1%
1%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 2680 Private Messages lichme

While these may provide an imaginative child hours of enjoyment, I still cannot fathom paying $22+ shipping for colored cardboard.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

lichme wrote:While these may provide an imaginative child hours of enjoyment, I still cannot fathom paying $22+ shipping for colored cardboard.

I remember having something like this when I was a kid in the dinosaur days (according to my son). They were fun to play with.

I also had the Flintstone styrofoam building blocks too.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

beck12

quality posts: 41 Private Messages beck12
ThunderThighs wrote:I remember having something like this when I was a kid in the dinosaur days (according to my son). They were fun to play with.

I also had the Flintstone styrofoam building blocks too.

We had these (in the dino days) in my kinder & loved them. My issue would be where to put them more than anything else. In order to have enough to make great stuff, you also need the space to put them.

spending my kid's college funds one woot off at a time

ThunderThighs

Staff

beck12 wrote:We had these (in the dino days) in my kinder & loved them. My issue would be where to put them more than anything else. In order to have enough to make great stuff, you also need the space to put them.

For my son's, we just stacked them up against a wall in 2-3 columns. They took a beating.

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

lstaff

quality posts: 199 Private Messages lstaff

We had these. They were hand-me-downs and incredibly durable. My kids had lots of fun with them. They are actually engaging, and in an era of electronic toys, that's both healthy for play AND saying A LOT.

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1068 Private Messages whatsamattaU

$21.99 for 2 sets of 12 tonight.
Overstock had it (sold out) for $22.99
http://www.overstock.com/Sports-Toys/Discovery-Kids-Eco-Friendly-Cardboard-Building-Blocks/7495639/product.html

Discovery said only $9.99?! for one set, but doesn't look like they were selling it directly
http://press.discovery.com/us/discovery-commerce/programs/discovery-kids-eco-friendly-cardboard-building-blo/

and the best the third party retailers at Amazon can do is $24.79 and free shipping for one set.
http://www.amazon.com/Discovery-Friendly-Cardboard-Building-Blocks/dp/B00AHHK1VE

RKett

quality posts: 2 Private Messages RKett

When we were kids, my mom took two 2qt milk cartons, cut the tops off and then slid them together one inside the other. Cheap, yes durable? unbelievably so. the waxed cartons lasted forever even if they got wet or we wrote on them. We would stack them up and they were strong enough to make stairs out of. (back when I was about 65lbs.)

lnjelinek

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lnjelinek

When we were kids my parents refused to buy us cardboard boxes. Instead, they relied on the Sears man to bring over appliance boxes when he was in the area. We usually had just worn out the one we got at the time he would bring a new one. I guess if you are looking for convenience this is it. Nothing like a box full of boxes!

olcubmaster

quality posts: 29 Private Messages olcubmaster

Truly - if you have kids under 8 buy three. Rainy day play requires you do so.

These were a staple of kindergarten and first grade classrooms back in the days of black-out curtains and air raid drills.

True - they are only cardboard blocks, but if these are anywhere as durable you're in for hours of creative stack 'em up & knock 'em down play.

The size of the blocks are large in scale to a small fry and make a stack as tall as they are. And being cardboard, once they knock it down (and that's the best part, isn't it?) the blocks can't do any major damage. Oh - maybe a low grade boo-boo or two when the big brother tosses one and a corner catches the little one in the 'ol soft spot, but nothing that a hug won't cure.

I actually stocked up on these recently having found them at an outlet store. Birthday presents all around for young relations!

Gifts like these are the reason I'm the favorite uncle.

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

jjkenobi

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jjkenobi

We have a lot of these blocks and they are fun and sturdy. This price doesn't seem too hot though.

heidi1361

quality posts: 6 Private Messages heidi1361

These are terrific too for toddlers who aren't ready for wooden blocks...
They're lighter, easier to handle, and they don't hurt when you clonk your sibling on the head with them.

scapsinger

quality posts: 22 Private Messages scapsinger

Unfortunately, Woot and their good deals have precluded me from purchasing these. We have so many boxes from past Woot orders and my son loves playing with the boxes and building stuff.

For his birthday, we had a life-size "Angry Birds" set, with a bunch of different boxes. I printed out pictures of the pigs and put them on some of the boxes. The kids had fun coming up with their own construction plans, then they used a red dodgeball to knock them down.

If you don't already have a ton of boxes at your disposal, I'd recommend buying these, either for a similar type game, or just to let the kids build stuff. I also played with some similar style boxes growing up back in the 80's. For me, we had red bricks, and I pretended I was Mario smashing them up and getting coins.

glamontagne

quality posts: 3 Private Messages glamontagne

This is a great deal. My son has a few sets of the Melissa and Doug cardboard blocks. To get a fair amount of the larger blocks, we had to buy multiple sets. I'm seeing this only comes with XL blocks, which are far more desireable and stronger to build with. As far as storage, you will not want to disassemble these. These are just like doing oragami. Just like Thunderthighs, we stack all my sons blocks against the wall so I don't stumble on them in the dark.

Random Crap - Level 7 Woot-Off Lights
Dazzle Video Creator Platinum Philips Prestigo Universal Remote Altec Lansing M604 for Zune Remote Control Helicopter Train Set Microsoft Zune 30GB Roadside Emergency Kit Microsoft Zune 6 Player Texas Hold’em Poker

ghostofdavid

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ghostofdavid

I filled these with concrete before giving to my children so they could build up muscles. That way, when we repeal those pesky child labor laws, they will be strong for our most glorious national workforce. SO SAY WE ALL!

Suck it, Trebek.

workinpoor

quality posts: 15 Private Messages workinpoor

Interesting dose of psychology in today's write-up. Thanks for giving me a concept to mull over.

jeyyo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jeyyo

I was really excited to see this deal until I started shopping around and found that you can get a 40-piece Melissa & Doug set for $29.99 from Amazon, or a 45-piece Imaginarium set from TRU for $31.99. And both those sets come with a variety of sizes.

ThunderThighs

Staff

jeyyo wrote:I was really excited to see this deal until I started shopping around and found that you can get a 40-piece Melissa & Doug set for $29.99 from Amazon, or a 45-piece Imaginarium set from TRU for $31.99. And both those sets come with a variety of sizes.

FWIW, the M&D blocks are smaller than the ones we are selling. The largest block in the Imaginarium set is the size of our blocks. The rest are smaller.

glamontagne

quality posts: 3 Private Messages glamontagne
jeyyo wrote:I was really excited to see this deal until I started shopping around and found that you can get a 40-piece Melissa & Doug set for $29.99 from Amazon, or a 45-piece Imaginarium set from TRU for $31.99. And both those sets come with a variety of sizes.

Re-read my post. The M&D sets come mostly with the smaller sizes and a few of the larger. To get enough larger blocks, you need to buy multiple. The smaller blocks are so small that they are useless. The larger blocks are the way to go.

Random Crap - Level 7 Woot-Off Lights
Dazzle Video Creator Platinum Philips Prestigo Universal Remote Altec Lansing M604 for Zune Remote Control Helicopter Train Set Microsoft Zune 30GB Roadside Emergency Kit Microsoft Zune 6 Player Texas Hold’em Poker

jeyyo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jeyyo
glamontagne wrote:Re-read my post. The M&D sets come mostly with the smaller sizes and a few of the larger. To get enough larger blocks, you need to buy multiple. The smaller blocks are so small that they are useless. The larger blocks are the way to go.

I did read your post. I just think that my children might enjoy the variety of shapes and sizes. ;)

Can anyone tell me what "eco-friendly cardboard" is?? How is it different than regular cardboard?

olcubmaster

jeyyo wrote:I did read your post. I just think that my children might enjoy the variety of shapes and sizes. ;)

Can anyone tell me what "eco-friendly cardboard" is?? How is it different than regular cardboard?

Perhaps it's nothing more than a statement of the obvious - these can be easily recycled.

olcubmaster

scapsinger wrote:Unfortunately, Woot and their good deals have precluded me from purchasing these. We have so many boxes from past Woot orders and my son loves playing with the boxes and building stuff.

For his birthday, we had a life-size "Angry Birds" set, with a bunch of different boxes. I printed out pictures of the pigs and put them on some of the boxes. The kids had fun coming up with their own construction plans, then they used a red dodgeball to knock them down.

If you don't already have a ton of boxes at your disposal, I'd recommend buying these, either for a similar type game, or just to let the kids build stuff. I also played with some similar style boxes growing up back in the 80's. For me, we had red bricks, and I pretended I was Mario smashing them up and getting coins.

The one advantage of these over most packing boxes is the way these fold within themselves to provide relative strength and structural integrity.

These will take a stomp or use as an imaginary sidewalk and stay sturdy (for a while).

noot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages noot

Mine just came, and I had to check my order. It said $21.99 through Woot, with an original price of $69.98(?!)

Then there's a sticker on one of the boxes that says $9.99. So I don't know what's going on with the prices.

aardwolf64

quality posts: 5 Private Messages aardwolf64
noot wrote:Mine just came, and I had to check my order. It said $21.99 through Woot, with an original price of $69.98(?!)

Then there's a sticker on one of the boxes that says $9.99. So I don't know what's going on with the prices.

You bought three sets of two boxes (six boxes). The $9.99 sticker is probably what they were selling for when Woot picked them up (and marked them up.)