WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Toys Under $20

If you're like us, then every time you buy your kids a new toy, your child plays with it for a few minutes, and then somehow the toy disappears only hours later. Solution: buy cheaper toys! That way when they go missing, you can just shrug, and call it a day.

Quality Posts

conand19

quality posts: 4 Private Messages conand19

Does the brine shrimp aquarium include the brine shrimp eggs?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

conand19 wrote:Does the brine shrimp aquarium include the brine shrimp eggs?

Checking. Please Hold.

FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

BPL5683

quality posts: 24 Private Messages BPL5683

Staff

conand19 wrote:Does the brine shrimp aquarium include the brine shrimp eggs?

ThunderThighs wrote:Checking. Please Hold.

Yes, It comes with Artemia (fancy sciencology name for brine shrimp) Eggs and Artemia Food. The dried eggs have to be exposed to the warm water to hatch. You can then use the included magnifying glass to view the disgusting little creatures as they mature.

Email customer service: support@woot.com for order problems ~OR~ Use the Support form linked at the top of every page.

fuzzypeaches

quality posts: 10 Private Messages fuzzypeaches

Remember when these used to be called 'sea monkeys'? We had them once when I was a kid. I was so disappointed that I couldn't see a cute tiny family (all wearing little tiny crowns). At least this set calls it by the correct term.

10 quality post! Whoo hoo! I'M SOMEBODY!!!

ZeteHitman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ZeteHitman

Hate to Poo-Poo on a deal but you can get a 48 hot wheels case at amazon for $12. Its plastic and not tin so I guess if you or your child prefers tin then the one on here would be the way to go as it is 2.99 cheaper than what amazon lists it for http://www.amazon.com/Neat-Oh-Hot-Wheels-Carry-Case/dp/B00551NE0C

dnebel514

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dnebel514

Stay away from the Best Lock set! I repeat, Stay Away! If you know nothing about them, don't be tempted by the price.

I bought 2 sets from a previous woot and despite all the negative reviews since they still keep offering them.

They are very frustrating for children (and adults). My son really wanted army Legos, so we tried these. Had to GLUE the set together so it would stay together. The pieces pop off so frequently or don't sit flat against each other. The 2nd set has remained unopened and neither of us will touch it. I would be embarrassed to even give it away as a gift. This set is now sitting out, ready to be donated.

joedel263

quality posts: 4 Private Messages joedel263
fuzzypeaches wrote:Remember when these used to be called 'sea monkeys'? We had them once when I was a kid. I was so disappointed that I couldn't see a cute tiny family (all wearing little tiny crowns). At least this set calls it by the correct term.

Sea Monkeys are still available. They're "Artemia NYOS" a breed which was artificially engineered for the purpose of being sold through mail order catalogs.

I'm curious as to how these differ. (though I already have sea monkeys, they live in the bathroom, it's the right temperature..)

wootpapa

quality posts: 18 Private Messages wootpapa

The Morphibians are fun, but the remote control is bizarre. Instead of having one joystick do forward/backward and one joystick do left/right steering.... one joystick controls the left wheels and the other joystick controls the right wheels.

So, if you press only one joystick, the car goes in circles.

To go forward, both joysticks are pushed forward, and a turn is achieved by pulling back one of the joysticks. The left joystick turns the vehicle right. The right joystick turns the vehicle left.

It's counter-intuitive to say the least.

It takes quite a while to get the steering down, and we never quite did. The cars don't go fast, so I guess it's not too much of a problem.