3%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

dostone

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dostone

Nooooo! These are the worst of the LEGO-wannabes brands. Avoid regardless of the price.

lichme

quality posts: 3191 Private Messages lichme

Here are some comments from a Previous Sale

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

Warning: Too much awesome to be contained in such a small space

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3920 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Decent reviews (3.0 out of 5.0) on the cammo green kit over at Amazon

segreto

quality posts: 0 Private Messages segreto

If you want to frustrate your children with some crappy toys that break easily and do not work together like the real Lego, then buy these. These would be great to give to a kid who bullies your child or maybe to a possessed child: The crappy blocks might distract them enough to stop bullying or trying to steal souls.

luke975

quality posts: 14 Private Messages luke975

I love it when woot sells these. the comments are priceless.
thanks woot!

to the woot staff member that screwed up the back2skool code so I could get a lot of nice things for free - thank you.

dagast2

quality posts: 6 Private Messages dagast2

Have two of these from a previous woot that are sitting in storage waiting for my kids to grow up. After reading these comments, may dump them at the next yard sale so I can store something useful, like mateless socks.

Wiredog

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Wiredog

DO NOT BUY. There are so many betters ways to waste your money.
WOOT-You need to read the comments from every time you offer these. Keep selling junk like this and you risk your reputation. Just grab one from the warehouse and try it! You will be adamantly against this brand, too!

kanedax

quality posts: 9 Private Messages kanedax

Poorly-designed blocks that will frustrate you and your children to no end. I purchased this set in the past.

Some of the blocks lock so tight that they are impossible to pull apart.

Others will slice your fingers just by touching them.

Others still will not lock together no matter how hard you press.

I assumed all interlocking blocks were the same. Oh boy was I wrong.

Woot x13
ShirtWoot x26
KidsWoot x5

dnebel514

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dnebel514

Lesson learned. Will never buy a Best Lock wannabe Lego again.

yawlppsu

quality posts: 4 Private Messages yawlppsu

We bought 3 last time. My son loves all things military and all things lego so I thought he would like them. He quckly became frustrated trying to out them together. They are not very good. They do snap together with some frustration and can be useful as targets, but are not great as block sets. The people/minifigures are not pieces, but are just fused together plastic. I would not buy these again, regardless of the price.

lancerc07

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lancerc07

Bought these for a cousin's three year old. Pieces aren't well organized so expect a scavenger hunt when you assemble the different vehicles.

The helicopter was a nightmare to assemble; nearly two hours because how easily pieces came off and how difficult it was to track down the correct pieces. After it was built, barely touching it caused would cause it to fall apart. With less than ten minutes of basic 'vroom vrooming' from the kid; it was soon a pile of pieces once more. He cried.

Don't buy these as a gift. Buy them as an alternative to corporal punishment.

c4nnon8411

quality posts: 0 Private Messages c4nnon8411

All of the above comments are helpful!

jmbunkin

quality posts: 28 Private Messages jmbunkin

Best-Lock products have been on Woot many times and I don't think I've ever seen a positive comment on any of their sets. I guess they are at least consistent!

enktwiss

quality posts: 1 Private Messages enktwiss

Thank you WOOT! for listing these. Gives me something to read with my popcorn.

cumberledgeterry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cumberledgeterry

I agree! We have this set and it does not stay together well at all. Some pieces won't even connect all the way!

yodaboda364

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yodaboda364

450 PIECE...........ughhhhhhh
even if I wanted this for my grandson, his mom would kill me for bringing 450 pieces of toy into the house!!!!! LOL

medved02

quality posts: 4 Private Messages medved02

Santa brought some of these last Christmas, I attempted to assemble a few vehicles with my 3 and 5 year old.
As most mention, the pieces don't fit togeter well. After building the chopper and the bike, the remaining sets are still packaged in the box.
I would avoid again in the future.

demon00689

quality posts: 10 Private Messages demon00689

Peter: You got Legos? Aw, sweet! Lois only buys me Mega Bloks.

Lois: They're the same thing, Peter.

Peter: You know what, Lois? They are not the same thing. And the sooner you get that through your thick skull, the sooner we can get this marriage back on track.

frostykev

quality posts: 2 Private Messages frostykev

Be prepared for VERY frustrated kids. If an adult can't make the pieces fit, you think the child will be happy with a partially assembled tank? Woot, please stop selling these. I was a sucker once, no need to keep reminding me.

piranhaz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages piranhaz

My son wanted these and paid with his own money. I told them they wouldn't be like Lego's, but he didn't care. He has loved them but they don't stick together very well and don't play well with others!! I would recommend that if you get these, glue them together!!!

mkentosh

quality posts: 310 Private Messages mkentosh

I'm going to let my 10 year old write this comment, His name is MJ....

Hello woot!

These fake lego pieces are a waste of money. I know they look like real legos but they are not good at all. The mini figures are wierd looking too.

sheilby

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sheilby

Buy these for the children you hate. If you like to see children cry they are the perfect gift.

You will find the pieces either don't stay together, or they are impossible to push together. The ones that do snap together with some effort, will never come apart again.

morningpanda

quality posts: 1 Private Messages morningpanda

Maybe I'm just lucky, but I bought some of these to tinker around with for an art class of mine... I built everything first, and every piece went together just fine. There was a little excess flashing on some of the pieces, but nothing that couldn't be taken off in one pick... :D I thought it was well worth the small amount of money.

GregMourad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GregMourad

If you want high-quality lego-like military sets, check out COBI.

Their stuff works, and they have dozens of great military tanks, jeeps, planes, helicopters, and boats.

They're not dirt-cheap like this Best-Lock crap, but since Lego refuses to make military sets, KOBE fills a great niche.

chaotickinesis

quality posts: 4 Private Messages chaotickinesis

Amazing! This is about as unanimous as the opinions on a product can get.

xlamierina

quality posts: 1 Private Messages xlamierina

"risk your reputation"
....you mean woot's existing reputation is NOT for selling junk?? :-)

Wiredog wrote:DO NOT BUY. There are so many betters ways to waste your money.
WOOT-You need to read the comments from every time you offer these. Keep selling junk like this and you risk your reputation. Just grab one from the warehouse and try it! You will be adamantly against this brand, too!

stevemcdoo

quality posts: 3 Private Messages stevemcdoo

Its 9 bucks people!? As with Legos, you will scavenge for different pcs to follow directions and you will have to help most 6 yO with them but isn't that the fun? Got a set last time and with most kids, once they are put together then destroyed they sit in baggies in a closet. Not a bad deal IMO

cjw4614

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cjw4614

These are horrible. I bought before reading the reviews. Instantly tried to cancel, but they came anyways. I thought how bad could they really be? They were only $10. Save your money and frustration. I would not think making a imitation Lego would be so difficult, but apparently it is! They do not snap together well. You have to use force, which cause other parts you just spent 5 minutes trying to get together to fall apart. I bought one of each color, but time my husband got the whole set together (3 hours, geez), we didn't even bother with the second set. Legos is the way to go

efooter

quality posts: 18 Private Messages efooter
stevemcdoo wrote:Its 9 bucks people!? As with Legos, you will scavenge for different pcs to follow directions and you will have to help most 6 yO with them but isn't that the fun? Got a set last time and with most kids, once they are put together then destroyed they sit in baggies in a closet. Not a bad deal IMO

Genuine used LEGO bricks sell in bulk on E-bay anywhere from $5-10/lb, which is typically 300-400 pieces. No, you won't get instructions to build a tank. Instead, you will get pieces that fit together and come apart, which is all your 6 year old really cares about.

TiltWing

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TiltWing

It has been a while since I even logged in to wOOt! except for shirts, but these SUX SO BAD that I felt compelled to do so. Once I got logged in, I read others' comments just to make sure that it wasn't just me. As you can see, I am in good company here.

I am a HUGE fan of LEGO and LEGO-style bricks, and own... oh... eleven different brands that I know of, and have built with at least 2 brands I don't own. That said, so called "Best Lock" are the absolute worst brand. Period. These have absolutely no redeeming qualities.

I own the exact set listed above, bought at a bricks-n-mortar store on clearance for $6.00 or so, along with a different, similar set. I built the other one while a friend built this set.

At first we joked that we needed a mallet to cram some of the pieces together and glue for others. A bit later, I stated NON-jokingly that I sincerely wanted a hammer instead of the mallet, and was no longer interested in putting the f***ing things together. I just wanted to hit them with a hammer. Repeatedly. Until pulp.

All of the ealier comments about the inconsistency of fit-n-finish are spot on; either you have to press them together hard enough to cause pain to ADULT fingers or else they may sit upon another piece but will in now way actually grip those around them. Some pieces had to actually be place on at one end then practically stretched into place, but there was no point in doing so because these would then actually POP OFF the moment I was no longer actively holding it in place. I ask myself "What's the f***ing point of a BUILDING toy that actively UNBUILDS itself?"

DO... NOT... BUY!!!

You have been warned. If you already bought, you are pitied.

Thank you, and good night.

stl2020

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stl2020

The negative reviews here set my expectations nice and low. My 11yo son and I assembled the tank and agree that these are low quality bricks. The tank holds together, but fit and finish is an eyesore. Look, it's only $10. The 4 mini-figures in military garb with military weapons are worth that much.