WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Duralex Dinnertime

When you think glasses, you think… well, possibly nothing. Everyone takes glasses for granted. Which is why you want some that are microwave safe, freezer safe, dishwasher safe, impact resistant… aw, just buy 'em and stop worrying.
Duralex official site

magellanjenn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages magellanjenn

They are $30 a set on the manfactures website

lstaff

quality posts: 199 Private Messages lstaff

I bought duralex glasses on woot. they look beautiful and are holding up well, and the ones I got are somewhat stackable.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

magellanjenn wrote:They are $30 a set on the manfactures website

And an estimated shipping cost of $15.50 Ground for one set; $20 for two sets.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

marbaulo

quality posts: 5 Private Messages marbaulo

Bought two sets of the bowls last time these were up. LOVE Them, use them all the time. They are the perfect size.

Serafyna

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Serafyna

Are the product pictures correct? Why does the Picardie (sp) 12 piece set bowl not look stylized like the cup in the set pictures, yet the 6 bowls for sale alone are? It looks like all three set have the same bowl pictured...

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Serafyna wrote:Are the product pictures correct? Why does the Picardie (sp) 12 piece set bowl not look stylized like the cup in the set pictures, yet the 6 bowls for sale alone are? It looks like all three set have the same bowl pictured...

Our pictures were supplied directly from Duralex and match the sets on their site.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

remigius

quality posts: 0 Private Messages remigius

Uggh! When did you guys change from unlocking free shipping to $5.00 for each order? I bought the pillows earlier today for fear of them selling out before I had time to peruse the whole woot site and now I wanted to purchase a duralex set but I have to pay another shipping charge!!!

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

remigius wrote:Uggh! When did you guys change from unlocking free shipping to $5.00 for each order? I bought the pillows earlier today for fear of them selling out before I had time to peruse the whole woot site and now I wanted to purchase a duralex set but I have to pay another shipping charge!!!

This should answer your question...

sarahbias

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sarahbias

I have a 3.5 and 19m old... I see these are glass, and although tempered, I'm worried about them breaking? Thoughts?

MommaBeary

quality posts: 10 Private Messages MommaBeary
sarahbias wrote:I have a 3.5 and 19m old... I see these are glass, and although tempered, I'm worried about them breaking? Thoughts?

Correlle ware - This way my kids can help set the table without me cringing the whole time, AND everyone can eat off the same dishes. Both of which makes my now 4 year old happy.

Caveat - if you have ceramic tile floor, I recommend either glass or melamine. Correlle ware hitting ceramic tile is NOT a pretty picture. It's worse than glass hitting ceramic tile.

halazar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages halazar
sarahbias wrote:I have a 3.5 and 19m old... I see these are glass, and although tempered, I'm worried about them breaking? Thoughts?

We've been using Duralex drinking glasses since my daughter was about two. She's fine with them, and they survive accidents without breakage.

Admittedly based on a small sample size, kids seem to live up to your expectations of them. (That's once they've mastered fine motor control and gained reasonable hand strength, of course.) In our case, she tends to treat plastic things rougher than the plates and glasses she sees "big people" using. We swap in sippy cups for traveling.

While accidents do happen, they are exactly that: accidents, worthy of guidance and not punishment. In more than two years we've had very few drops/rolloffs and no breaks.

Duralex was the canonical glassware of French schools for many years (see the wikipedia history of Duralex), so there's at least something backing up its claims.

jaymanmsu

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jaymanmsu

We have a set of these for our son (and our daughter will be using them as soon as she's old enough to eat and then not throw her dishes on the floor) and they are great. The bowl is the perfect size for instant oatmeal in the morning and the glass holds about enough water for a single meal.

As for breakage, they can break and we had one break accidentally. It's tempered glass so instead of 3 or 4 big pieces and a bunch of tiny sharp shards you end up with a hundred rather smooth glass pieces. Not easy cleanup, but you won't slice your foot open if you miss a piece and step on it a week later.

We bought 6 cups, plates, and bowls from Amazon originally. I purchased another set and will cycle them in just in case we break a few more.