WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: How often do you hire a babysitter?
  • 57.2% - Never. 476
  • 18.5% - Only on rare occasions. 154
  • 12.4% - A few times a year. 103
  • 5.6% - A couple times a month. 47
  • 3.2% - At least once a week. 27
  • 3% - Other (comments, please) 25
832 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

jimmygeek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimmygeek

Who needs a babysitter when you have willing family???

gmcreager

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gmcreager

My kids are 26 and 23... What's a babysitter?

CyborgBill

quality posts: 1 Private Messages CyborgBill
jimmygeek wrote:Who needs a babysitter when you have willing family???

LOL that's me! I'm the babysitter for my 2-year-old grandson. My son is coming into that role, too with 2 grand-daughters of his own.

BTW, sitting with my Grandson is enjoyable - Grandchildren are about the only part of getting old that doesn't suck completely. But there's a fine line between getting to soo those grandchildren you dote on so, and being taken for granted - AND BEING TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF!

roadlizard7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages roadlizard7

As grandparents, we are the babysitters.

kutiel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kutiel

If I thought they would spend time with the kids vs watching TV, playing on computers or texting the whole time I might get one for a night out.

ambergreen

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ambergreen

No close family to watch them, and trust issues with people we don't know. Fortunately, the youth we know in our church are starting to get to driving age...babysitters soon?

ladyloerya

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ladyloerya

I chose a few times a year but we don't "hire" babysitters, we just borrow family members for an evening once in a great while.

k4th3r1n3

quality posts: 17 Private Messages k4th3r1n3

I have willing family, but once in a while I'll pay a teenager to sit. I started babysitting when I was twelve, the parents would come and pick me up. I was one of the good ones so I know who to pick and who deserves the extra money. It teaches kids responsibility!