WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Billion Dollar Baby('s Gear)

We know the feeling: the terrifying thought that we might not be selling baby gear when you need baby gear. Well, we're here to calm those sad thoughts with ... BABY GEAR. See, nothing to be worried about (except for the fact that we might not have the specific baby gear you're looking for, but that's a small detail). Yeah, baby gear!

mflatau

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mflatau

Do these items come stuffed with gold bars?

skucera

quality posts: 2 Private Messages skucera
mflatau wrote:Do these items come stuffed with gold bars?

I was going to say, that's the most expensive pack-n-play I've ever seen!

scapsinger

quality posts: 21 Private Messages scapsinger

Forget the pack-n-play, that is a freakin' $700 (two zeroes!) stroller!!!

I literally looked 3 times to be sure it was seven-zero-ZERO dollars.

Wow. Hopefully they're only trying to sell 0 of those. Looks like they have only 1 to sell, though. That'll make it easy to identify the incredibly wealthy Wooter among us.

(This all assumes that the stroller has no time travel capabilities...if it DOES travel through time, then I'm in for 1...if I get buyer's remorse I'll just go back and fix it).

rkbergman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rkbergman
scapsinger wrote:Forget the pack-n-play, that is a freakin' $700 (two zeroes!) stroller!!!

I literally looked 3 times to be sure it was seven-zero-ZERO dollars.

Wow. Hopefully they're only trying to sell 0 of those. Looks like they have only 1 to sell, though. That'll make it easy to identify the incredibly wealthy Wooter among us.

(This all assumes that the stroller has no time travel capabilities...if it DOES travel through time, then I'm in for 1...if I get buyer's remorse I'll just go back and fix it).

that's nothing. I've seen $4000 designer strollers before

ethibaul

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ethibaul

They do call it "Billion Dollar Baby's Gear!"

In all seriousness, there's a market for everything, and the buggies do have some really good features. $500-$700 is actually the entry range, for the tier of strollers these models play in.

They are competing with the brands such as Bugaboo, UppaBaby, Quinny, and Stokke.
The manufacturers build these strollers with additional features and functionality to justify a sticker price above the normal umbrella stroller you're gonna get for free with a $50 purchase at ToysForYou stores.
The premium tiers offer features you're not going to get from most Graco or PegPergo models, such as the bassinet, the adjustable toddler seats, higher weight capacity (extending the useful life, because I certainly don't always feel like carrying my 100%+ 2 1/2 year old!,) the ability to easily convert into a dual (or sometimes even triple) model, superior design (telescoping handles, transformer like folding, washability, crazy easy maneuverability) lightweight-but-still durable materials, built in rainguards, sunshades and bug netting, etc...

Are all these features "must haves?" No, but at the same time, if it makes life easier, why automatically dismiss it? (We *could* wash our clothes or dishes by hand still, since those are conveniences not necessities, but we don't normally deny ourselves the use of those expensive tools.)

I guess what I'm saying is, if it fits ones budget and meets ones needs, then it's cool that they consider or purchase it.

luke975

quality posts: 13 Private Messages luke975

the 2 reviews for the 700 stroller were pretty bad. For that much money they shouldn't be that bad.

I always did like yardsales.