7%
5%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

kckckc130

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kckckc130

I purchased one of these to try it out on my 2 yo. I have to say the engineering behind it is along the lines of a toddler making a nuclear bomb. It takes almost an hour to put together after you have cleaned it and if you didn't get the straws seated compleatly then it leaks. My advice would be to steer clear of these.

edit, im talking abut the ones with the straws. The other without the straw work pretty well.

hardcandy189

quality posts: 6 Private Messages hardcandy189

I have family that swear by these cups. I have never used them but have seen them in action and they work great. But as the other member said, you need to make sure everything is where it needs to be or they can leak. But in my experience, that is the case with a lot of sippy cups.

BPL5683

quality posts: 20 Private Messages BPL5683

Staff

kckckc130 wrote:I purchased one of these to try it out on my 2 yo. I have to say the engineering behind it is along the lines of a toddler making a nuclear bomb. It takes almost an hour to put together after you have cleaned it and if you didn't get the straws seated completely then it leaks. My advice would be to steer clear of these.

edit, im talking abut the ones with the straws. The other without the straw work pretty well.

After seeing your post I grabbed our samples (the very bottles you see in the picture), and tested your claim in a sink with water.To take apart the flip straw cup just pop the button off the lid and slide the straw out of the bottom of the lid. The straw has a hard plastic lower portion that goes on the inside of the bottle, while the soft flexible part sticks out of the top. To put the flip straw cup back together simply slide the straw back into the bottom of the lid. Then take the button piece and fit the upper part of the straw into the notch on the button. Then pop the button back onto the lid (it should pop right on). Finally, push up from the bottom of the straw, and also pull it from the top to make sure seal on the straw is tight, but it honestly doesn't need that much force. The straw is fitted to the lid. The whole process of putting the bottle back together took under 1 minute

I'm sorry if you're having problems with your flip straw cups. If by chance you believe the units you received are defective then I would encourage you to contact our customer service department at support@woot.com.
Thanks!

Email customer service: support@woot.com for order problems ~OR~ Use the Support form linked at the top of every page.

amberhartleroad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amberhartleroad

I also found these difficult to clean. They were very challenging to reassemble (I didn't see the instructions in the comments section and have already thrown away the straw cups, so I'm not sure if that would help). Either way, there are too many parts to clean and the lid had areas that are hard to reach and get gross. Nuby makes much better straw cups with only 2 parts to assemble and the lids can be cleaned.

soozenw

quality posts: 7 Private Messages soozenw

We've used the straw cups for our boys, and we've never had a problem with them leaking. They come with instructions on how to clean and put them back together.

My issue with them is the straw can get moldy. But using pipe cleaners when you wash them takes care of that problem. Also, if you have a chewer, expect to replace the top of the straw pretty frequently. My youngest has chewed through his share of these straws. Amazon sells replacements for pretty cheap.

I'd buy more if my youngest wasn't moving on to big boy cups. These are awesome toddler cups.

rafcon

quality posts: 18 Private Messages rafcon

We bought these and really enjoy them. Our dishwasher cleans them just fine and all we remove is the detachable straw (like in most straw sippy cups). The water bottle looking one took a little getting used to for my older one as it encourages biting down to get the liquid flowing but she's used to it now and loves it with ice water which used to be something she refused to drink. Highly recommend.

I got a fever... and the only prescription... is more woot!
  • Woots
  • More Woots
  • Even More Woots
  • And Counting...

knickster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages knickster

Good heavens, I'm sorry to see these cups getting a bad rap. We've been using them exclusively for years. I can assemble a cup in under 10 seconds. I will admit that the grandparents are all stumped by it. But the directions above are spot on. I definitely take it all apart and put the straws and pop-off top in the silverware compartment of the dishwasher, while the cup and lid go on the top rack. Everything comes out clean every time. I've had to buy a straw replacement pack only once in about 3 years. I would highly recommend!

wooda2008

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wooda2008

I bought these the last time around, and they're worth every penny.

You don't have to be an engineer to pull the sippy top apart to clean it. The only problem is the sippy straw takes the vacuum force of deep space to drink from, as they are from the box. I opened the slits in the silicone valve which helped.

The sport bottles are the best! no problem with them, ever!

kckckc130

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kckckc130

Honestly, the directions probably just bombed this product even more. If you read the directions out loud and resist the urge to ask yourself the question "all of this for a sippy cup" while you're reading it, then hey, go at it. I'm just saying there are a lot better designs out there and this is my least fav out of the many designs I have tried.

BPL5683 wrote:After seeing your post I grabbed our samples (the very bottles you see in the picture), and tested your claim in a sink with water.To take apart the flip straw cup just pop the button off the lid and slide the straw out of the bottom of the lid. The straw has a hard plastic lower portion that goes on the inside of the bottle, while the soft flexible part sticks out of the top. To put the flip straw cup back together simply slide the straw back into the bottom of the lid. Then take the button piece and fit the upper part of the straw into the notch on the button. Then pop the button back onto the lid (it should pop right on). Finally, push up from the bottom of the straw, and also pull it from the top to make sure seal on the straw is tight, but it honestly doesn't need that much force. The straw is fitted to the lid. The whole process of putting the bottle back together took under 1 minute

I'm sorry if you're having problems with your flip straw cups. If by chance you believe the units you received are defective then I would encourage you to contact our customer service department at support@woot.com.
Thanks!

Miranda03

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Miranda03

These cups AGAIN woot? Damn..move on. Save them for a woot off.