WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Trend Lab Diapers

One of the great things about being a baby is you can walk around in your underwear and no one cares. But if you're a baby and those diapers aren't trendy, then you're asking for trouble. But don't worry. We've got you covered. You're only a few clicks away from a fresh new supply.

Quality Posts

fwijaya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fwijaya

i was just wondering, once baby is wearing this diaper, can he still wear the regular onesie? Or do i need to get regular t-shirt for my 7 mo baby?

debour

quality posts: 0 Private Messages debour

I don't have experience with these exact diapers but with similar cloth ones. Onesies still fit but you may need a bigger size onesie.

fwijaya wrote:i was just wondering, once baby is wearing this diaper, can he still wear the regular onesie? Or do i need to get regular t-shirt for my 7 mo baby?

fwijaya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fwijaya
debour wrote:I don't have experience with these exact diapers but with similar cloth ones. Onesies still fit but you may need a bigger size onesie.

Awesome. Thanks for the input. I am ready to try this diapers.

haplo65

quality posts: 0 Private Messages haplo65

Has anyone tried these that also has GroVia diapers? They looking strikingly similar, so much so that I'm wondering if our GroVia snap-in liners will fit these shells.

Fountain3586

quality posts: 32 Private Messages Fountain3586

Cloth diapers are the way to go. If you have the time and the patience, DO IT. You will save SOOO MUCH MONEY!! :-) I used cloth diapers for the first 6 months. The older they get, the crazier their poop gets. If you switch from cloth to store bought, make sure you use Huggies Pure & Natural... they are the best.

Favorite Woots: The First Years miSwivel Feeding Chair, Kiddy Sport’n Move Stroller, Sacs of Life Insulator 4 Reusable Shopping Bags, Daiwa Golf Bag, Energizer Light on Demand Twin Light Center, Ooma Telo ViIP Home Phone System, and a Stainless Steel Designer 6 Ounce Flask.

smquinn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smquinn
Fountain3586 wrote:Cloth diapers are the way to go. If you have the time and the patience, DO IT. You will save SOOO MUCH MONEY!! :-) I used cloth diapers for the first 6 months. The older they get, the crazier their poop gets. If you switch from cloth to store bought, make sure you use Huggies Pure & Natural... they are the best.

Couldn't agree more though we plan on using cloth through the entire process. Just got to make sure you get a sprayer to clean out the diapers before you wash.

bethanne709

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bethanne709
haplo65 wrote:Has anyone tried these that also has GroVia diapers? They looking strikingly similar, so much so that I'm wondering if our GroVia snap-in liners will fit these shells.

I don't have GroVIa, but the snaps on these seem to be the same size as my Econobum, some covers I bought from a woman who makes them at home, and another diaper I had that I gave away and am not sure of the brand name. I think they are pretty standard although the fit my not be quite as secure between brands. Hope that helps.

shoestringbudget

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shoestringbudget
fwijaya wrote:i was just wondering, once baby is wearing this diaper, can he still wear the regular onesie? Or do i need to get regular t-shirt for my 7 mo baby?

I nanny for kids who wear cloth diapers like these. Onesies are fine, but they need to be able to snap at the bottom, and these can be bulkier than the typical disposable diaper, so you might want slightly larger ones. I also don't recommend these for overnight as they can leak onto clothes once saturated.

dancingnancie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dancingnancie

They make onesie extenders! :-D
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002YQU6KC

slrosenbaum

quality posts: 4 Private Messages slrosenbaum

We used cloth diapers with my 2.5yo until she was 18 months old. The main reason we stopped was because at that point, we were having a hard time finding clothes that fit over the diaper. 8 months later, she's potty trained. Cloth is definitely the cheaper way to go, although its not for everyone. When you're nursing, or formula feeding, you can put the poopy diapers directly into the washing machine. It's only when they start eating solids do you need to start rinsing them out. The diaper sprayers are awesome for this.

This is a fantastic deal. Considering that most of the bigger name diapers (Bummis, Swaddlebees, Fuzzibuns) sell AIOs (all-in-ones) for $20+, $8 per diaper is fantastic! I'm not a huge fan of AIOs myself, but I know a lot of people who are. If you're interested in trying cloth, this is a great way to get started! :-)

spiffywooter

quality posts: 2 Private Messages spiffywooter
haplo65 wrote:Has anyone tried these that also has GroVia diapers? They looking strikingly similar, so much so that I'm wondering if our GroVia snap-in liners will fit these shells.

I don't have GroVia, but I do have GroBaby (what they were before they changed their name to GroVia) diapers. Not sure if they changed other than the name, but the snap in my GroBaby snap in soaker is different than the snaps on the outside of the cover to change sizes, if that makes sense. The ones in the picture appear to be similar to KAM size 20 snaps on the outside, but since it doesn't show a picture of the snap on the inside it is hard to tell if it is the same snap.

Woot, would you be able to tell us if the snap in part on the inside has the same kind of snap (size, shape, etc) as the snaps on the outside?

anthropomorph

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anthropomorph

I have both, but the snap is different. However, I have used prefolds just folded and tucked into these, without pinning or a snappy, instead of the inserts because the microfiber material of the inserts they came with gave my son a rash. The covers are great, and the liner holds the prefolds in place. I haven't tried them with the GroVia inserts, but the smooth, waterproof material of the GroVia inserts makes me think that without being able to snap them in place, they would slide around too much.

anthropomorph

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anthropomorph

I bought these the last time they were on Woot. The covers are a great addition to our hodgepodge collection of cloth diapers and accessories. The inserts immediately gave my son a rash, so they didn't get much use, but for $8 the covers alone are worth the price. I use them with prefolds that we already had, just folded in thirds and tucked and the problem was solved. The texture of the lining keeps the prefold in place, even with a walking toddler.

felisha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages felisha
Fountain3586 wrote: If you switch from cloth to store bought, make sure you use Huggies Pure & Natural... they are the best.

Matter of opinion. Huggies and Pampers cost far more than Luvs, and in my now 8 months worth of experience, the Luvs work just as well and cost a good bit less. Average Amazon S&S cost on the Luvs with Amazon Mom prime account is ~$32.00 per box of 270 count Size 3s. Similar pricing can be had from big box stores in combination with said store's monthly coupons (i.e. BJs, Costco, Sams Club)

Opinions aren't fact. Just sayin'.

spacefox

quality posts: 2 Private Messages spacefox
slrosenbaum wrote:We used cloth diapers with my 2.5yo until she was 18 months old. The main reason we stopped was because at that point, we were having a hard time finding clothes that fit over the diaper. 8 months later, she's potty trained. Cloth is definitely the cheaper way to go, although its not for everyone. When you're nursing, or formula feeding, you can put the poopy diapers directly into the washing machine. It's only when they start eating solids do you need to start rinsing them out. The diaper sprayers are awesome for this.

This is a fantastic deal. Considering that most of the bigger name diapers (Bummis, Swaddlebees, Fuzzibuns) sell AIOs (all-in-ones) for $20+, $8 per diaper is fantastic! I'm not a huge fan of AIOs myself, but I know a lot of people who are. If you're interested in trying cloth, this is a great way to get started! :-)

I agree with all that you just said, except my kiddo has sensitive skin and I only put her in cotton stuff, not polyester. If you have a kid that breaks out in heat rashes, I do not recommend this polyester fleece stuff.

jokofoto

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jokofoto

I'm confused, do the liners come out or not? The pictures are no help. The description says something about snapping the liner in place, unless I'm reading it wrong.

We use Bum Genius all-in-ones, which we like a lot. I'm not a fan of prefolds, but if the liner snaps in place in these, I would probably try them out.