WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Thomas the Tank Engine Toys

These may be kids toys, but that doesn't mean you can't have fun with them too. After all, it didn't stop Ringo Starr, George Carlin, Alec Baldwin, et al. Want to be the next Pierce Brosnan? Well, you better start narrating Thomas' adventures! So get your kids some toys, and let the narrating begin.

aliusa

quality posts: 8 Private Messages aliusa

I just bought 80 piece Thomas/Brio train set for $40 bucks with a draw bridge. I guess it was a good deal.

haydesigner

quality posts: 15 Private Messages haydesigner

These list prices are crazy. The Woot prices are cheaper than what I see in retail all the time, but not by that much… perhaps $2 or $3. Not a good sale, IMO.

mas2buffet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mas2buffet

Are these the engines that will work with the wooden tracks?

penken9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages penken9

This a great sale. Thomas the Train toys rarely go on sale in stores. The list prices are comparable to the retail prices. Target.com has the same toys at a dollar or two below woot's list prices.

anthonyhiga

quality posts: 1 Private Messages anthonyhiga
mas2buffet wrote:Are these the engines that will work with the wooden tracks?

yes

battra92

quality posts: 4 Private Messages battra92

I used to watch Thomas back when I was a kid (ya know, back when Ringo was narrating the show) and I had a collection of the original books.

I had to Google why Henry was called a thoroughbred and I'm surprised at the backstory that actually was written for these characters (e.g. apparently Henry was built using plans for a prototype but it had several errors in it.)

If I unlock free shipping, I may have to get some for my nephew.

giic4ever

quality posts: 0 Private Messages giic4ever

My son loves these! Bought some last time around and bought a few more this time. Decent price for the wooden trains. They are harder to find as the cheaper, plastic versions find their way to the local store shelves.

kinnick40

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kinnick40

Love these trains... and so do the kids. I got some the last time around to help out the Easter Bunny and Santa's Elves, and now we also have extra gifts in hand for birthdays.

spri

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spri
aliusa wrote:I just bought 80 piece Thomas/Brio train set for $40 bucks with a draw bridge. I guess it was a good deal.

Hi Hi, where did you grab such a good deal?? :P

Rantipole

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rantipole
haydesigner wrote:These list prices are crazy. The Woot prices are cheaper than what I see in retail all the time, but not by that much… perhaps $2 or $3. Not a good sale, IMO.

I'd like to know where you see these regularly for only $2 or $3 more than Woot's prices. They do go on sale now and then, but not at these prices. I usually see these going for the retail prices Woot is quoting.

I wonder if you're pricing a different type of train?? Maybe a smaller plastic one? If not, like I said, please clue us in on where to find these for only a couple bucks more on a regular basis.

I stocked up last time, so I think I'll pass on this woot deal.

katyk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages katyk

These prices are really bad. If there wasn't shipping to consider, they'd be decent, but they certainly aren't great. You can find the wooden trains cheaper at Marshalls or TJ Maxx

mkentosh

quality posts: 310 Private Messages mkentosh

The deal here is to buy more than one.

ssand23

quality posts: 16 Private Messages ssand23

My son is obsessed with all thing Thomas. The only place I see with prices close to these are Amazon. I pretty much buy most of his trains there. We also are close to an AC Moore store. They sell Thomas & have 40% off 1 item coupons almost every week and sometimes 50% off 1 item.
These are a good deal if you spring for a couple. Some of these are close to Amazon prices but some are really quite a bit less. I did last time these were offered and got a few for the Easter basket. He will be beyond happy.

P.S. These are for the wooden tracks and the trains and wooden tracks have stood up to some extreme situations in our home. These are excellent quality. The only train that kind of didn't survive was the time I accidentally flushed Thomas down the toilet. Had to call a plumber. I was not happy. They did rescue that train and it actually didn't look bad at all but I knew where it had been so I opted to pitch it and just buy another.