WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: How much TV does your kid watch a day?
  • 16.8% - None 138
  • 20.7% - An hour or less 170
  • 29.7% - Couple hours, tops 244
  • 9.9% - A lot 81
  • 19.7% - I dunno. I’m not really counting. 162
  • 3.2% - Other (comments, please) 26
821 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

trucker743

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trucker743

Well, they're all grown. One doesn't have tv at their house - but they do play video games. The other two and their families seem to have it on more or less all the time except at meals, but frequently no one is really watching.

captainjacq

quality posts: 0 Private Messages captainjacq

I don't have kids, just nieces and nephews.

eliz5210

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eliz5210

I have teenagers, TV is mostly out now they watch a lot of Youtube.

deadeye37

quality posts: 1 Private Messages deadeye37

Depends on the day. If its a nice day, an hour or two. If its bad outside & the kids are being too crazy, its an all you can watch buffet. The kids usually don't take the bait and they continue to be crazy. These are all toddlers.

SumDuud

quality posts: 21 Private Messages SumDuud

Depends on the weather. Winter they (9, 4, & 2) watch a bit more because we don't let them out a ton in 20 degree weather (though they are active in sports and such - eg. my 9 year old a 2nd degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do). In the spring, summer, and fall they might be inside on rainy days or super hot days, but when they are inside they are generally watching a bit of tv. Probably more than they should, but as long as they keep other balance, I'm good with it.

Let's see the quality impulse buys!
Wooter to blame for sellout: SumDuud
Sellout time: 8:11:25 AM Central Time

natalieug

quality posts: 11 Private Messages natalieug

During the school year they're only allowed to watch TV and play on the computer or any other screen on the weekends - from the time that school is over on Friday until an hour before bed on Sunday night. Not unlimited, but at least 3 hours each day.