WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Aden & Anais Sleeping Aids

Ever wish you had a caterpillar for a baby instead of a human? Well, that's kind of strange, but if that's the case, we've got some swaddles so you can pretend you're holding a cocoon. Just don't expect a butterfly to come out. It'll still be a baby.

oppsie

quality posts: 8 Private Messages oppsie

What's the difference between the Pinzon and non-Pinzon stuff? Also, country of origin for the blankets?

kinnick40

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kinnick40

We used Aden and Anais sleep sacks in the summer for our 8 month olds, and they were great. They had gotten used to sleeping in the fleece sleep sacks (too hot for summer), and these were perfect for warmer summer temps. That said, I ordered them for $20 at Target and had them shipped to store (free).

jenrford

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jenrford

The Aden and Anais brand is great. We swaddle our 4 month old son, and the A&A blankets are our favorite. These are not the ones they sell at Target--the "A&A made for Target" version is thinner than real A&A products (we have both-the difference is obvious).

They're worth the investment, in my opinion.

traquy

quality posts: 51 Private Messages traquy

I would have loved these back when we were making our little baby burritos. I would wrap up my daughter and boom, out like a light. We had one light weight swaddle blanket like this and it was great, unfortunately I got it just as she was beginning to really move and we could no longer keep her contained. Very good for summer as a swaddle and also as a stroller/carrier cover to keep the sunlight off but allow a little ventilation.

kinnick40

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kinnick40
jenrford wrote:The Aden and Anais brand is great. We swaddle our 4 month old son, and the A&A blankets are our favorite. These are not the ones they sell at Target--the "A&A made for Target" version is thinner than real A&A products (we have both-the difference is obvious).
They're worth the investment, in my opinion.

Good to know! I really liked the Target version (lighweight, wash well), so the other ones can only be better.

cdaligou

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cdaligou

I'm in love with Aden & Anais swaddle blankets and buy them for everyone I know that's having a baby. I fully agree that the "made for target" ones are not as good. I have no idea what these Pinzon ones are, though? I'm skeptical. With A & A, I think you have to pay for the full quality.

cdaligou

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cdaligou
cdaligou wrote:I'm in love with Aden & Anais swaddle blankets and buy them for everyone I know that's having a baby. I fully agree that the "made for target" ones are not as good. I have no idea what these Pinzon ones are, though? I'm skeptical. With A & A, I think you have to pay for the full quality.

And to answer my own question, found this in a review on Amazon:

I collect Aden+Anais blankets, and can compare them to the A+A boutique line and Buy Buy Baby/Target lines:

*Nothing compares to the Aden+Anais boutique line (sold on A+A's site and Amazon) - they're 47"x47" with a soft, thick weave. They're a bit more expensive at $50 for four, but it's the best bang for your buck. They are unrivaled in softness and durability.

*The Pinzon Baby for A+A blankets are the large 47"x47" size, but are a thinner, more gauzy version of the originals. The material has a rougher texture than the boutique version. The tags differ as well, reading "Pinzon Baby by aden+anais" with Pinzon's website and branding information. $40 for four.

*The versions sold at Target/Buy Buy Baby are smaller, at 44"x44," and also made of the thinner cotton material. They retail around $35 for four.

lucrezia31

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lucrezia31
oppsie wrote:What's the difference between the Pinzon and non-Pinzon stuff? Also, country of origin for the blankets?

So here's what I know about Pinzon. It's essentially an Amazon in-house brand, but they have done away with most of the items they used to offer under that name. I haven't figured out what the housebrand is now, but I would guess these are the same quality as the Target version ones.

W: 12 |T.W: 0 |H.W: 6 |S.W: 1 |K.W: 8 |Sh.W: 15 |W.W: 4 |So.W: 0 - It's the wootiest!