Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3284 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Tons of good reviews (3.9 out of 5.0) over at amazon

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

Truthfully, I'd wait for the wipes in the green soft plastic holders. I've not had good experience with any slot pull out product.

that was fun while it lasted!

goatcrapp

quality posts: 16 Private Messages goatcrapp

Anyone know if these are flushable?

lichme

quality posts: 2734 Private Messages lichme

Ummmm, can these be used by non "kids" for ummmmm, a fresher feeling?

kovo

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kovo

Apples to oranges, but generic wipes at Wally World are $11.97 for 700 (1.7 cents each, probably plus tax), and these are $29.99 for 840 (3.6 cents each including shipping for one).

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Parent-s-Choice-Unscented-Baby-Wipes-700ct/16565120

prttymf8

quality posts: 25 Private Messages prttymf8

I've used these before. Entirely too thin for my liking. Lots of tearing during messy cleanups.

fenway4277

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fenway4277

Does anyone know whether these are the old version of the wipes, or the new version? Apparently there is a new version that is getting pretty poor reviews on 7G's website (1.5/5 stars based on 67 reviews).

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
lichme wrote:Ummmm, can these be used by non "kids" for ummmmm, a fresher feeling?

Of course. Though the ones I use them on are in diapers

And don't flush wipes, even the ones labeled flushable. You will only provide work for plumbers.

myrddinemrys

quality posts: 3 Private Messages myrddinemrys
goatcrapp wrote:Anyone know if these are flushable?

Not flushable.

http://www.seventhgeneration.com/Natural-Baby-Wipes?vx24scG34=1397831&variation=free-clear

Click on the "Usage" tab about half way down, to get this: "DISPOSAL SAFETY: Please dispose of used wipes in trash receptacle. Do not flush."

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3284 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

pretty good reviews (4.5 out of 5.0) over at walmart.com

greatwhite35

quality posts: 7 Private Messages greatwhite35

Better deal at your local Costco and are larger 7.7"x6.7". Huggies® Natural Care® Plus Baby Wipes $34.99
Costco

•5 refill packs of 224 wipes each
•1120 wipes total
•Includes convenient refillable tub
•Includes travel pack
•Thicker than other national brands to handle big messes
•Maintains your baby’s naturally perfect skin
•Provides a gentle touch of Aloe and vitamin E
•Easy, one-handed Pop-Up Tub® dispensing
•Alcohol-free, hypoallergenic formula won’t irritate baby
•Fragrance-free

Toothy, The Hamptons (160 woots and 3 Bunch of 60s Cartoons#39;s as of April 1, 2013!!)

kkhanmd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kkhanmd
fenway4277 wrote:Does anyone know whether these are the old version of the wipes, or the new version? Apparently there is a new version that is getting pretty poor reviews on 7G's website (1.5/5 stars based on 67 reviews).

I would like to know too, the old ones were great, the new ones with duck imprint are barely adequate.

kkhanmd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kkhanmd

It seems like such a waste to buy 12 plastic containers. They very thing you want to avoid by buying these wipes.

islandtimeonly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages islandtimeonly

First: It doesn't matter what it says, DON'T FLUSH! States don't pass that till there's a huge problem and it's too late! Second: by Wally World do you mean Wally WARTZ or Walmart? Stay away from those guys on moral grounds! They are socio political sewage! Ask all the businesses... Scouting for odd deals here and there online is one thing, but ditching ALL your local businesses? As for the wipes, they aren't as big or as thick as the usual brands like huggies, but they'll get the job done!

islandtimeonly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages islandtimeonly
kkhanmd wrote:It seems like such a waste to buy 12 plastic containers. They very thing you want to avoid by buying these wipes.

I agree! I get the big bag! I wash the old container! I have a handful of the lightly smaller containers in the work room saying, "Well, do something with me!"

CoffeeOnIce

quality posts: 11 Private Messages CoffeeOnIce

I use these myself for makeup removal, post-workout, and occasionally, to wipe down the cats when they smell. I'm glad they're free of evil chemicals and smells and whatnot, but they are just not as moist or plush as other brands. It used to take one Target baby wipe to get all my makeup off, now it takes two of these things, makeup remover, and a brillo pad.

I shudder to think what these are like for actual baby messes.

Rachel0982

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Rachel0982
fenway4277 wrote:Does anyone know whether these are the old version of the wipes, or the new version? Apparently there is a new version that is getting pretty poor reviews on 7G's website (1.5/5 stars based on 67 reviews).

I would be interested in this as well. A full list of ingredients would be super helpful in determining that. The new version isn't as EWG friendly as the old version...

dallaspeach

quality posts: 20 Private Messages dallaspeach

Buyer here... These are the old version

gina3graces

quality posts: 38 Private Messages gina3graces

From Woot, back this past December I bought three cases (each case was 12 packs of 70 in the green package) of the 7G wipes the last time they were offered. On the one hand I remember being surprised that the wipes were somewhat thick and thought 'oh okay these are not so bad' but then somehow I fell out of love with them the longer I continued to use them. Something about them felt a bit slimey...I think it is a texture thing.

We are a household that goes through an extraordinary amount of baby wipes (and we use responsible disposal) as we believe they contribute to a higher level of cleanliness in the multiple ways they can be utilized. We KNOW baby wipes.

Just want to add that it IS a very good thing to get new container boxes for your wipes from time to time. They get handled by numerous family members and are probably a haven for germs in all the opening and closing a container will see over its lifetime. Yes, you can wipe the boxes clean, but sometimes its best to retire them and start anew.

One of the pluses about ordering from Woot is the nice delivery aspect and knowing that my sweet mailman will go to all the trouble to lug three big cases to my door.

Wipes are a great alternative to Clorox wipes when you want to take a less caustic chemical route to clean things around the house. I think the 7G wipes are best suited for this type of particular use as personally I feel they lack the aesthetics and attributes of other specialty wipes (hypoallergenic and fragrance free). The 7G wipes have a substrate made of a polyester rayon blend (this is the texture issue for me, personally).

Here is the link to the Material Safety Data Sheet for Seventh Generation baby wipes ---
http://www.seventhgeneration.com/sites/default/files/assets/pdf/msds/English/Baby_Wipes_MSDS.pdf

mellowknees

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mellowknees

Based on the quantity per pack, I believe these are the old style wipes. The current version come 64 to a pack, whereas the old ones were 70.

I've used both versions if the wipes and personally, I like the new style better. They are considerably thicker than the old style and I find that the new texture helps remove more mess. And although neither version is scented, I feel like the new ones leave less wipe smell on my hands.

So, if you are a fan of the old style seventh gen wipes, now is your chance to snag a bunch!

bruce57

quality posts: 9 Private Messages bruce57
islandtimeonly wrote:First: It doesn't matter what it says, DON'T FLUSH! States don't pass that till there's a huge problem and it's too late! Second: by Wally World do you mean Wally WARTZ or Walmart? Stay away from those guys on moral grounds! They are socio political sewage! Ask all the businesses... Scouting for odd deals here and there online is one thing, but ditching ALL your local businesses? As for the wipes, they aren't as big or as thick as the usual brands like huggies, but they'll get the job done!

Oh, please...you find nothing wrong with buying online -- obviously, in order to get a better price than you can find in a brick-and-mortar store -- but then harangue people about buying at Walmart instead of local mom-and-pops? Talk about being morally ambiguous....

sdblair

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sdblair

Are these really 7G speed, or do you need to live in a city with 7G support?

Woot

anastasial

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anastasial

No, they are not flushable wipes.