WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Spiderman Scooters & Safety Stuff

It's hard explaining to your kid that they can be anything they want to be but then tell them that they have to wear a helmet and knee and elbow pads because they aren't a superhero and never will be. But that's the life a parents, isn't it? Love, affection and hypocrisy.

i43508

quality posts: 1 Private Messages i43508

I bought the bike and it sucks a$&. The tires smell like some terrible rubber substitute and after a dozen skid marks, they are almost bald. The frame is a hollow, yet heavy, sounding piece of crap. The brakes are impossible to adjust. A $50 bike is a $50 dollar bike I guess.

btw- my son could care less about any of that.

kinnick40

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kinnick40

Does anybody know the specs on the head circumference range for the light up helmet?

tchemgrrl

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tchemgrrl
i43508 wrote:I bought the bike and it sucks a$&.

I didn't have a lot of confidence based on the combo of "ages 3+" and "weight limit 35 pounds," which my son blew by around 25 months. Granted, my kid is super big and tall, but even moderately big and tall kids will have grown out of the bike before they even had a chance to ride it. Would have considered a second look if it seemed well-built enough to withstand a few extra pounds, so it's good to know I shouldn't.