WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Elenco Snap Circuits

When Ben Franklin flew a kite and electrocuted himself, he wasn't just doing it for fun and games, but that doesn't mean we can't make fun and games out of his findings. Take pleasure in poor old Ben's pain, and enjoy the immense pleasure of circuitry. Woohoo! Science!

stinhoutx

quality posts: 11 Private Messages stinhoutx

It suspiciously looks like there was possibly only one of the big set available.

gillisr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gillisr

I love Elenco kits. I play with the Snap Circuits Jr. with my 8 year old son. He loves it, and is now completely independent with it, except for some "in the same room" supervision. I even used it in my high school physics classes: excellent visualization of what is going on, and more reliable than batteries and jumper wires. However, the Project 130 kit is only $2.64 less than on Amazon. As a Prime member, it's cheaper to go with Amazon. I will have to check the other items. Too bad the big kit sold out so quickly.

gillisr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gillisr

The Snap Circuits Light are $7.00 cheaper on Amazon. These are great kits but some are not deals. Caveat Emptor.

fuzzypeaches

quality posts: 10 Private Messages fuzzypeaches

When I was growing up, my brother & I would check this type of thing out of the library on a regular basis. We grew up without a television for many years. I honestly believe that we learned more in those few years than any other time in our lives.

10 quality post! Whoo hoo! I'M SOMEBODY!!!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

gillisr wrote:The Snap Circuits Light are $7.00 cheaper on Amazon. These are great kits but some are not deals. Caveat Emptor.

Not anymore. Wish Amazon would stop changing their prices all the time.

Anyway, if you ordered already, you'll have some bucks coming back your way automagically.

If you haven't bought, what are you waiting for? Take advantage of that $5 all day shipping (until midnight CT).

FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

pinball

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pinball

130 in 1 - Amazon wins

baybei

quality posts: 49 Private Messages baybei

I had something similar as a kid. My parents were foolish enough to let me and my brother play with this and a chemistry set unsupervised. I still wonder how we both made it to adulthood!

codyormoe

quality posts: 2 Private Messages codyormoe

We have a few sets of these, one is the little set, the sc-100(Jr.), we also have the huge set, sc-750 Extreme. My kids have all loved these, all but my youngest, who's, 11 have outgrown them at this point, but they'll still plop down next to the 11 yr old and start tinkering sometimes.

We've given a couple sets to the elementary school as class gifts over the years. The teachers love them! I still get thanked by them whenever I see them.

OHHHH! Best thing I ever did was buy the "Battery Eliminator", it plugs into the wall and can take the place of up to 3 of those battery holders.

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys

I won honorable mention in my 6th grade science fair with a short wave radio version of one of these.

These are GREAT kits to get your kids started in electronics.

badlass

quality posts: 7 Private Messages badlass

I remember having one of those project sets (or something that looks remarkably similar). It was lots of fun Too bad it's already sold out

thebaldwinboy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages thebaldwinboy

I cannot BELIEVE I missed this. *kicks self for not checking kids.woot as regularly as the other sites*

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

thebaldwinboy wrote:I cannot BELIEVE I missed this. *kicks self for not checking kids.woot as regularly as the other sites*

You can also check this thread regularly..

It's a joint project. It lists all the Plus events and is updated each weekday morning. Usually by 9:30-10am.

FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders