0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

grassynoel

quality posts: 3 Private Messages grassynoel

If you like packaging (landfill), these are for you.

rjheg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rjheg

My kids love these things. Good price for quick backpack snacks. In for 3.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3814 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Very good reviews (4.5 out of 5.0) over at Amazon

lichme

quality posts: 3127 Private Messages lichme

Great reviews on Amazon (linked above) - Seems like you can't go wrong with any flavor. I'd personally go for the Blueberry.

StarM

quality posts: 20 Private Messages StarM

Curious why the age 3+ up indication?

"We hear of the conversion of water into wine at the marriage in Cana as of a miracle. But this conversion is, through the goodness of God, made every day before our eyes. Behold the rain which descends from heaven upon our vineyards, and which incorporates itself with the grapes, to be changed into wine; a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy." Benjamin Franklin

rennyn

quality posts: 4 Private Messages rennyn

4 servings in each container?! You're looking at up to 320 calories and over 40 grams of sugar in one of these.

Just send your kids to school with a piece of fruit.

sste0390

quality posts: 6 Private Messages sste0390

These are great! It's a healthy alternative to fruit snacks and it's just as quick. I keep these in my car and my purse so my kids can always have a quick, mess-free snack!

JRRB

quality posts: 34 Private Messages JRRB

These make convenient on-the-go snacking, but note how soon these expire (6/14/2013).

sste0390

I would guess it's because the cap is a choking hazard. My one-year-old loves them.

StarM wrote:Curious why the age 3+ up indication?

phishgirl3

quality posts: 1 Private Messages phishgirl3
rennyn wrote:4 servings in each container?! You're looking at up to 320 calories and over 40 grams of sugar in one of these.

Just send your kids to school with a piece of fruit.

You read it wrong. Serving size is one pouch, 4 pouches in the box. And it's made of fruit puree, so the sugar is natural sugar just like in a piece of fruit, lol. No corn syrup and stuff.

psm321

quality posts: 21 Private Messages psm321

I have to pick a flavor? waaa! waah! I want a variety pack!! *throws tantrum*

This proves that I'm a kid at heart, right? So I can have these? Though, I really do want that variety pack...

*reverts to tantrum mode*

prttymf8

quality posts: 25 Private Messages prttymf8

My 2 year old daughter loves these things.

They're especially great in the car.

And it's not just good for kids. I keep a few in my car even when my daughter isn't in there with me. Keeps me from stopping for fast food when I get hungry while driving.

If you're already getting five or more Subscribe & Save items a month from Amazon, the price of these go down to $19.07.

So this isn't such a great deal if you want to try just one box.

tjun

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tjun
phishgirl3 wrote:You read it wrong. Serving size is one pouch, 4 pouches in the box. And it's made of fruit puree, so the sugar is natural sugar just like in a piece of fruit, lol. No corn syrup and stuff.

I believe there are six pouches in a box. I think the earlier poster probably has it right that there may be between 40-48g of sugar in one of these little pouches. At the very least, it's labeled very poorly.

Fruit has lots of "natural" sugar, especially when you boil it down and concentrate it. I agree and just pack your kid a tangerine instead. Has the added bonus of completely biodegradable packaging.

prttymf8

sste0390 wrote:These are great! It's a healthy alternative to fruit snacks and it's just as quick. I keep these in my car and my purse so my kids can always have a quick, mess-free snack!

Not completely mess free. My daughter sneezed while eating one. All I saw was a fountain of pureed fruit in the rearview.

prttymf8

tjun wrote:I believe there are six pouches in a box. I think the earlier poster probably has it right that there may be between 40-48g of sugar in one of these little pouches. At the very least, it's labeled very poorly.

Fruit has lots of "natural" sugar, especially when you boil it down and concentrate it. I agree and just pack your kid a tangerine instead. Has the added bonus of completely biodegradable packaging.

There are four pouches per box. You get six boxes.

The serving size says "1 Pouch"

http://www.plumorganics.com/products/fruit-veggie-mashups-blueberry-blitz

BPL5683

quality posts: 25 Private Messages BPL5683

Staff

It's really more of a precautionary recommendation. Remember this is a puree type mixture, and not a straight juice. We just wanted to be on the safe side.

Email customer service: support@woot.com for order problems ~OR~ Use the Support form linked at the top of every page.

yealiang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yealiang

Are they all best before 6/14/2013?
In for 3 already, now is struggling - shall I cancel the order???

prttymf8

yealiang wrote:Are they all best before 6/14/2013?

You can freeze them.

traquy

quality posts: 53 Private Messages traquy
tjun wrote:I believe there are six pouches in a box. I think the earlier poster probably has it right that there may be between 40-48g of sugar in one of these little pouches. At the very least, it's labeled very poorly.

With a quick look at the actual nutritional list (guess that was too hard for you guys) it says 10-12g sugar per pouch. Not exactly sugar free but hardly the scare tactic amount of sugar you pulled out of your posterior.

yealiang wrote:Are they all best before 6/14/2013?

If you are the type that throws things out the day they "expire" then yes, cancel that order. If you are the type of person that realizes most things don't actually expire anywhere near the date on the package, go ahead and order and I'm sure you can eat them for the next year and be fine. If the pouch is vacuum sealed and pliable it's fine, if it's bloated up and gassy...not fine.

Edited to add: crossposted with eq5150 and I'm in a pissy mood tonight, sorry if I sound snippy and intolerant. Oops.

eq5150

quality posts: 6 Private Messages eq5150

Click on "Continue Reading" and then "Specs" One mixed berry pouch has 10g sugar. Tropical Fruit has 12g sugar. Strawberry Banana has 11g sugar and the Blueberry has 11g sugar. Each pouch weighs 90 grams.

traquy

quality posts: 53 Private Messages traquy

Oh, a question: Do these have the seeds still in them, like a smoothie? My daughter LOVES the applesauce pouches so I was going to order 2 flavors, but she hates the little seeds from strawberries, blackberries, etc. I will order the tropical and blueberry blitz for now then maybe the berry once I get an answer.

I often pack snacks for us when we are out and about and having one of these frozen in there to help keep it cool (if we have cheese or something else refrigerated) is a great idea. I never even thought of freezing the applesauce ones. She LOVES slushy frozen stuff.

I also would LOVE to see a sample pack. It's a lot of $$ to get each flavor. Oh, wait...maybe that's the point?

tatyanafreire

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tatyanafreire

The cap is a choking hazard

casyeu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages casyeu

Is there anyone have bought this?

casyeu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages casyeu
psm321 wrote:I have to pick a flavor? waaa! waah! I want a variety pack!! *throws tantrum*

This proves that I'm a kid at heart, right? So I can have these? Though, I really do want that variety pack...

*reverts to tantrum mode*

totally agree with you.

fgarriel

quality posts: 22 Private Messages fgarriel

4 flavors, and you didn't increase the max purchase from 3 to 4? Boo!

(If you increase it, have your people email my people and my people will increase my order by 1 and send an email back to your people)

ceagee

quality posts: 66 Private Messages ceagee

What ever happened to just having an
apple ?
It has Nature's packaging. Nothing to add to our waste/pollution.
*sigh*

lmensor

quality posts: 8 Private Messages lmensor

Not one person has even made a comment about the awesome write-up tying in Sweet's Ballroom Blitz....great classic!!
Good job writing staff!

michoutdoors

quality posts: 6 Private Messages michoutdoors

Seriously...?

traquy wrote:Oh, a question: Do these have the seeds still in them, like a smoothie? My daughter LOVES the applesauce pouches so I was going to order 2 flavors, but she hates the little seeds from strawberries, blackberries, etc. I will order the tropical and blueberry blitz for now then maybe the berry once I get an answer.

I often pack snacks for us when we are out and about and having one of these frozen in there to help keep it cool (if we have cheese or something else refrigerated) is a great idea. I never even thought of freezing the applesauce ones. She LOVES slushy frozen stuff.

I also would LOVE to see a sample pack. It's a lot of $$ to get each flavor. Oh, wait...maybe that's the point?

smeera

quality posts: 1 Private Messages smeera
ceagee wrote:What ever happened to just having an
apple ?
It has Nature's packaging. Nothing to add to our waste/pollution.
*sigh*

people can do both. i know for sure i ate an apple once when i was a kid; thats how i lost my first baby tooth. cold fruit puree then would have been nice.

meows

tjun

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tjun
prttymf8 wrote:There are four pouches per box. You get six boxes.

The serving size says "1 Pouch"

http://www.plumorganics.com/products/fruit-veggie-mashups-blueberry-blitz

Is the woot listing incorrect then? It says:
(24) Plum Organics Mashups Snack Pouches (4 Six-Packs)

I interpret that as six pouches per box, not 6 boxes of four. then it should be 6 4-packs.

It all depends upon how the company is defining a "container". If the container is one pouch, then there are indeed four servings in the pouch. You do have to read these things very carefully.

Like I said earlier, I think they're at least guilty of not being very clear. And for the record, I did look at their website as well and it seems to say pretty much the same thing as the woot specs.

My kids would go ballistic with that much sugar, but they're kind of sensitive to it. Kids that eat candy and drink juice regularly are probably fine with 40 - 48g of sugar. It's about the equivalent of a candy bar and a juice box.

sste0390

I bought three but only received two. Did anyone else have a split order? I'm a little worried because I only have one tracking number and it says "delivered"...

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 175 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

sste0390 wrote:I bought three but only received two. Did anyone else have a split order? I'm a little worried because I only have one tracking number and it says "delivered"...

If you're concerned with your other order we recommend that you contact Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and let them know you're missing one. They'll be able to help out.