WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Nude scene in an otherwise respectable movie on TV:
  • 9.4% - It would never happen. I pre-screen everything. 87
  • 8.7% - I turn it off immediately. I don't care for smut! 80
  • 12.2% - I cover my kids eyes. Why should I stop watching? 113
  • 25.9% - I just let 'em see it. They'll be embarrassed enough that they're seeing it with me. 239
  • 29.3% - I don't care. It's just the body. They've got one, don't they? 271
  • 0.9% - Some other answer I'll put in the comments. 8
  • 13.6% - I only let my kids watch violence, thank you very much. 126
924 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

curtisuxor

quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor

I'll never understand the double-standard the MPAA has with sex vs. violence.

For some reason the violence and gore in torture-pron movies, which are about sadistic psychopaths relishing in causing pain, is no problem to put in an "R" rated film, not to mention some of the "PG-13" ones. But if there's one graphic sex scene, which is about pleasure and love, it will earn a movie an "NC-17" immediately.

SumDuud

quality posts: 22 Private Messages SumDuud

I would not consider a nude scene the same as a sex scene. I don't mind my kids seeing a nude scene; the body is nothing to be embarrassed about. I would not let my 4 year old watch a sex scene, but the 9 year old I might. It is important to educate the kids and that can lead to them asking questions. It is an awkward situation, but one that needs to be had.

Let's see the quality impulse buys!
Wooter to blame for sellout: SumDuud
Sellout time: 8:11:25 AM Central Time

Contrarian by nature.

alyxsage

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alyxsage
SumDuud wrote:I would not consider a nude scene the same as a sex scene. I don't mind my kids seeing a nude scene; the body is nothing to be embarrassed about. I would not let my 4 year old watch a sex scene, but the 9 year old I might. It is important to educate the kids and that can lead to them asking questions. It is an awkward situation, but one that needs to be had.

indeed! I agree with everything said there.

hippie1981

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hippie1981

My Catholic-raised boyfriend gets all freaked out if a nude/sex scene comes on and my daughter is watching. It doesn't bother me for her to see that stuff though, but I don't have the hang-ups that he does lol.

mecos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mecos

i have no issues with nudity.