ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Morning all. Happy hump day. Hopefully it's a bit slower here than yesterday. Whew.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:Morning all. Happy hump day. Hopefully it's a bit slower here than yesterday. Whew.

It is cooler up here.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
ThunderThighs wrote:Morning all. Happy hump day. Hopefully it's a bit slower here than yesterday. Whew.

I don't know why it is called hump day. I never seem to get any humping done.

Still single, can't imagine why.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
Lynnzoi wrote:oh, and hi all

long day full of yucky stuff, including but not limited to diarrhea, stinky (meaning infected) urine, and ringworm.

enough about you - what about working with animals?

Lynnzoi wrote:ah, the joys of working with animals

oh, that's good.

ThunderThighs

Staff

FenStar wrote:I don't know why it is called hump day. I never seem to get any humping done.

Poor Fen.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

FenStar wrote:I don't know why it is called hump day. I never seem to get any humping done.

Animals hump.

Humans screw.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

Just want to point out that Dname killed this thread. Finally, it wasn't me.

FORUM MODERATOR

no1

ThunderThighs wrote:Just want to point out that Dname killed this thread. Finally, it wasn't me.

could be worse. we could have started out discussing why chatter in ebw has declined so much, progressing to why woot in general has declined so much, finishing with vicious slashes at each other. see, for example, this thread

ThunderThighs

Staff

no1 wrote:could be worse. we could have started out discussing why chatter in ebw has declined so much, progressing to why woot in general has declined so much, finishing with vicious slashes at each other. see, for example, this thread

Didn't even have to click the link. Next, you'll want voting on individual posts.

FORUM MODERATOR

Lynnzoi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi
FenStar wrote:6-8 10-12 of august. I'll be in some small town nearby, shenecticy I think? I'll also have fluffies!

Schenectady?

fer what?

Lynnzoi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi
no1 wrote:oh, that's good.

cat pee today

always fun holding a cat and suddenly getting that warm feeling on yer hand

"she's peeing. somebody get me a towel."

gives the dogs somethin to do when I get home - read the 'news' that I carry home on my clothes

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
KtCallista wrote:Sure! Vegan & Gluten free would be what I'm looking for in this case.

Sorry this took so long - had a busy couple of days

This is the site. Hope you find something!
http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/recipage/?recipe_id=6042332

kdccrosby

jawsuser wrote:I have relatives over that way. So are you getting all the rain like the Florida panhandle? Are you close enough to get the breeze off the gulf? We are about an hour inland, so no cooling breeze usually.

Update on the road saga. The road dept just put six truck loads of dirt/clay on the road south of the house Friday. We have had about 2-3 inches of rain since so it is washing out some. It is fixed enough that we are getting mail and garbage service again, YEAH! They can't fix the spillways till the water goes down. It will be a while at this rate!

We had a bit of rain but nothing serious.

I have construction road rage. Currently an overpass is being built over the railroad tracks on my route to work. a year of headaches, to hopefully finish in October.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:Didn't even have to click the link. Next, you'll want voting on individual posts.

Can we???

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

kdccrosby

jawsuser wrote:Hi kd. Earlier you mentioned you were going to plan your meals for the week. How do you do it? I know it would help me eat better and save money, I'm just unsure how to start. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

It varies. Basically I try and plan and cook some on Sundays to prepare for the week. I will find one recipe I really want - often a crockpot recipe, and make it. I then try to find other recipes or things to eat that will use the same ingredients, so I don't waste anything.

I basically sit down and make a list of things I can cook and might cook so that I can refer to it. For breakfast I make sure I have something quick.

It has all been about weight loss / healthy eating. I am less likely to get off track if I just spend some time before I go to the store planning. I also know I won't eat leftovers forever, so I have a food saver and I sometimes freeze half of a recipe for later. I also will cook chicken breasts in the crockpot on low, shred it and freeze it in bags. A lot of my recipes can use the cooked shredded chicken.

jawsuser

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser
no1 wrote:enough about you - what about working with animals?

\\Smack. Just for good measure.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

hummmm.....gotta read back and see what no1 did to get smacked by a guy...

Retrived son and friend from the car rental return.

So much fun....road work...weird signs...but we (Rusty and I) found them!

As usual, couldn't find the way onto the highway to go home. Went a rather round about way...but I'm back!

I think they pay people to make the airports difficult. If a native NYer can't figure them out....who exactly can? Maybe all airports are like that and travelers can understand them.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Oh ,that. Yeah that deserved a smack.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

jawsuser

dontwantaname wrote:hummmm.....gotta read back and see what no1 did to get smacked by a guy.

Maybe all airports are like that and travelers can understand them.

1. I am NOT a guy!

2. Airports seem to enjoy making getting in and out of them as confusing as possible. The one in Dothan has such bad signage that one is lucky to find it. I have decided they don't want the locals to escape!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

jawsuser wrote:1. I am NOT a guy!

2. Airports seem to enjoy making getting in and out of them as confusing as possible. The one in Dothan has such bad signage that one is lucky to find it. I have decided they don't want the locals to escape!

Sorry

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

jawsuser

kdccrosby wrote:It varies. Basically I try and plan and cook some on Sundays to prepare for the week.

I basically sit down and make a list of things I can cook and might cook so that I can refer to it. For breakfast I make sure I have something quick.

It has all been about weight loss / healthy eating. I am less likely to get off track if I just spend some time before I go to the store planning.

Thanks for the ideas. I just need to sit down and start planning.

I feel your road rage. They have decided to use the same culverts on the upper spillway. Their idea is for us to open the lower spillway gates whenever we get a lot of rain to keep the road from flooding. So they filled in the hole in the lower spillway until they can come and upgrade the culvert. Of course with the concrete cracked and the culvert dropped a foot it will still wash out. Oh well. At least we can safely get out to the south.

jawsuser

dontwantaname wrote:Sorry

Its okay.

I may look somewhat like a guy with my current haircut. Dad said if I lower the temperature in the house any he would leave. I decided to cut my hair; it was going to be an inch all over - at least that was the plan. Can you say buzz cut. It actually doesn't look bad and I am sleeping better as I am staying cooler. And I feel cooler during the day.

Dad started a new cough pill he takes once a day and it seems to be working really good. He doesn't know its morphine as he won't take morphine or codeine or anything else that might be addictive. I figure he has cancer and is dying, the little bit he is getting won't be addictive because it is working. He has hardly coughed at all in the last two days.

Yesterday we did wind up driving two hours over and two back to the VA center with the pharmacy to get his drops. Of course they arrived today in the mail. Now his eye is all swollen and red around the lid. I gave him an antibiotic eye drop tonight, if he is still swollen tomorrow I will try and get him in to see my doctor after we get his ingrown toenail seen.

End of dad report.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

Thanks for the link kdc I'll look into that.

I went back to the office today to return the stuff the school borrowed and has been sitting in my house since June. I dressed up to keep my confidence (trick my friend taught me in high school) and I listened to the audio version of a fiction book that makes me feel better about myself last night (preety much all night since Ver2 woke up at 3 and snuggled on the couch with me until 5 or 6. I went to bed at 7am).

I just can't be mean, I'm still going to volunteer. I did let my former boss know I felt weird that he was asking me to do the stuff they didn't feel I was really qualified for at the promotions interview, namely training people. He got a horrid look on his face like he couldn't believe that and still says the whole interview was the weirdest thing for him and he has no idea what happened. The guy that got it is an old friend, so it's really hard to be pissed at him, even if he has my sweet customized laptop I bought for the job.

Anyway, there is an Americorp position to get back in with the group, it's actually out of New Hampshire at FIRST headquarters, but I'd get my old office back. I'm going to apply, maybe I'll finally go get a Masters, in something, I don't know. I'm leaning towards physics or engineering, with maybe a teaching certificate for K-12 STEM, I'm not sure. More of an idea than I've had in the last decade.

Either that or I could keep trying to get a national park/science center/museum job. That sounds neat too. Oh and I'm looking at a couple tech writing or game developer positions, you know, just because.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Good morning all.

In the end only kindness matters

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Iceback wrote:Good morning all.

morning

kdccrosby

Hola pwa.

Ktc - I actually have several gluten free recipe sites, but none that are also non-dairy. I'll share if you want

Day 2 of my advocare 24 day challenge. Day 2 no diet dp and seem to be doing fine. Yay!

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Morning!

First time in a month that I haven't wanted the AC on for the drive in. Yay for cooling down!

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

kdccrosby

Mavyn wrote:Morning!

First time in a month that I haven't wanted the AC on for the drive in. Yay for cooling down!

//fanning self//

Not cooling down so much 'round here!

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
kdccrosby wrote://fanning self//

Not cooling down so much 'round here!

I'd share if I could. 60F after a week in the 90's with high humidity is a happiness. Had the windows open last night!

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Cold today

no poo yet

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

Why does my husband insist on turning off the AC at night when he knows I don't sleep well if he does that? I mean does he like me grumping around getting multi-day migraines?

KtCallista

Wow, I can't remember the last time I even saw the crap, not that I got one.

cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer

Alright you PWA folks.

First. Sorry about not coming to post about gman. It hit a little too close to home.

I need some opinions.
If I were to leave my current gov'ment job for a job that pays 35% more (less benefits) than my current job, would you say I was crazy or would I be making a smart decision?

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
Mavyn wrote:I'd share if I could. 60F after a week in the 90's with high humidity is a happiness. Had the windows open last night!

Hmmmph.....we may get down to the 90's this weekend //grumble

In the end only kindness matters

no1

cruzer wrote:Alright you PWA folks.

I need some opinions.
If I were to leave my current gov'ment job for a job that pays 35% more (less benefits) than my current job, would you say I was crazy or would I be making a smart decision?

35% more is significant. how much less benefits? would you be losing out on a gov't pension? are you trading 35% more for somewhat less job security? gov't jobs are traditionally safer but have less growth potential than some private sector jobs - is this a case with some growth likely? plus, how did the sequester affect you?

assuming it's not some fly-by-nite company, i'd say 35% is a reasonable incentive to change jobs. but be sure to factor in any pension value!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

First. Sorry about not coming to post about gman. It hit a little too close to home.

I need some opinions.

No clue.

Sorry.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

jawsuser

I need some opinions.

What are the advantages of the other job, besides the 35% pay increase?

One advantage of being government is if you have five (I think that is the right number) or more years in you have reinstatement privileges which means any government agency with a job you qualify for has the option of hiring you without going through the competitive search process.

At least that was how it was when I quit my job to return to school. I look occasionally for jobs and see information on rehiring ex-employees with rehire benefits.

So if the new job didn't work out you have a potential fast track back into government service.

I have never regretted quitting to return to school. If you are feeling seriously pulled I would look into it; you know the pros versus cons. And if you are religious definitely pray about it. Ask close friends whose advice you trust. Consider all your input then make your decision. One good question to ask yourself is, in ten years how would you feel if you took the job...if you stayed where you are at?

Good luck and keep us informed.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

I need some opinions.

Do what No1 tells you to do.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Do what No1 tells you to do.

Never thought I would read that sentence.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
pooflady wrote:Do what No1 tells you to do.

Are you telling me to make my own decisions or to actually do what he said? :-)

The truth is that I start the morning excited about new opportunities, gradually work my way down to "what the hell am I thinking?!?!" just after lunch time, then some how make my way back to excitement by the time I make it home.