0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

I'd be a little worried buying this for my non existent children. I'm not sure if this toy will make your kid love the pediatrics waiting room or hate his room...

Imagine this, you take your son to the doctor and the brat doesn't want to play with any of the poop toys there because he's got a way cooler version of it in his own home. Little brat.

------
Check out this video demo.

lichme

quality posts: 2905 Private Messages lichme
CowboyDann wrote:I'd be a little worried buying this for my non existent children. I'm not sure if this toy will make your kid love the pediatrics waiting room or hate his room...

Imagine this, you take your son to the doctor and the brat doesn't want to play with any of the poop toys there because he's got a way cooler version of it in his own home. Little brat.

As soon as I saw this, I remembered playing with these things in the dentists office. I see your point exactly. I used to spend a lot of time playing with them, but this one is way cooler. Great fun, and good for developing some basic skills for a younger kid.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3528 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Lots of good reviews (3.8 out of 5.0) over at amazon

lstaff

quality posts: 200 Private Messages lstaff

This toy is loved by children young and old, special needs children and regular needs children alike. It's great for a child playing alone, or interactively with a grown up or other children. In my office, this kind of thing is an attractive nuisance - exactly my intentions.

lstaff

quality posts: 200 Private Messages lstaff

The other plusses about this one: made in the USA, so no lead paint worries for the babies that put their mouths on everything, and it has a nice small foot print: perfect for grandma's house, too!

prttymf8

quality posts: 25 Private Messages prttymf8

This also goes nicely with the speaker at Tech.Woot.

yrx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yrx

I'd get this if I owned a doctors office or daycare.. If you don't have kids the only reason to get this is if you are a caregiver and you deal with kids a lot.

smartheart

quality posts: 94 Private Messages smartheart

Had this been available when my kids were young I would have snapped one up. Great toy to stimulate development.

Do note what seems to be a very good price Woot is offering this at.

"Three be the things I shall never attain: Envy, content, and sufficient champagne."
--D. Parker

beck12

quality posts: 41 Private Messages beck12

We had one very very similar to this & my kids loved it. We also happen to have a larger version of it that has a toy chest inside & other things (like a felt board) that is still well loved. I donated ours to our local pharmacy when we got the larger one & my kids go in there & play with it there now too. LOL

This is the PERFECT thing to buy if you have no kids (that is when I bought my first) so that when kids come to your house they have something to play with that will NOT make a mess, brake & they aren't expected to entertain themselves with NOTHING they can touch. It's PERFECT. If you have kids that visit THIS is the perfect thing to keep around. I'd have kept ours if we didn't have an duplicate in our toy box.

spending my kid's college funds one woot off at a time

alukan

quality posts: 5 Private Messages alukan

I am thinking of getting this for when the grandkids visit but all the recent amazon reviews of poor quality construction and paint peeling have me nervous.

Anyone had any of these issues?

selune13

quality posts: 3 Private Messages selune13
conanthelibrarian wrote:Lots of good reviews (3.8 out of 5.0) over at amazon

Sure, the good reviews are good, but the bad reviews are downright scary! Screws falling out?! Not good! Although from reading the reviews it sounds like parents are letting babies play with this, I still don't think a toy for children two and up should have parts falling off with little to no effort. (Shudder.)

kgamon

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kgamon
yrx wrote:I'd get this if I owned a doctors office or daycare.. If you don't have kids the only reason to get this is if you are a caregiver and you deal with kids a lot.

My kids loved playing with these things at the doctor's office when they were babies, so I bought one. They never played with it at home. So, I'd say pretty much the only people who should buy these are those that have an office where kids are likely to be held captive for 15-20 minute periods throughout the day. Otherwise, spend the money on some bacon salt or screaming monkeys.

Ryukyu King

beck12

quality posts: 41 Private Messages beck12
kgamon wrote:My kids loved playing with these things at the doctor's office when they were babies, so I bought one. They never played with it at home. So, I'd say pretty much the only people who should buy these are those that have an office where kids are likely to be held captive for 15-20 minute periods throughout the day. Otherwise, spend the money on some bacon salt or screaming monkeys.

Might depend on the kids. It has been consistently one of the most popular items in our home for all kids, including my own as well as those that visit.

spending my kid's college funds one woot off at a time

dglenniu03

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dglenniu03
lstaff wrote:The other plusses about this one: made in the USA, so no lead paint worries for the babies that put their mouths on everything, and it has a nice small foot print: perfect for grandma's house, too!

Not saying there is lead paint, but USA made does not guarantee no lead paint.

p3psiaddict

quality posts: 0 Private Messages p3psiaddict

Considering purchasing for our indoor playground at our community rec center...is this something that can endure significant usage?

imanotherstory

quality posts: 8 Private Messages imanotherstory

I really really want this for my soon to be twins and current 2 yr old. Now to just be able to justify spending this amount...

ChvyHater

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ChvyHater

Mini Play Cube dimensions = 12" x 12" x 24".

How is that a cube?

tigerfish313

quality posts: 9 Private Messages tigerfish313
ChvyHater wrote:Mini Play Cube dimensions = 12" x 12" x 24".

How is that a cube?

12" cubed, plus the extra 12" of bead maze on top?

imanotherstory

Woot, can you check out the label and tell us the manufacturing date? I am seriously considering getting this but a couple of weird reviews are throwing me off. I want to make sure it will not have parts coming off

eviljamison

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eviljamison

Beware, everyone. Woot customer service has gone to the dogs. Purchased one of these this morning as an Easter present and paid extra for 2-day delivery with it showing a delivery date of Friday. After I hit the Buy It button it processed my order but changed the delivery date to Monday. Contacted customer service and was told I'm just out of luck. I get the honor of paying extra to receive this gift too late!!! Had to buy a second one and pay even more for one-day shipping to get it in time. Bad service, Woot!

DonKudler

quality posts: 4 Private Messages DonKudler
lichme wrote:As soon as I saw this, I remembered playing with these things in the dentists office. I see your point exactly. I used to spend a lot of time playing with them, but this one is way cooler. Great fun, and good for developing some basic skills for a younger kid.

What do you mean "used to"...I still do!

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Woot, you need to talk to my kids about getting married and having some grandkids for me.
I promise if you convince them, it will pay off for you!
I want to play with this thing.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

justinables

quality posts: 2 Private Messages justinables
eviljamison wrote:Beware, everyone. Woot customer service has gone to the dogs. Purchased one of these this morning as an Easter present and paid extra for 2-day delivery with it showing a delivery date of Friday. After I hit the Buy It button it processed my order but changed the delivery date to Monday. Contacted customer service and was told I'm just out of luck. I get the honor of paying extra to receive this gift too late!!! Had to buy a second one and pay even more for one-day shipping to get it in time. Bad service, Woot!

Hi eviljamison,

[Not Evil] Woot CS here!

Sorry about that. Expedited delivery dates change depending on the time you order the item.

Once you receive the first one, just email us and we will send you a prepaid label to return it for a full refund.

Sorry we couldnt stop it in time. Expedited shipping tends to rush everything. Sometimes its good, but making quick changes or cancellations can be (really) frustrating on both ends.

Please email us at support@woot.com for future instructions. =)

dbertoni

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dbertoni

Sold Out? Woot! You don't have one more laying around? Please!

imanotherstory

UGH!! Oh well, they will show up again, woot never actually sells out of product

dbertoni

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dbertoni

Yeah, but it is my son's 1st Birthday this week and it would have been perfect! Help woot!