12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 2663 Private Messages lichme

smartheart

quality posts: 94 Private Messages smartheart

Something very different from wooden train sets such as Thomas. I can see each of them bringing something different to play and to development. But I don't think I'd mix them (assuming they are even compatible)>

"Three be the things I shall never attain: Envy, content, and sufficient champagne."
--D. Parker

traquy

quality posts: 50 Private Messages traquy

they would not be compatible. We have the car version of these tracks and they are much wider with no rails. My daughter loves the car one and it works great! You can make an endless shape of track, even banked turns, it's very fun. And added bonus, it packs up pretty well because the track breaks apart into whatever size you want/need for your storage.

smartheart

quality posts: 94 Private Messages smartheart
traquy wrote:they would not be compatible. We have the car version of these tracks and they are much wider with no rails. My daughter loves the car one and it works great! You can make an endless shape of track, even banked turns, it's very fun. And added bonus, it packs up pretty well because the track breaks apart into whatever size you want/need for your storage.

That's certainly an endorsement for the item, several points in fact.

"Three be the things I shall never attain: Envy, content, and sufficient champagne."
--D. Parker

baileys326

quality posts: 0 Private Messages baileys326

Would this track work for matchbox cars? You know the ones that you pull backwards to wind them up and then let them go to watch them zoom away.

negriesenauer

quality posts: 11 Private Messages negriesenauer

My kids have a race car version of this set. They are five and four and need help snapping the track together but once it is set up, they have a lot of fun with it. The track is flexible and so once snapped together they can make their own curves and even put things underneath the track (like books or paper towel tubes) to make new hills.

wilfhh29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wilfhh29

Make sure your kids keep this track together because once they start taking the track apart and scattering them through the house, you will discover that stepping on these is the equivalent of stepping on a Lego.

ericewing

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ericewing

Does anyone know if this is compatible with STRAX by Carrera from the 90's?

BiggyMeows

quality posts: 5 Private Messages BiggyMeows

We have neotracks trucks. We really like them. We bought them on Amazon last September. They were $36 and change for Mindscope Neo Tracks Flexible Assembly (258 pieces) , Neo Track 160 Track Pieces Expansion , and Tracks Additional 4x4 Cars - NTC2 . Here is a link to the Amazon base set, it retails for 19.10. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0029WLJ8O/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 This Woot set has more track and the Amazon set only comes with one vehicle. The train set on Amazon is $57.66.

While I can't speak directly to this set, I'll give you my pros and Cons for the Neotracks.
Pros:
- My 4 year old can assemble the track on his own
- paired with blocks, legos, lincoln logs or tinker toys you have endless options for bridges, tunnels, etc.
- Lakeshore Learning garages fit over the track for ready made tunnels
- We've also run Hexbugs on ours successfully

Cons
- bridges come apart easily and can be a source of frustration
- If you build a hill too steep, the vehicles don't have the omphf need to scale it
- If you run multiple trucks at once, faster trucks will push slower trucks off the tracks resulting in under the couch etc. vehicles
- If you have little girls, I could see this being a hair tangling hazard
- they eat batteries like crazy

ETA: We just roll our track up in big long pieces so we haven't had the scatter problem.

BiggyMeows

baileys326 wrote:Would this track work for matchbox cars? You know the ones that you pull backwards to wind them up and then let them go to watch them zoom away.

I don't think it would work well because it's not a smooth surface but a series of little ridges.

SalsaShark42

quality posts: 9 Private Messages SalsaShark42

Can multiple sets of tracks be joined together for a 24' or 36' run?

BiggyMeows

SalsaShark42 wrote:Can multiple sets of tracks be joined together for a 24' or 36' run?

Sure.

bindsocket

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bindsocket

We have a different train version of this set. It does work very well, the tracks stay together well enough for the purpose but are easy enough for our 7 year old to take apart/put back together (not so for the 2 year old though). We also have a car version. The only problem we have had is one of the trains died and the body of one of the cars came off. Honestly, with as much as the kids have put the sets through, I cannot complain. One thing we really enjoy is we found a glow-in-the-dark track pack for this system and the kids really liked that.