WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Stur Water Enhancer 6-Pack

Speed to First Woot:
2m 7.115s
First Sucker:
raider531
Last Wooter to Woot:
sdc100
Last Purchase:
a year ago
Order Pace (rank):
Top 42% of Kids Woots
Top 40% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 11% of Kids Woots
Top 14% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

  • 2% first woot
  • 2% second woot
  • 14% < 10 woots
  • 21% < 25 woots
  • 61% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 2% joined today
  • 0% one week old
  • 0% one month old
  • 10% one year old
  • 87% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 71% bought 1
  • 18% bought 2
  • 11% bought 3 or more

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

8%
5%
3%
1%
2%
3%
6%
8%
8%
9%
5%
5%
5%
3%
5%
2%
2%
2%
3%
2%
3%
4%
3%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting



Quality Posts


ThunderThighs


quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff


Oh hey, lookie here. It's a new site!



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

conanthelibrarian


quality posts: 3459 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Check out some more info about Stur over at sturdrinks.com


conanthelibrarian


quality posts: 3459 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Big plus about Stur is that it is sugar free. It is made with Stevia so it is safe for Diabetics.


ugrasse2


quality posts: 6 Private Messages ugrasse2

I love my kids, so I will give them "unenhanced" water. Healthy AND happy.

lichme


quality posts: 2846 Private Messages lichme

How do these compare to the Mio water flavor things?

CoffeeOnIce


quality posts: 11 Private Messages CoffeeOnIce

How Stevia-y does this stuff taste? I find that Stevia has a not-so-subtle taste of old Windex. I like a good sucralose drink, though.

And please don't tell me sucralose will kill me, it's much more likely that my jaywalking habit will do me in.

Gnomercy


quality posts: 12 Private Messages Gnomercy

I prefer the taste of stevia in drinks, and can't tolerate either aspartame or sucralose.

There are currently zero stevia choices at my local grocery stores but plenty of crazy chemical combos.

I hope this tastes as good as Crystal Light's "Pure" product. It enabled me to give up sodas completely and still have some flavor with my water.

Some people don't care for the flavor of their local tap water.

Do keep in mind these are naturally sweetened - in that stevia is a natural sweetener. Do Read and decide for yourself.


_____________________________
I woot, therefore I am.

.

noel55


quality posts: 0 Private Messages noel55

Artificial sweeteners are very dangerous for children as well as adults. They really screw up your brains receptors and mess with your chemical balance. I would never put this junk in my kids water I would rather see real sugar used. I agree too these new sweeteners taste bitter

noel55


quality posts: 0 Private Messages noel55

Dangers of Stevia


http://www.3fatchicks.com/6-health-dangers-of-stevia/

daehnolem


quality posts: 2 Private Messages daehnolem

"As you can see from these findings, kids go crazy for the great taste of Stur Water Enhancer! Don't delay! Buy some now!"

Woot, would you say they'll go "Stur" crazy?

Unfortunately, I'll be here all night folks!

wchong4


quality posts: 12 Private Messages wchong4
lichme wrote:How do these compare to the Mio water flavor things?



Identical.

There aren't too many ways to twist artificial sugar + flavoring in a pocket sized container that may one day squeeze out into your brand new khakis.

curtisuxor


quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor

What does this product have to do with kids?

Gnomercy


quality posts: 12 Private Messages Gnomercy

Mio = Water, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Malic Acid, Contains Less than 2% of Natural Flavor, Sucralose and Acesulfame Potassium (Sweeteners), Potassium Citrate, Red 40, Blue 1, Potassium Sorbate (Preservative).

Stur = Water, Citric Acid, Natural Flavor, Natural Color (Vegetable Juice), Sodium Citrate, Natural Sweetener (Stevia Leaf Extract) Freshness (Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate)

Not identical. There are common items, but Stur has vitamins and natural flavors and colors instead of not chemicals and Red/Blue dyes.

wchong4 wrote:Identical.

There aren't too many ways to twist artificial sugar + flavoring in a pocket sized container that may one day squeeze out into your brand new khakis.




_____________________________
I woot, therefore I am.

.

CoffeeOnIce


quality posts: 11 Private Messages CoffeeOnIce
noel55 wrote:Artificial sweeteners are very dangerous for children as well as adults. They really screw up your brains receptors and mess with your chemical balance. I would never put this junk in my kids water I would rather see real sugar used. I agree too these new sweeteners taste bitter



Not actually true. This is one of those unsubstantiated claims that keeps being fueled by "health" websites and magazines that don't actually have any science behind them. You'll read a lot of "information" but the only citations you'll see to back them up are from junk websites and blogs. There are simply no scientific studies that have found that artificial sweeteners cause negative health effects. The ones that started the rumor storm decades ago, claiming that sweeteners caused cancer in rats, have been discredited.

And the blog you linked to below doesn't cite its sources. The study they reference, though, about stevia causing fertility issues, was also debunked. I've followed that one closely because I avoided stevia for that reason. Now I just avoid it because it tastes unpleasant.

Seriously guys - nothing's 100% safe, but as far as this stuff being bad for you/your kids, it should be way, way down on the list of concerns. I'm not preaching, and I'm definitely not a spokesperson although if Splenda wants to pay me, that'd be great. I just have a thing about junk science.

morninglark


quality posts: 22 Private Messages morninglark
noel55 wrote:Artificial sweeteners are very dangerous for children as well as adults. They really screw up your brains receptors and mess with your chemical balance. I would never put this junk in my kids water I would rather see real sugar used. I agree too these new sweeteners taste bitter


Except for the fact that the stuff you buy in stores is refined, Stevia is a natural sweetener. It's a leaf. I grew my own one year and plan to do so again this summer. It grows well in a pot, is easy to care for and it's kinda neat to chew a leaf and taste the sweetness. However, dried it's difficult to use and loses sweetness.. To use the whole leaf you have to crush the leaf to get the juices out. Their are websites that explain how to process it into a liquid in your kitchen--homemade has a short shelf life though.

Health wise, it's been in use in Japan and Europe for decades. They use fewer sweeteners than Americans though--Americans sweeten too many things. :-) Anyway some people think the stevia processes from the whole leaf (found in the health food sections as a supplement) is safer than the reb A component by itself (Stevia sweet taste comes from two chemicals in the whole leaf). Only the Reb A component is legal to sell as a sweetener in the US. It's usually cut or packaged with another component--read the labels, different brands cut it with different substances--sometimes with sugar alcohols. If you didn't like the taste of Stevia, try a different brand.

lboban


quality posts: 12 Private Messages lboban

Boy, nothing raises the temperature in a Woot forum like a discussion over artificial sweeteners! Can we all just agree that the one you like best is the best one for you, and leave it at that??

g0nz0


quality posts: 0 Private Messages g0nz0

Huge difference between these and Mio: Mio has Propelyne Glycol (basically anti-freeze) to give it a syrupy texture. An unfortunate side-effect is that in many this can cause violent diarrhea. It took me months to figure out the cause.

These don't seem to have that. In fact, it seems like all of the new brand name "water enhancers" like the Desani, spinach, and Hawaiian Punch avoid the runs-inducing ingredient. (Store-brand Mio relabels like the Wal*Mart and Target DO have the anti-freeze).

g0nz0


quality posts: 0 Private Messages g0nz0
g0nz0 wrote: new brand name "water enhancers" like the Desani, spinach, and Hawaiian Punch avoid



Just to clarify... woot!'s April fools day filter seems to have changed "K.o.o.l.-A.i.d" to "spinach". Which is awesome because spinach is expensive!

avahicreasei


quality posts: 1 Private Messages avahicreasei

I just had a WONDERFUL IDEA. Totally buying this to use with my new SodaStream their syrups are horribly expensive; these ones sound way better anyway.

JRRB


quality posts: 34 Private Messages JRRB

I'm on the fence about this. My hubby goes through a lot of MiO and I'd like to try this option instead, but neither of us like the Stevia aftertaste. I hope someone can weigh in on whether that is pronounced with this.

drberna


quality posts: 1 Private Messages drberna

I'm really interested in this, as I am a big fan of Crystal Light's "Pure" flavored water packets (without artificial sweeteners). However, I'm trying to work out the cost, as right now it's seeming quite expensive.

I usually use a 16oz bottle for my water/flavored water. It says each bottle has 10 servings, which, if used like most people really comes out to only 5 servings since I'm pretty sure most people pour a bigger glass, or put their water into a water bottle instead of measuring out a small 8oz serving. So if there are 5 servings in each bottle, and the deal gets you 6 bottles, that would equal 30 water bottles. The deal is $15, plus $5 shipping (if you aren't planning to purchase anything else in 24 hours...if you are, then the cost of shipping can be divided among your purchases, obviously).

So that is about $.67 per "real" serving (again, for people using water bottles and not an 8oz cup).

Crystal Light Pure is $2.40 for 7 packets (made for approx. 16oz of water). That comes out to $.34 per "real serving".

Even if there were no shipping cost it would still be $.50 per "real serving" for Stur.

Bummer. I was hoping to get to try a new water enhancing drink that didn't have artificial sweeteners. That's a bit much for me, though. They would go fast in my home!

drberna


quality posts: 1 Private Messages drberna

But someone please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm no math major, lol!

alliemda


quality posts: 4 Private Messages alliemda
noel55 wrote:Artificial sweeteners are very dangerous for children as well as adults. They really screw up your brains receptors and mess with your chemical balance. I would never put this junk in my kids water I would rather see real sugar used. I agree too these new sweeteners taste bitter


They screw up "your brains receptors"? I guess you are speaking from experience. I will leave it at that; I don't have it in me to point out the remaining grammatical errors in this post.

[feeling slightly guilty for a low-blow]
edit: upon reflection not so guilty.
follow-up edit: Will someone at Woot please get rid of the edit function so I can quit obsessing about my own spelling and grammar, not to mention re-thinking my emotions of 8 minutes ago?

JRRB


quality posts: 34 Private Messages JRRB
drberna wrote:I'm really interested in this, as I am a big fan of Crystal Light's "Pure" flavored water packets (without artificial sweeteners). However, I'm trying to work out the cost, as right now it's seeming quite expensive.

I usually use a 16oz bottle for my water/flavored water. It says each bottle has 10 servings, which, if used like most people really comes out to only 5 servings since I'm pretty sure most people pour a bigger glass, or put their water into a water bottle instead of measuring out a small 8oz serving. So if there are 5 servings in each bottle, and the deal gets you 6 bottles, that would equal 30 water bottles. The deal is $15, plus $5 shipping (if you aren't planning to purchase anything else in 24 hours...if you are, then the cost of shipping can be divided among your purchases, obviously).

So that is about $.67 per "real" serving (again, for people using water bottles and not an 8oz cup).

Crystal Light Pure is $2.40 for 7 packets (made for approx. 16oz of water). That comes out to $.34 per "real serving".

Even if there were no shipping cost it would still be $.50 per "real serving" for Stur.

Bummer. I was hoping to get to try a new water enhancing drink that didn't have artificial sweeteners. That's a bit much for me, though. They would go fast in my home!



I'm the last person to talk to about math, but I think there may be a flaw in your reasoning about a "real serving." I think that will vary from person to person. E.g., I tend to use a bit less MiO than recommended because I like a lighter flavor. My husband uses more, so our combined use probably balances out to the recommended serving size.

If it helps, I prefer to use about half a packet of the powdered tube of Lipton Tea & Honey. It does say two servings per packet, but I'm not sure how many people actually follow that. The directions say "Add one packet to one bottle (16.9 fl oz) of water." I tend to add half a packet to my Camelbak Better Bottle. What I'm trying to say, in my round about way, is that your milage may vary.

drberna


quality posts: 1 Private Messages drberna

Yes, I can see that the price per serving maybe be less (or more) depending on the person's preference. However, just speaking of comparing the product to what I would say is its closest competition found in stores, even with the woot deal it is about twice the cost.

JRRB wrote:I'm the last person to talk to about math, but I think there may be a flaw in your reasoning about a "real serving." I think that will vary from person to person. E.g., I tend to use a bit less MiO than recommended because I like a lighter flavor. My husband uses more, so our combined use probably balances out to the recommended serving size.

If it helps, I prefer to use about half a packet of the powdered tube of Lipton Tea & Honey. It does say two servings per packet, but I'm not sure how many people actually follow that. The directions say "Add one packet to one bottle (16.9 fl oz) of water." I tend to add half a packet to my Camelbak Better Bottle. What I'm trying to say, in my round about way, is that your milage may vary.



Moueska


quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

A little "Lord of the Flies" this week... hm?

vrysen


quality posts: 4 Private Messages vrysen

Just got mine in the mail today. I love the Strawberry flavor. Haven't tried the others yet.

I love that they don't have artificial sweetener, as that stuff gives me headaches.

I wish I got more.

sturdrinks


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sturdrinks
vrysen wrote:Just got mine in the mail today. I love the Strawberry flavor. Haven't tried the others yet.

I love that they don't have artificial sweetener, as that stuff gives me headaches.

I wish I got more.



Hi, this is Neel from Stur! Thanks so much for the positive feedback! Please share more (even if negative), we'd love to improve our product further - we're always trying to make it taste better! If you'd like to purchase more Stur, please visit our website: www.sturdrinks.com