WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Schoenhut Musical Instruments

The melodica. The grand piano. The drum. With these three items, your child is well on his or her way to being in a band that releases a limited pressing EP that does will on college radio. And isn't that really what you want for your child?
Schoenhut official site

finzup

quality posts: 2 Private Messages finzup

These pianos are for ages 3 and up, but descriptions say "always a hit at baby showers" ...

I've noticed that some people list all their woot purchases in their signature. Me? No way, no how. I don't even want to acknowledge to myself, much less anyone else, just how much $$ I've spent on woot crap since 2006.

toben7l

quality posts: 4 Private Messages toben7l

My father actually worked for Schoenhut, building and painting their wooden toy piano line by hand when they were based out of Rochester NY, about 13 years ago. He helped the company's owner move down to Florida because production was cheaper there. I have two of their pianos, one my father built back in 1998, and one that the owners, Renee and Len Trinca, sent us as a gift after my son was born. They are quality built products, and young children will get years of enjoyment out of them.

Costar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Costar

I had a Schoenhut piano as a kid 30 years ago, and my kids play it today when we go up to my mom's house. It still sounds like everything you want a toy piano to be - tinkly and bright. One of the legs is loose, but considering it's been through quite a few kids, these things really stand up to abuse. That said, I am definitely going to get my kids a melodica. Who knows, maybe they'll be the next whoever the guy is from Steely Dan who plays the melodica.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 542 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

finzup wrote:These pianos are for ages 3 and up, but descriptions say "always a hit at baby showers" ...

I often give things for when the child is older. That way they have a good spread of clothes and toys. And it will look cute in the nursery.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

saaaron

quality posts: 1 Private Messages saaaron

http://www.amazon.com/Brookstone-1025p-Melodica-Key-Keyboard/dp/B004Q7NNXE

DaZoneRanger

quality posts: 44 Private Messages DaZoneRanger

We got our daughter that Shoenhut My First Piano in red for Christmas. It's pretty well made (in China). Odd that woot has the MSRP listed at $69.99, while Musician's Friend (the world's largest retailer of musical equipment and a subsidiary of Guitar Center)has the MSRP listed at $59.99 and their price is actually $54.99 and I do believe you get free shipping on everything over $25, which makes Woot's price $10 too much. Still, though, nice kids piano. It's a chime piano, btw.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/keyboards-midi/schoenhut-my-first-piano-ii

ashli143

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ashli143

Are these too small for a 7 yr old?