no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
Iceback wrote:Thank you it seemed to go well. The Dr. indicated something today that cheered us up. I promised Carolyn I wouldn't reveal what it is until we are sure.

doc: "i just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance!"

KtCallista

quality posts: 32 Private Messages KtCallista
kdccrosby wrote:Co worker is has seliac (sp?). He has to eat gluten free. We are always looking for dessert recipes to bring for our work stuff. I found a site yesterday that is vegan, and has gluten free. Let me know if you want it

Sure! Vegan & Gluten free would be what I'm looking for in this case.

Thanks so much Secret Santa!!

jawsuser

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser
kdccrosby wrote:I'm TX gulf coast, I feel ya!

I have relatives over that way. So are you getting all the rain like the Florida panhandle? Are you close enough to get the breeze off the gulf? We are about an hour inland, so no cooling breeze usually.

Update on the road saga. The road dept just put six truck loads of dirt/clay on the road south of the house Friday. We have had about 2-3 inches of rain since so it is washing out some. It is fixed enough that we are getting mail and garbage service again, YEAH! They can't fix the spillways till the water goes down. It will be a while at this rate!

jawsuser

KtCallista wrote:

I've been writing some stuff for a game I'm playing, and I was wondering if anyone else is interested in reading it and telling me what they think. It's set in Medieval times and deals with items from the game, but I think it would make sense outside of the game.

I would love to read it.

jawsuser

kdccrosby wrote:Co worker is has seliac (sp?). He has to eat gluten free. We are always looking for dessert recipes to bring for our work stuff. I found a site yesterday that is vegan, and has gluten free. Let me know if you want it

Hi kd. Earlier you mentioned you were going to plan your meals for the week. How do you do it? I know it would help me eat better and save money, I'm just unsure how to start. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

KtCallista

jawsuser wrote:I would love to read it.

I put one of them on my blog today. The link is in my signature.

jawsuser

KtCallista wrote:I put one of them on my blog today. The link is in my signature.

I really liked it! It made me want to know more.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
KtCallista wrote:I've done the applesauce before, but it's been a while, I've also used cornstarch and water. Never tried peanut butter as an egg substitute. I use vinegar and baking soda for cakes.

That takes care of the egg, but the gluten? I guess I could get a gluten mix. I have a friend who has a son that can't have any of that either, my initial plan was to ask her for a recipe, but you Mayvn, are our local expert :D

Ok, I'm going to apply for jobs doing different stuff today. I probably won't get any of them, but I'll have applied, right?

Applesauce is the substitute for the egg. The peanut butter forms the main portion of the dough, replacing the flour. They're really quite tasty.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody! I am in the mountains with a huge list of stuff to do. My riding lawn mower did't get repaired so I will have to use the push mower. Mark three yards off the list! I'll do our house but that is it! The empty rentals will just have to be a jungle. This morning I have to get the truck inspected, take Elizabeth for well baby check, get tag for the truck, them meet the outdoor advertising guy at one. Have a great day!

jawsuser

joyner wrote:Good morning everybody! I am in the mountains with a huge list of stuff to do. My riding lawn mower did't get repaired so I will have to use the push mower. Mark three yards off the list! I'll do our house but that is it! The empty rentals will just have to be a jungle. This morning I have to get the truck inspected, take Elizabeth for well baby check, get tag for the truck, them meet the outdoor advertising guy at one. Have a great day!

Sounds like a busy day. The most important thing for me is to get dad's eye drops. The doctor didn't get the refill in and I didn't realize it when his meds came in. High glaucoma pressures REALLY hurt. So I'm feeling guilty for letting dad run out. And of course its not available locally. Might be making a two hour drive one way to where it is available. Thankfully our driver is available if I need her.

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar

I may be up in new york 1-3 weeks from now. Do you want to meet up D'name or anyone else?

Still single, can't imagine why.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

FenStar wrote:I may be up in new york 1-3 weeks from now. Do you want to meet up D'name or anyone else?

Do I want to? Yes.

Will I go into the city to do it?

Don't know.

Where are you going? How long?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

FenStar

dontwantaname wrote:Do I want to? Yes.

Will I go into the city to do it?

Don't know.

Where are you going? How long?

If I go all the way to new york, but you won't even go to the city from where you are...

I doubt there is any chance gimma will meet up, did anyone else live in new york city or state? I think zilla and blue are in Connecticut and Washington? We are driving to buffalo, I think.

FenStar

FenStar wrote:If I go all the way to new york, but you won't even go to the city from where you are...

I doubt there is any chance gimma will meet up, did anyone else live in new york city or state? I think zilla and blue are in Connecticut and Washington? We are driving to buffalo, I think.

Albany is what I meant to say.

KtCallista

Mavyn wrote:Applesauce is the substitute for the egg. The peanut butter forms the main portion of the dough, replacing the flour. They're really quite tasty.

Thanks for clarifying.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

FenStar wrote:If I go all the way to new york, but you won't even go to the city from where you are...

OK, I;ll meet you!

Zilla is in washington. In the actual city.
He walked to the hotel when we met.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1

i don't mean to be nosy, but where is lady poof? haven't seen her posting for a coupla days.

KtCallista

no1 wrote:i don't mean to be nosy, but where is lady poof? haven't seen her posting for a coupla days.

Didn't she say something about a family thing? Did I hallucinate that?

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
KtCallista wrote:Didn't she say something about a family thing? Did I hallucinate that?

Not that I recall, I hope its just my faulty memory.

In the end only kindness matters

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:i don't mean to be nosy, but where is lady poof? haven't seen her posting for a coupla days.

She is taking a wootcation.
She'll be back.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Poop report:
morning walk, on the street, that is a 100 Grand Bar
night walk, on the grass near the sump.

Rain report:
10 minutes of downpour, a few inches.

The poinsettia I got at the supermarket for christmas, if finally dying. Never had one last anywhere near that long.

End of report:

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Mavyn

We missed the rains today...or they missed us. Just sprinkles.

Poinsettia's are perinnials. I didn't know that until I moved to California, and someone had them planted along the road. They got to be about 4-5 feet tall in the summer, then stayed green all fall and turned red in the winter. They were cut back each spring. Really cool to see.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Mavyn wrote:We missed the rains today...or they missed us. Just sprinkles.

Poinsettia's are perinnials. I didn't know that until I moved to California, and someone had them planted along the road. They got to be about 4-5 feet tall in the summer, then stayed green all fall and turned red in the winter. They were cut back each spring. Really cool to see.

Probably won't survive here, but I'll try planting it.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Mavyn

It will possibly live through the summer, but would need to be brought inside for the winter.

There are some pictures of them here: http://www.joyusgarden.com/poinsettias-gone-wild/

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Mavyn wrote:It will possibly live through the summer, but would need to be brought inside for the winter.

There are some pictures of them here: http://www.joyusgarden.com/poinsettias-gone-wild/

Wow, they were huge. Never knew.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 502 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Tuesdays are always busy due to meetings on top of regular work but today was almost ridiculous. I'm zonked.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:Tuesdays are always busy due to meetings on top of regular work but today was almost ridiculous. I'm zonked.

Take a nap. I say it is ok.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

FenStar

8th and 9th. We are going to see phantom of the opera on the 8th (book of mormon is playing locally here soon)

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 502 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:Take a nap. I say it is ok.

I'll just go to bed early. No evening naps any more. Keeps me from falling asleep at night.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

FenStar wrote:8th and 9th. We are going to see phantom of the opera on the 8th (book of mormon is playing locally here soon)

I don't even know if you can see book of mormon here. Cost a fortune.
I would love to see it. Looks good.
Saw phantom twice, because son loved it.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Going to watch theVineyard on abcfamily.
Not real, there aren't any 20 somethings on the island!

Hope it is better than the long island reality show, with a girl from our school district.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Lynnzoi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi
FenStar wrote:Albany is what I meant to say.

if you are gonna be in Albany lmk when.....that's in my backyard

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

dontwantaname wrote:Going to watch theVineyard on abcfamily.
Not real, there aren't any 20 somethings on the island!

Hope it is better than the long island reality show, with a girl from our school district.

Just as stupid.
Oh well.
At least it is stupid in a different way.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:doc: "i just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance!"

//smack

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Lynnzoi

oh, and hi all

long day full of yucky stuff, including but not limited to diarrhea, stinky (meaning infected) urine, and ringworm.

ah, the joys of working with animals

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Lynnzoi wrote:oh, and hi all

long day full of yucky stuff, including but not limited to diarrhea, stinky (meaning infected) urine, and ringworm.

ah, the joys of working with animals

I got a rescue dog that spent her life in a crate to let me scratch her. Plus she let both Rusty and his friend smell her.
Not bad.
Maybe by the end of the summer, she will let us se her tail and stop shivering.

I was surprised that Rusty was good with her.
I was told fear and aggression are viewed as the same thing by dogs and Rusty hates aggressive small dogs. He bit a scared small dog once.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Lynnzoi

dontwantaname wrote:I got a rescue dog that spent her life in a crate to let me scratch her. Plus she let both Rusty and his friend smell her.
Not bad.
Maybe by the end of the summer, she will let us se her tail and stop shivering.

I was surprised that Rusty was good with her.
I was told fear and aggression are viewed as the same thing by dogs and Rusty hates aggressive small dogs. He bit a scared small dog once.

that's kewel. lotta patience and positive reinforcement helps. And not necessarily fearful - just maybe lacking in confidence. As for Rusty's dislike of small dogs, well, hard to say what he is reacting to - the Reddog has gone after a couple of small dogs, even younger pups, but in all cases, those dogs ended up being nasty dogs in the long run, even the pups. So he was reading something in their body language that he didn't like that we humans didn't pick up on right away. But the dogs sure do.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Lynnzoi wrote:that's kewel. lotta patience and positive reinforcement helps. And not necessarily fearful - just maybe lacking in confidence. As for Rusty's dislike of small dogs, well, hard to say what he is reacting to - the Reddog has gone after a couple of small dogs, even younger pups, but in all cases, those dogs ended up being nasty dogs in the long run, even the pups. So he was reading something in their body language that he didn't like that we humans didn't pick up on right away. But the dogs sure do.

If they growl at him, he doesn't like them.
Not bad enough for me to use two hands to control him, but he lunges at them.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

FenStar

Lynnzoi wrote:if you are gonna be in Albany lmk when.....that's in my backyard

6-8 10-12 of august. I'll be in some small town nearby, shenecticy I think? I'll also have fluffies!

Mavyn

Morning! Another day of training, though we should be done early, and then a meeting for a new project. :D A good day.

I had a dog that disliked small children and mentally disabled adults. No clue why, but he avoided both like they were evil incarnate. If he couldn't get out of the area, he plastered himself to me and whined. Weird thing.