pretty cool when I had a pair in the early 90's. Too bad I weigh to much to use them now.

Just a note for anyone buying these they are quite loud when jumping on a hard surface: tile, concrete, linoleum, etc...

Also the rubber bands from my 90's pair smelled bad and had some kind of lubricant on them.

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys

Where is the official woot! time wasting video for this? How could you guys miss the chance to go crazy in these?!?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 560 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

theguruguys wrote:Where is the official woot! time wasting video for this? How could you guys miss the chance to go crazy in these?!?

We're all over the weight limit?

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

flightsuit

quality posts: 1 Private Messages flightsuit

I seem to recall Consumer Reports warning parents that this was one of the most dangerous toys out there. I don't know if the design has been changed since then, but I would definitely think twice about letting my kids wear these things.

patreezia

quality posts: 5 Private Messages patreezia
caa88 wrote:Broken Ankles, coming soon to a mailbox near you!

LOL. Exactly what I was thinking!

dmpower

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dmpower
caa88 wrote:Broken Ankles, coming soon to a mailbox near you!

As soon as I saw these my ankles started to hurt!

beth8881

quality posts: 2 Private Messages beth8881

weight limit?

lexicon5

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lexicon5

Nawwwww....these are not lawsuits waiting to happen at ALL!

dartmar

quality posts: 6 Private Messages dartmar

I though these things were recalled years ago. They break ankles. Though from what I understand they are a lot of fun, while your ankles are still whole.

BPL5683

quality posts: 24 Private Messages BPL5683

Staff

dartmar wrote:I though these things were recalled years ago. They break ankles. Though from what I understand they are a lot of fun, while your ankles are still whole.

After a little searching of Google, and Recalls.gov I can't find mention of any recent recalls of these Moon Shoes.

There was a another pair of springy "Moon Shoes" made in the 1960's, as seen here:

This is the infamous product that was breaking people's ankles and was recalled in 1961. As you can see it simply used 2 steel springs and had no side support, and from what I can see on the bottom, no real tread to keep the shoes from slipping when you landed.

The current iteration of moon shoes that we're selling today, has been around since the 1990's, and has a much more stable and safer design. This current version has not been recalled. If it was, we wouldn't be selling it, because that is illegal.

Email customer service: support@woot.com for order problems ~OR~ Use the Support form linked at the top of every page.

dartmar

BPL5683 wrote:After a little searching of Google, and Recalls.gov I can't find mention of any recent recalls of these Moon Shoes.

There was a another pair of springy "Moon Shoes" made in the 1960's, as seen here:

This is the infamous product that was breaking people's ankles and was recalled in 1961. As you can see it simply used 2 steel springs and had no side support, and from what I can see on the bottom, no real tread to keep the shoes from slipping when you landed.

The current iteration of moon shoes that we're selling today, has been around since the 1990's, and has a much more stable and safer design. This current version has not been recalled. If it was, we wouldn't be selling it, because that is illegal.

I seem to remember a problem with them in the 80's. 1961 is before my time .

BPL5683

quality posts: 24 Private Messages BPL5683

Staff

dartmar wrote:I seem to remember a problem with them in the 80's. 1961 is before my time .

Do you have some way we can verify that this current design version of Moon Shoes was recalled?

The Consumer Product Safety Commission has a pretty detailed database on recalled products.

Also, I believe this current design version was first introduced to consumers in the early 1990's (possibly 1992) through a licensing agreement with Nickelodeon, after having been introduced in challenges on the ever popular classic, Double Dare, starring the one and only Marc Summers.

Email customer service: support@woot.com for order problems ~OR~ Use the Support form linked at the top of every page.

daverocks

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daverocks

Limited to 130lb, up to a men's size 9? No problem!

It's nice to know that if anyone ever has anything mean to say about my being a 5'6" 130lb fully grown adult male, that I can say back "Yeah, well I can still wear Moon Shoes."

gjbloom

quality posts: 6 Private Messages gjbloom

If only these were available for adult sizes and weights. They would make for a most excellent astronautical-themed cocktail party. We could have a drinking game to go along with it. Someone falls on their ass - everybody drinks. Someone falls on their face - everybody drinks. Someone breaks a bone - everybody chugs their drink. I tell ya, people would be talking about and litigating this party for years to come.

efooter

quality posts: 18 Private Messages efooter

Buy this, so all the other dads will be jealous.

Alternatively, have your child sell 275 bars.

baconsizzle121

quality posts: 1 Private Messages baconsizzle121

I'm so happy to see these still exist, i had them as a kid and thought they were really fun, although i don't remember using them often.

dartmar

BPL5683 wrote:Do you have some way we can verify that this current design version of Moon Shoes was recalled?

The Consumer Product Safety Commission has a pretty detailed database on recalled products.

Also, I believe this current design version was first introduced to consumers in the early 1990's (possibly 1992) through a licensing agreement with Nickelodeon, after having been introduced in challenges on the ever popular classic, Double Dare, starring the one and only Marc Summers.

I may just be remembering a newspaper or magazine article talking about how dangerous they were. I was planning on buying some to use at work (I am an OT), and was dissuaded, I was worried about liability.

chartles

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chartles

I picked up a couple of pairs for my girls at a thrift shop several years ago (one of those "I always wanted that" kind of purchases). there have been several playdates that occured on the moon and they wore them non-stop for two hrs. they still get pulled out of the shed on a regular basis!