Poll: Worst kids shoes?
  • 1.1% - The ones that light up 11
  • 24.3% - The ones that make noise 241
  • 35.2% - The ones that light up and make noise 349
  • 33.5% - The ones with wheels 332
  • 4.6% - The ones with grinders 46
  • 1.3% - Other (comments, please) 13
992 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

crossedcrowns

quality posts: 3 Private Messages crossedcrowns

Seriously? Noise or lights? After 5 kids, you learn the worst shoes, hands down, are the ones with shoelaces, especially those cord types that refuse to stay tied. Parents will do well to learn to block out noises . Lights? Look away. But tie (double, triple knot if you will, like it matters), and you will understand why they invented Velcro.

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

That's why YOU wear the shoes with GRINDERS, and STOMP their feet when their knots fail. They'll learn to tie a PROPER knot after a couple of grinder stomps! :-D

Sadly, Grinders seems to be a brand, like Doc Martens, not a hard, sharp, toothed, metal attachment designed to make hamburger out of stomped feet. http://www.metal-shop.eu/shoes/z/grinders/

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

pebbles270

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pebbles270

Worst shoes ever are sequined boots where the sequins quickly get trashed, make noise, fall off and stink like smelly kid feet.

paradisepython

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paradisepython

I would rather hear and see my daughters annoying ass shoes than see her fall and get hurt by those shoes with wheels on them. Safety for children over comfort of adults always.

thinkerK

quality posts: 5 Private Messages thinkerK

Yeah, and after 6 kids, the very worst are the ones that smell like... unwashed body parts.

Sadly, though my kids are grown, I encounter this odor daily in middle school. Funky.

SumDuud

quality posts: 22 Private Messages SumDuud
paradisepython wrote:I would rather hear and see my daughters annoying ass shoes than see her fall and get hurt by those shoes with wheels on them. Safety for children over comfort of adults always.

Yep, I have to agree and add that when I am at a store and some kid comes carelessly rolling down an aisle without regard for their safety or who they are going to run into, it makes me want to slap them and their parents. Noise shoes are annoying after a while. My wife got some pip squeaks for or 20 month old and it is cute at first and people love it, but it gets a bit annoying to both me and my son, after about an hour he was walking around on his tip toes so the shoes wouldn't squeak... which made my wife and her friends all think that was SOOO cute too. *sigh*

Let's see the quality impulse buys!
Wooter to blame for sellout: SumDuud
Sellout time: 8:11:25 AM Central Time

Contrarian by nature.

janet3425

quality posts: 0 Private Messages janet3425

What happened to regular shoes?

bzuniga

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bzuniga

The ones with kids in them

deadeye37

quality posts: 3 Private Messages deadeye37
crossedcrowns wrote:Seriously? Noise or lights? After 5 kids, you learn the worst shoes, hands down, are the ones with shoelaces, especially those cord types that refuse to stay tied. Parents will do well to learn to block out noises . Lights? Look away. But tie (double, triple knot if you will, like it matters), and you will understand why they invented Velcro.

DING DING DING! We have a winner!

Although my 2 year old has a pair of shoes that she always wants to wear where the velcro likes to come undone at random times. Thats pretty annoying also.

die13lda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages die13lda

I don't have kids and didn't even know shoes that make noise exist. That sounds (tee-hee! punny) terrible.

fuzzypeaches

quality posts: 10 Private Messages fuzzypeaches

Vinyl shoes! Well, at lest they were the worst for my son because he has hot feet, his feet would sweat in them & then when he got home from school...off would come the shoes. The smell could peel paint off the walls! Un-godly smell! Holy crap, they stunk! Luckily he quickly figured out that he didn't like for his feet to be hot.
BTW...he had the Wheelies (wheels in the heels). He was one of those annoying kids that would whiz by you in the stores.

10 quality post! Whoo hoo! I'M SOMEBODY!!!

natalieug

quality posts: 11 Private Messages natalieug

Heelies are the stupidest shoes ever invented!

ladyloerya

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ladyloerya

my daughter insists all shoes have to light up. they aren't annoying or any problem unless we are in a movie theater. then she has to be shoeless for the duration because she will intentionally light them up repeatedly. shoes with noise are horrible and annoying. laces are worse but I have to agree that smelly ones are the worst. well, I will also add in that shoes for toddlers exceeding $8-$10 is insane because we are often buying shoes twice/season because they are outgrown.

The DarkSide

quality posts: 0 Private Messages The DarkSide

Lights are fine, but grinders, wheels, or noise makers are a no-no!!! Arrrrgggghhhhh!!!!!

zener

quality posts: 22 Private Messages zener

whats wrong with wheeled shoes? They arent loud they just cruise. Not sure how ergonomic they are but for a fun walk to the store they seem ok.