3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

smartheart

quality posts: 94 Private Messages smartheart

CORRECTED POST

Love Woot and have bought almost every wooden train product offered here that I've seen....but wish this had a slightly more Woot-worthy price. However, Woot remains overall the place with the best prices on wooden trains in my experience.

[MOD: Plus $27.49 shipping from the 3rd party vendor. Not eligible for Amazon Prime.]

"Three be the things I shall never attain: Envy, content, and sufficient champagne."
--D. Parker

lichme

quality posts: 3182 Private Messages lichme

I think the wooden sets are a lot more durable, and manually moving the trains requires more imagination and interaction. The added storage is a must.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

Warning: Too much awesome to be contained in such a small space

DeadDutch

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DeadDutch

Are the pieces compatible with Thomas wooden stuff?

jjkenobi

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jjkenobi

This looks like exactly the same train set I bought 3 or 4 years ago for $129. I think the brand was Imaginarium. It was worth every penny.

And yes, it is compatible with the wooden Thomas the Train stuff as well as the newer Chuggington items.

Anhaga

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Anhaga
DeadDutch wrote:Are the pieces compatible with Thomas wooden stuff?

Yes, the pieces that come with KidKraft train tables are compatible with Thomas Wooden Railway pieces (and Brio).

We got this one last fall, and while the table itself is pretty solid (having the 3 1/2 year old occasionally climb and lie on it has not caused any problems), the drawers were crap. Their bottoms are fiberboard, and can't hold up the weight of all the train tracks and engines that can fit in them. They're also just barely big enough to stay on the drawer rails, and have a nasty tendency to unseat themselves and fall or jam if the table loosens up.

Note that we did not get this table that's up today, but that said, I'd be cautious of expecting the drawers on a KidKraft table to be too useful.

sobczak927

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sobczak927

so $99 +27.49 or support Woot and save $12.50 overall as they slowly become the alternate site to Amazon and get impulse buys at steeper prices (not this time but I used to never have to double check a Woot price...not until Amazon bought it out)...

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

cwilldesign

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cwilldesign

Hey it's my first woot! ever! I just ordered this for my son's birthday. He is only turning 1 but I figure he will get several years worth of fun out of it so may as well start early! Seems like a great deal. Many train tables sell for $100ish just for the table!

cstoeckl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cstoeckl

Are the train cars magnetic?

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

cstoeckl wrote:Are the train cars magnetic?

our buyer scoured his resources & attempted to contact the vendor, but they'd already gone home for the day. i'm afraid we don't have an answer for you.

we've enlarged the photos and we're leaning towards yes, but it's not 100% certain.

if anybody owns this set, please chime in so we can answer a fellow Wooter's question!

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

tigergilly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tigergilly
cstoeckl wrote:Are the train cars magnetic?

I bought a table that looks VERY similar to this one, all the pieces look like mine. The train cars in my set are magnetic on the ends so they make a real "train."
Overall the kids loved the table, but it didn't make it through a cross country move (the quality of the drawers left something to be desired) however I'm considering buying another because kids just love a train table.

changyi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages changyi

Either buy it from woot at $124 (yeah, that stupid CA tax) w/o return, or buy it from Amazon at $127 w/ return options. Hmmm, hard to decide.

mandygirl76

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mandygirl76

Bought this and FIL put it together yesterday. Save your money and put it towards an Imaginarium, like I wish I'd done. Drawer is cut too small for the opening and WILL NOT stay on the drawer rails, as a previous commenter stated. You slide the drawer on and it falls right to the floor.