Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 3016 Private Messages lichme

More or less annoying than Barney?

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3658 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Great reviews (4.5 out of 5.0) on the Favorite Children's Songs DVD over at walmart.com

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1070 Private Messages whatsamattaU

real quick: 2009 woot with over 100 comments then, and most of tonight's products were being sold then. The only product tonight that wasn't sold then (they had other products that this woot doesn't) was the Early Learning Cards Numbers & Alphabet Series:
http://kids.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=3577722

and one of the product pages (favorite children's songs CD and DVD) which includes video preview trailer and pdf of lyrics
http://babygenius.com/baby-genius-dvd-favorite-childrens-songs
You can wander from there and find the other products.
bye

(oh, and $24.99 tonight)

robio

quality posts: 42 Private Messages robio

Niece turned 1 today and already gave a gift. Would Xmas be too late to give this as a gift? Would 20 months be too late to be starting numbers & letters?

/obviously not a parent

eightrays

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eightrays
robio wrote:Niece turned 1 today and already gave a gift. Would Xmas be too late to give this as a gift? Would 20 months be too late to be starting numbers & letters?

/obviously not a parent

Be that awesome aunt/uncle that gave 2 gifts for a birthday! Better to start learning now than later.

TheCK

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TheCK

My wife wants this for our baby to come and it really makes me wonder... If she's not competent enough to teach a child simple nursery rhymes without a 70$ packet of cards do I really want her raising my kids?

--TheCK

cyberfrog96

quality posts: 5 Private Messages cyberfrog96

Just a Mommy chiming in here...
skip the set and buy a couple of board books. Their brains get a lot more out of real music or your voice. So just play what you like or sing nursery rhymes, you don't need the CDs. They don't pay attention to the DVDs and you certainly don't want to watch them, so they just collect dust. Babies LOVE board books. Get a couple of those and you'll be set.

d1drama

quality posts: 2 Private Messages d1drama

robio wrote:Niece turned 1 today and already gave a gift. Would Xmas be too late to give this as a gift? Would 20 months be too late to be starting numbers & letters?

/obviously not a parent

Hi! These Baby Einstein and Baby Genius products are a "must have" in my opinion for parents who are interested in fun early learning intervention for their children. My girls are now 18 months and 2.5 years old. They have loved these movies (we have SEVERAL) since they were just a few months old. They both STILL love to watch them. Just this morning my 18 month old walked over to the movie shelf and pointed to it while saying "cow cow cow" because she sees this on the Baby MacDonald movie. It's definitely not too late if you wait until Christmas Hope this was helpful.

Desiree Thornton

d1drama

quality posts: 2 Private Messages d1drama
TheCK wrote:My wife wants this for our baby to come and it really makes me wonder... If she's not competent enough to teach a child simple nursery rhymes without a 70$ packet of cards do I really want her raising my kids?

Haven't you learned yet that a happy wife is a happy life? Buy it for her and shush!

Desiree Thornton

forpj

quality posts: 1 Private Messages forpj

We have the DVD set. During TV time, if I'm fast enough to pop one of these on before she asks for freakin' Caillou, she is captivated as soon as it's playing. She's 2, knows ABCs & numbers, and still enjoys it...what kid doesnt like feeling like a smarty pants? Our set also has a lot of other sing a longs and there isn't one she doesn't like.

nmumark

quality posts: 9 Private Messages nmumark

I'm holding out for Baby slightly above average set. I like to give my child reachable goals.