WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

JBuddies Kids Volume Limiting Headphones

They say if it's too loud, you're too old! But you can't hear them say that, because it was too loud when you were younger. Rocking out might be okay for the grown-ups, but kid ears are still growing! A volume limiter will keep 'em safe. And keep you from having to hear Ke$ha second-hand every time they walk past.

cotterpinx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cotterpinx

I have two of the pink ones for my kids (8 and 4).

• They seem to work pretty well; I'm no audiophile and I've only listened briefly but thought the sound was fine.
  • The kids liked the customizable inserts. I believe they are actually stickers with adhesive on the back, but I don't think we actually used it. They stay in place REALLY well just by poking them into place. (And are a hassle to remove when your kid changes her mind...) This also makes it easier to tell whose is whose if you end up with more than one pair in the same color - just put in different inserts.
  • The size is nice, too -- these were the only headphones I've been able to find that would STAY on my 4 year-old's head; others were too big and good grief earbuds-- No WAY! This is a huge plus when you're on a long car trip with a car-seat-restrained kid behind you.
  • The on-headphone volume dial seems like a cool feature, but my older daughter never uses it and my younger daughter keeps forgetting it's there and messing it up, which leads to:
  • If your kids are smaller, they might accidentally turn down the sound using the volume control on the headphones and then complain that "it's broken! I can't hear anything!"
  • The foam part of the earpieces is covered up by a leather-like sleeve which is NOT attached to the headphones. They will come off, and are Really Annoying to get back on. More of an issue for smaller kids who aren't super careful how they handle things.
  • These seem to stand up to reasonably rough kid treatment. (dropping, picking up audio device by the cord, etc.) Have had them about 4 months and so far so good.

All in all, I'm very happy with them.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Great info. Thanks for taking the time to post.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

wingedsurfgirl

quality posts: 25 Private Messages wingedsurfgirl

"Why didn't somebody think of these before? This is awesome!" -Thunder Thighs

I agree, the volume limiting feature is awesome... However, they have thought of them before. I have a pair made by another company for my son. I am very grateful that they exist, as with a 3 1/2 yr old that loves buttons and knobs, the volume knob waffles all over the place countless times. The limiting feature has certainly prolonged the future of his ears. Ours don't have volume control on the headset though, they simply do not allow the music to go over a certain number of decibels. Before I gave them to him, I tried them at max decibels, and the sound was more than enough for even my ears, which to me is perfect.

aderyn

quality posts: 10 Private Messages aderyn
cotterpinx wrote:I have two of the pink ones for my kids (8 and 4).

• They seem to work pretty well; I'm no audiophile and I've only listened briefly but thought the sound was fine.
  • The kids liked the customizable inserts. I believe they are actually stickers with adhesive on the back, but I don't think we actually used it. They stay in place REALLY well just by poking them into place. (And are a hassle to remove when your kid changes her mind...) This also makes it easier to tell whose is whose if you end up with more than one pair in the same color - just put in different inserts.
  • The size is nice, too -- these were the only headphones I've been able to find that would STAY on my 4 year-old's head; others were too big and good grief earbuds-- No WAY! This is a huge plus when you're on a long car trip with a car-seat-restrained kid behind you.
  • The on-headphone volume dial seems like a cool feature, but my older daughter never uses it and my younger daughter keeps forgetting it's there and messing it up, which leads to:
  • If your kids are smaller, they might accidentally turn down the sound using the volume control on the headphones and then complain that "it's broken! I can't hear anything!"
  • The foam part of the earpieces is covered up by a leather-like sleeve which is NOT attached to the headphones. They will come off, and are Really Annoying to get back on. More of an issue for smaller kids who aren't super careful how they handle things.
  • These seem to stand up to reasonably rough kid treatment. (dropping, picking up audio device by the cord, etc.) Have had them about 4 months and so far so good.

All in all, I'm very happy with them.

Exactly what I wanted to know to decide whether to get them for my music-loving 4-year-old granddaughter. Thanks for a great post!