lichme

quality posts: 3120 Private Messages lichme

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3801 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Pretty good reviews (4.1 out of 5.0) on the red version over at Mattel.com

conanthelibrarian

This green version has OK reviews (3.0 out of 5.0) Mattel.com

EDIT: @thunderthighs: is there a difference between the red and green?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

conanthelibrarian wrote:This green version has OK reviews (3.0 out of 5.0) Mattel.com

EDIT: @thunderthighs: is there a difference between the red and green?

The frequency so you can use them at the same time.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

conanthelibrarian

ThunderThighs wrote:The frequency so you can use them at the same time.

Thanks!!! looks like I am in for one.

iwbyte

quality posts: 2 Private Messages iwbyte

Just got our check from Mattel for our broken TT that we sent back.

My son got it from Grandma and Grandmpa for Chanukah present and played with it at the cousin's house in December for 2 days. Let it swim in the pool (very cool!) and drive on the grassy ground (either controlled and very slow or sideways hard-to-control and very fast!)

Then we drove out to Grandma and Grandpa's house so they could see what they had gotten my son, and... it doesn't work.

Nothing seems mechanically wrong, but the remote does nothing, and there's no lights to tell if the device has power.

We charged the battery (no lights on the charger or battery to know if its full) for 24 hours - no change.

We called Mattel, they happily sent us another battery (they don't have any spare chargers), and charged that for 24 hours - no change.

Called Mattel back, they said to send it back - we sent it back (Mattel paid postage(!), we paid tracking) and then a few weeks later sent us a check for entire purchase price.

Maybe we got a bum one, but thought you should know.

It is 50% off tho... Maybe I should re-buy this and get two with the money we got back....

BakonWoot

quality posts: 2 Private Messages BakonWoot

A pair of Terrain Twisters strapped to the bottom of my boots could be quite a party... hmmmm...

Of course, it wouldn't be quite the same as just one of these:

XterraGuy

quality posts: 6 Private Messages XterraGuy

Had one of these years ago. Not impressed. As noted above, you can either run it slowly with some control, or fast but all over the place. I've used R/C toys for years and found this annoying, and my son who was maybe 8 at the time couldn't control it well at all.

windzilla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages windzilla

in old soviet russia screw drives you

radiogator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages radiogator

My son got one from his grandparents for his 5th birthday. He likes it, but doesn't play with it much. I, however, love it. It's a little tricky to learn how to drive. Does not go well on wood floors. Does go well in snow and water. Not fantastic on grass. We took it to a near by pond one day and it was loads of fun right up until it got old fishing line tangled around the screws. That took me about an hour to disassemble, clean and reassemble. Probably a good toy for ages 12+.

foosmaniac

quality posts: 0 Private Messages foosmaniac

88 dollar piece of junk from Toys R US this Christmas--at least in Florida. On grass and cement it sucks. Have not tried it at the beach and on water yet, but will do so soon. Not sure I would pay more than 25 for it if I had to do it over again.

mithral

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mithral
foosmaniac wrote:88 dollar piece of junk from Toys R US this Christmas--at least in Florida. On grass and cement it sucks. Have not tried it at the beach and on water yet, but will do so soon. Not sure I would pay more than 25 for it if I had to do it over again.

This sort of locomotion on something so small and light is really best on things like snow, and it seems to do alright in the water. I bet it would do pretty well on sand.

The screws either need to dig in the material or have enough friction to pull the thing across. Since these toys are pretty light they don't have a ton of friction across things like cement.

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys

There were selling on clearance at TRU and Target a few weeks ago for 75% off. I wouldn't be surprised if this comes up on woot! again at a lower price.