WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: How often do your kids get new toys?
  • 8.8% - Never. 75
  • 28.3% - All the time. They’re spoiled brats. 242
  • 31.3% - Whenever they’ve earned it or as a reward. 268
  • 27.7% - Only on birthdays or holidays. 237
  • 3.9% - Other (comments, please) 33
855 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

pigsnfish

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pigsnfish

When they've saved up enough money to buy their own. When they were younger, it was whenever their begging got the best of me.

RoseBlood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RoseBlood

My daughter is 1 1/2. She gets new toys whenever i want something new to play with.. lol. witch is a lot.

vikingcanute

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vikingcanute

i frequent a local thrift store and whenever i find a great toy in great shape..they get a new toy. or when i find a good deal on woot!lol

ambergreen

quality posts: 10 Private Messages ambergreen

Several holidays result in toys. Between holidays they usually get books. And then they have family members that send whatever whenever. And I make the kids write thank you notes EVERYTIME!

Eltinwe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Eltinwe

My kids get new toys when I run across toys that I want to buy them at a price at which I am willing to buy them. Unexpected gifts are way better than gifts which someone "had" to give you because it was expected on some occasion or other.

Averien

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Averien
Eltinwe wrote:My kids get new toys when I run across toys that I want to buy them at a price at which I am willing to buy them. Unexpected gifts are way better than gifts which someone "had" to give you because it was expected on some occasion or other.

While I similarly buy gifts when I find them at a good price, they get stored in the closet and brought out for holidays or birthdays. It makes the Christmas season (around which I, my kids, and my wife were born), much, much easier to cope with. It allows me to take advantage of deals when they happen, with an easier-to-manage budget. Books happen whenever, a new movie might happen if they were especially good for a week, but toys represent so much *CLUTTER* that I just can't indulge in that as often as I (or they) would like.