conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3797 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

A few good reviews (4.5 out of 5.0) over at Diapers.com

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3797 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Some additional reviews (4.5 out of 5.0) over at Amazon

vcrowley

quality posts: 14 Private Messages vcrowley

I don't know anything about this pack specifically, but these backpacks in general are wonderful. Our kids spent many hours in ours while hiking and camping. My youngest is three and we still bring it on hikes, in case she gets tired but the oldest still wants to keep going.

Rosiernk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rosiernk

The video wasn't very good.. how about putting a kid in it and lets see how it really works?

giolee88

quality posts: 17 Private Messages giolee88
vcrowley wrote:I don't know anything about this pack specifically, but these backpacks in general are wonderful. Our kids spent many hours in ours while hiking and camping. My youngest is three and we still bring it on hikes, in case she gets tired but the oldest still wants to keep going.

+1! We have these...grrrrreat help when you need two hands free. It's the preferred method of hauling kids around when I'm walking the dog, bcs controlling a stroller with one hand, and an annoying mutt on a leash with the other gets tiring. particularly when the dog gets in the way of the stroller. With the kid carrier, one hand scoops poop, the other holds leash, and the kid's on your back.

It's also real nice when you need to bring your kid to crowded tight spots, where the bulk of a stroller gets in the way. If I'm hitting a sale at the mall filled with crazy type-a parents...I bring the kid carrier so I can filter through the crowd easily. The rear and botom compartments hold a surprising Mount,k;' of stuff.

rettaboo78

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rettaboo78

What model year is this? When I did a simple title search I get posts on sites from sept2012 excited that woot is selling the 2012 model for $75.

Looks like the previous one on woot was red? Could the price difference be because of unpopular color?

I have been waiting for a "Kelty" pack!

charliecarroll

quality posts: 105 Private Messages charliecarroll

Kiddy Adventure Pack-Price Comparisons

WOOT! Today = $104.99 Total Shipped
Today's Woot = $50.00 LESS than next lowest price found.

Amazon = $154.99 + Ships Free
http://www.amazon.com/Kiddy-57-200-RT-S28-Adventure-Pack/dp/B005HHB4HY

Baby Earth = $169.00 + Ships Free
http://www.babyearth.com/kiddy-adventure-pack-baby-carrier.html?att_val=251&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=&kwid=productads-sku^16808@ADL40251-adtype^PLA-adid^18766003455

Diapers.com = $175.09 + Free Two Day Shipping
http://www.diapers.com/p/kiddy-adventure-pack-345316?site=CA&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc_D&utm_term=UOA-005&utm_campaign=GooglePLA&CAWELAID=1338783105&utm_content=pla&ca_sku=UOA-005&ca_gpa=pla&ca_kw={keyword}

**NOTE**
All prices and suppliers were found using a random Google search. Your own independent search may find other suppliers with differing and/or lower prices.

rt2dz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rt2dz

I bought one of these back in 2012 from woot. They had 3 color choices at the time. I went with the red, which turned out to be more burgandy. The other colors were green or blue.

I like it a lot. A Kelty has nothing on it--and I did used to borrow friends' Keltys until I committed. I have 4 active boys. The last is a bonus baby and this makes it really easy to just haul him with us on hikes and other outdoor adventures. My back doesn't hurt and it holds a ton of stuff. It's a good buy.

qex

quality posts: 4 Private Messages qex

I'm not sure about the quality of this brand, but we have a Kelty that is great and we spend about $70 on it. I'm not sure this is that great a deal.

Also, the shade thing on top is goofy. Just put a hat on your kid.

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1077 Private Messages whatsamattaU

product page
http://www.kiddyusa.com/kiddy-accessories/kiddy-adventure-pack.html

blog review, but...
http://www.pnmag.com/gear-reviews/kiddy-adventure-pack-4/

I'm not sure if this is a 2013 model or 2012, since the price last year was in the $70's for the 2012 model during regular woots and wootoffs
http://kids.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5039469

listings from mywoot.net on previous sales
http://mywoot.net/kids/past/search.php?question=kiddy+adventure+pack

bye

mattryan

quality posts: 42 Private Messages mattryan

How many children can you fit into it?

jamielcole

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jamielcole

How does this pack fold up when not in use? Just wondering how much space it will take up to store and/or take on a plane?

patkraha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages patkraha

Can you get the child in and out of this with out help ? If so, how is it done and the ease of doing so ?

winduvscry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages winduvscry

I got one. While this is pretty awesome, I've NEVER ACTUALLY USED IT.

Except for that one time, when I was vacuuming and had to keep the kid entertained.

hizzeraud

quality posts: 6 Private Messages hizzeraud

I got this last year. I've hiked in the rocky mountains with it. I will say that if it's hot out, the wearer will get wicked hot and sweaty. The kid, not so much. I can only put this on by myself if I can find an elevated surface where I can sit down and strap the kid to my back. The last time I used it in November I found a couple of stairs, put the kid on the top stair, sat on the stair below it, and presto- easy peasy. My son is 15 mos old and over 30 lbs. I did a relatively easy 5 mile hike without any discomfort. The only beefs I have with it are that adjusting the torso height can be a PITA. I'm 5'6 so I had to raise the waist band up to fit comfortably and it doesn't sit right when you adjust the velcro too high. Also, both zippers that keep the hood contained broke off- not a big deal because it doesn't affect functionality, but it was surprising to give it a pull and end up with the zipper in your hand. I'd buy it again and I can forsee us continuing to use this comfortably until our son is up to the 40 lb mark.

ETA: we also have an Ergo. For back carrying while hiking this wins because it makes it easier for you to keep your balance on uneven surfaces and lifts the kid off of your back so you both don't get yucky sweaty. For running errands or suburban mom type things I prefer the ergo since it's easier to get on, not as ugly, and easier to transport.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

rettaboo78 wrote:What model year is this? When I did a simple title search I get posts on sites from sept2012 excited that woot is selling the 2012 model for $75.

Looks like the previous one on woot was red? Could the price difference be because of unpopular color?

I have been waiting for a "Kelty" pack!

Heard from the buyer. It's the current model. We're double checking the year for the current model. Just not sure if we can get hold of the vendor on a Saturday.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

amyjgrill

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amyjgrill
patkraha wrote:Can you get the child in and out of this with out help ? If so, how is it done and the ease of doing so ?

I've been using this pack for about 6 months now and we love it. It has a kickstand that allows the baby to be loaded in with ease, as it sits on the ground. It also has 2 handles on top that assist with slinging it around to your back. I've had no problems getting this thing on and off solo, with the baby securely loaded and no spillage. ;)

Bezalel

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Bezalel

What is the range of adjustibility for torso height?

giolee88

quality posts: 17 Private Messages giolee88
mattryan wrote:How many children can you fit into it?

Two...but you might need a blender.

OH, NO YOU DIDN'T!..... O yes I did!