Quality Posts

Thirdbase9

quality posts: 89 Private Messages Thirdbase9

Can a boy wear these?

I don't know.

lichme

quality posts: 2761 Private Messages lichme
Thirdbase9 wrote:Can a boy wear these?

I'm sure they could, however the bottom of it kind of looks like a dress, so I'm sure they would hate you forever if you made them.

Anybody know how absorbent they are? Will they replace a towel, or are they meant for use after toweling off?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

These kind of things are great for getting them from the pool to home or the hotel room. IMO.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

prttymf8

quality posts: 25 Private Messages prttymf8
lichme wrote:I'm sure they could, however the bottom of it kind of looks like a dress, so I'm sure they would hate you forever if you made them.

Anybody know how absorbent they are? Will they replace a towel, or are they meant for use after toweling off?

I generally towel my daughter off first before putting her cover-up on. You could use it to replace a towel, but it would be sopping wet and probably uncomfortable to wear.

lstaff

quality posts: 200 Private Messages lstaff

These are great!! You can buy them really big for a toddler and use them for many years to come. They do a great job of cutting down how much sunscreen you have to apply after swimming if the child is going to be wearing one of these!

I wish you had bigger sizes!!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

lstaff wrote:These are great!! You can buy them really big for a toddler and use them for many years to come. They do a great job of cutting down how much sunscreen you have to apply after swimming if the child is going to be wearing one of these!

I wish you had bigger sizes!!

And toddlers looks cute as the dickens in oversize shirts.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

cathfree

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cathfree

I have 5 grandaughters and the meanies would only let me buy 3, my girls were going to look sooo cute, hey maybe be they might take pity on me AND LET ME HAVE THEM !!!

darlabretz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darlabretz
cathfree wrote:I have 5 grandaughters and the meanies would only let me buy 3, my girls were going to look sooo cute, hey maybe be they might take pity on me AND LET ME HAVE THEM !!!

Ask a friend to buy some more for you!

zomigi

quality posts: 4 Private Messages zomigi

Anyone know what the fabric's like on these? Is it terrycloth like a towel?

darciepemberton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darciepemberton
zomigi wrote:Anyone know what the fabric's like on these? Is it terrycloth like a towel?

Under "specs" it does say terry cloth. Probably much lighter weight than a towel. Probably "knit"/stretch terry cloth. 65% cotton = nice absorbtion + 35% polyester = not as heavy & won't shrink out of size/shape when washed a million times & dried. Towel the little one off, then slip into this. Those little swimsuits don't hold much water anyway...

bruce57

quality posts: 9 Private Messages bruce57
zomigi wrote:Anyone know what the fabric's like on these? Is it terrycloth like a towel?

They're actually called "Rugged Bear swim terry cover up" online, where you can find a lot of posts on them. However, they ALL source back to the only company that appears to actually be selling them. Amazon.

DCASTRE

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DCASTRE
cathfree wrote:I have 5 grandaughters and the meanies would only let me buy 3, my girls were going to look sooo cute, hey maybe be they might take pity on me AND LET ME HAVE THEM !!!

Create a second account with a different e-mail address. You'll have to pay the $5 shipping twice, but sometimes it's worth it.

tdyjacob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tdyjacob

Does anyone know how I buy 2 with 2 different sizes? Thanks.

velvetmarmoset

quality posts: 0 Private Messages velvetmarmoset
bruce57 wrote:They're actually called "Rugged Bear swim terry cover up" online, where you can find a lot of posts on them. However, they ALL source back to the only company that appears to actually be selling them. Amazon.

Hmm, the version on Amazon looks the same but says it's 85% polyester, 15% spandex -- would not want if that's the case! Here's hoping the Woot description is correct and it has some cotton.

Also -- how come everytime I type "do-not-want" (minus the hyphens) it gets replaced with "FIRE!" in the preview?
Test: FIRE!

mflatau

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mflatau
tdyjacob wrote:Does anyone know how I buy 2 with 2 different sizes? Thanks.

Select "2" on how many you want to buy and the options will come up.

lsisrael

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lsisrael

I only clicked through to this link because I thought it said 'Bear Grylls' cover up. Oh well, maybe next time.

mgidlund

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mgidlund

I just placed an order an realized the size somehow got set incorrectly. I immediately sent an email to customer support and got the standard saying they will get back to me within 24 hours.

Has anyone tried to change their order after purchasing?

lepooner38

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lepooner38

Place a second order, the shipping is FREE after the first order

ricka182

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ricka182
velvetmarmoset wrote:Hmm, the version on Amazon looks the same but says it's 85% polyester, 15% spandex -- would not want if that's the case! Here's hoping the Woot description is correct and it has some cotton.

Also -- how come everytime I type "do-not-want" (minus the hyphens) it gets replaced with "FIRE!" in the preview?
Test: FIRE!

There is a filter on the forum to cover up certain words or phrases. The one you mention is used in many internet memes, and has been overused, hence Woot filtering it out. Same with Bag of Cowardliness. (crap)

...i remain, he who remains to be...

bruce57

quality posts: 9 Private Messages bruce57
velvetmarmoset wrote:Hmm, the version on Amazon looks the same but says it's 85% polyester, 15% spandex -- would not want if that's the case! Here's hoping the Woot description is correct and it has some cotton.

Can someone at WOOT take a look at the label on one of these and confirm the cotton/polyester build? Thanks!

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

bruce57 wrote:Can someone at WOOT take a look at the label on one of these and confirm the cotton/polyester build? Thanks!

i'll send the query forward. stay tuned.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

BPL5683

quality posts: 24 Private Messages BPL5683

Staff

bruce57 wrote:Can someone at WOOT take a look at the label on one of these and confirm the cotton/polyester build? Thanks!

PemberDucky wrote:i'll send the query forward. stay tuned.

I can verify that the build is 65% Cotton and 35% Polyester. I verified with the samples you see in the pictures.

Email customer service: support@woot.com for order problems ~OR~ Use the Support form linked at the top of every page.

moolius

quality posts: 1 Private Messages moolius

They are currently for sale on zulily.com-- on that site it lists them as 65% cotton/35% polyester.