Lynnzoi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi
dontwantaname wrote:It is just so weird.

it is. and I still don't want to believe it. I, too, thought about him all last night....the word play we would have, those pun-fests we would get going on.

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar

Still single, can't imagine why.

zea3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zea3

This is such incredibly sad news. I hope he is at peace in a little grumpy corner of heaven.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Just for the record, poop has been made and dried out by the time I looked for it in the yard.
Ick.

Somehow it isn't as much fun reporting that , knowing Gman isn't going to get annoyed by it.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:Just for the record, poop has been made and dried out by the time I looked for it in the yard.
Ick.

Somehow it isn't as much fun reporting that , knowing Gman isn't going to get annoyed by it.

Yeah, and Number 1's not around to annoy with the weather reports.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
pooflady wrote:Yeah, and Number 1's not around to annoy with the weather reports.

no one. grumble grumble.

pooflady

no1 wrote:no one. grumble grumble.

I thought that would get you here. So nice to be right occasionally.

pooflady

pooflady wrote:I thought that would get you here. So nice to be right occasionally.

I shouldn't be snotty because I have a favor to ask. Could you, again, come up with when I ordered that plastic wrap? This time I'll write the date down. It's still going strong.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:no one. grumble grumble.

Are you sure? No one...number 1...I don't know.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby

Evening all. Watching the movie RED on tv. Pretty funny

Lynnzoi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi

nasty-ass storms up here....power on and off. yay. time to set up some candles.

kdccrosby

Lynnzoi wrote:nasty-ass storms up here....power on and off. yay. time to set up some candles.

Yikes! Stay safe Lynn!! Hope you keep your power.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Lynnzoi wrote:nasty-ass storms up here....power on and off. yay. time to set up some candles.

What ever happened to normal weather?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

Wondering how far I'd have to drive to find a hotel if the power went out here.

kdccrosby

pooflady wrote:Wondering how far I'd have to drive to find a hotel if the power went out here.

If I'm going to be without AC for too long then it doesn't matter how far

pooflady

kdccrosby wrote:If I'm going to be without AC for too long then it doesn't matter how far

Absolutely. I don't suffer in silence.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Absolutely. I don't suffer in silence.

Don't even think about no ac.

If solar power had been worked on seriously, by now we would all have small panels and these heat waves would be less of a problem.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

kdccrosby

pooflady wrote:Absolutely. I don't suffer in silence.

My lease is up around March next year. I'm starting to work on the process so I can buy a house. One of my serious wants is a house that has natural gas available, so I can eventually add on a generator to the house powered by gas.

No power after Hurricane Ike - it was hot lol

pooflady

kdccrosby wrote:My lease is up around March next year. I'm starting to work on the process so I can buy a house. One of my serious wants is a house that has natural gas available, so I can eventually add on a generator to the house powered by gas.

I thought you were glad to get out of a house.
No power after Hurricane Ike - it was hot lol

kdccrosby

pooflady wrote:

I was. Very.

But I'm ready to get back into one. With a yard for the dog, and more room since I never know which family member might move in next. Ha ha

To clarify though, that house was built in 1950's and had major problems. I'm going to buy really new, or really well built and maintained and quite a few decades newer than the other house. I haven't ruled out building brand new.

Obviously $$ will play a big factor

pooflady

kdccrosby wrote:I was. Very.

But I'm ready to get back into one. With a yard for the dog, and more room since I never know which family member might move in next. Ha ha

To clarify though, that house was built in 1950's and had major problems. I'm going to buy really new, or really well built and maintained and quite a few decades newer than the other house. I haven't ruled out building brand new.

Obviously $$ will play a big factor

I'm told you learn with every house you live in what you want different.

kdccrosby

pooflady wrote:I'm told you learn with every house you live in what you want different.

Yeah, that sounds about right.

Safe electrical wiring and decent insulation and ac would be part of my learning from the other house lol.

pooflady

kdccrosby wrote:Yeah, that sounds about right.

Safe electrical wiring and decent insulation and ac would be part of my learning from the other house lol.

That sounds pretty necessary. There's other things. We have a covered front porch, not very wide, but it means we can leave the living room and one bedroom windows open when it rains. It makes a big difference. Also figure out what room the bright sun is shining in. Might make a big difference unless you have really good windows.

no1

pooflady wrote:I shouldn't be snotty because I have a favor to ask. Could you, again, come up with when I ordered that plastic wrap? This time I'll write the date down. It's still going strong.

pooflady wrote:I wish I could find the posts I made about the gigantic roll of plastic wrap I ordered without thinking about how big the box was going to be. I still haven't run out of it. I'm going to do that again, it's so much cheaper. And having the box sit on my counter may not be aesthically pleasing, but it sure is handy.

pooflady wrote:How to shoot yourself in the foot:

Remember the plastic wrap with the cutter that I was so excited about being able to find online after Reynolds stopped making it? The one with 2,000 feet instead of 100 feet? It came. In a humongous heavy box that won't fit in any drawer. Doh. Never occurred to me.

pooflady wrote:Happy, happy. A few years ago Reynolds came out with plastic wrap that had an EZ slide cutter. One of the best things since sliced bread, but evidently not enough people thought so because they discontinued it. I stocked up but I'm on my last box. I was distraught but I found it in a bunch of supply places that I think, even with shipping, is cheaper than it was in the store due to the fact there's 2000 feet rather than 100. Happy, happy.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
kdccrosby wrote:Yeah, that sounds about right.

I want closets in every bedroom or near every bedroom, a large entertaining area that doesn't necessarily have to be the main entry area. and no bedrooms with East or South-East windows :P Ok, I might give in on that last bit. I had one more thing that always bugs me, but I can't remember it right now, probably the washer and dryer in the pantry (does not make for a cool & dry space).

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

pooflady

no1 wrote:

Thank you, No one. Jeez, I've had that four years and it shows no sign of ending. And I use a lot of it.

If I can ever do anything for you (bake a cake with a file in it?) let me know.

no1

KtCallista wrote:I want closets in every bedroom or near every bedroom, a large entertaining area that doesn't necessarily have to be the main entry area. and no bedrooms with East or South-East windows :P Ok, I might give in on that last bit. I had one more thing that always bugs me, but I can't remember it right now

indoor plumbing

jawsuser

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser

I am in a little bit of shock, just read the news about AZ. It won't be the same without him!

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody! Tomorrow I'm driving back to the mountains for a few days. Elizabeth has a 9 month well baby check. I will bring Elizabeth and daughter back to the beach for a visit.

kdccrosby

no1 wrote:indoor plumbing

That new indoor plumbing is pretty durn fancy. Not sure I can afford it

kdccrosby

joyner wrote:Good morning everybody! Tomorrow I'm driving back to the mountains for a few days. Elizabeth has a 9 month well baby check. I will bring Elizabeth and daughter back to the beach for a visit.

Morning Joyner!

Elizabeth sure is cute!!!

I get to babysit the 7 month old great nephew this evening. . I'm excited.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

jawsuser wrote:I am in a little bit of shock, just read the news about AZ. It won't be the same without him!

Just spent night two dreaming about it. But when I dream of woot, it isn't like I'm with the people. I dream of computers. Or feelings.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Thank you, No one. Jeez, I've had that four years and it shows no sign of ending. And I use a lot of it.

If I can ever do anything for you (bake a cake with a file in it?) let me know.

The one at costco isn['t big enough for you?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:The one at costco isn['t big enough for you?

Don't belong to Costco. Might check Sam's the next time I'm there.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

On box run for hubby. Too much traffic. Too hot. Then I forgot the bars for the garment boxes. Had to go back.
Only 6 miles. One part of the trip only took 10 minutes. The other way had all sorts of traffic. Tried 2 different routes.

pia

Now I'm eating Rusty's favorite food....raisin bagel. Never turn your back on a raisin bagel if Rusty is in the room!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

We're having a super dinner tonight. Egg salad sandwiches!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:We're having a super dinner tonight. Egg salad sandwiches!

Now I'm eating ice cream, trying to hide from hubby. He should just go to work

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

lplady

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lplady

Hi all.

Just a drive-bye to acknowledge AZ's passing. I had this bookmarked from long ago.

A classic and timeless AZ posting/poem...

RIP AZ

Edit: Sorry, posted the wrong link. Full poem here.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

lplady wrote:Hi all.

Just a drive-bye to acknowledge AZ's passing. I had this bookmarked from long ago. A classic AZ posting/poem...

RIP AZ

Thanks.

You really are the Bubba.
How have you been?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

lplady

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lplady
dontwantaname wrote:Thanks.

You really are the Bubba.
How have you been?

Doing alright, thanks.