$80.57 on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Lil-Rider-Wheel-Battery-Powered/dp/B00AK8U4JY

[MOD: Fixed link. My fault.]

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3465 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

A couple of OK reviews (2.5 out of 5.0) over at Wayfair.com

lichme

quality posts: 2849 Private Messages lichme

Move over PowerWheels, there's a new battery powered vehicle in town. Man I wish I had one of these when I was a kid. I had to settle for stealing a ride on my neighbors plastic car when he was away.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

conanthelibrarian wrote:A couple of OK reviews (2.5 out of 5.0) over at Wayfair.com

FYI, one bad review is due to the music it plays. The other is the size - that it's smaller than they expected.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

techkyle

quality posts: 2 Private Messages techkyle

So, what do you guys think? Coat the wheels in that spray-on rubber stuff, swap a few transistors around, beef up the batteries... I think this thing could be freeway worthy.

Edit: Not to mention the style in which you'd be traveling.

zener

quality posts: 22 Private Messages zener

Helmet required?

duckduckfish

quality posts: 5 Private Messages duckduckfish

Do these have 3 wheels or 2? I cannot find those details on the woot site and the write up says something about learning balance, but the links on other sites are for a 3 wheel bike....
So do you need to know how to balance or not on this?

BPL5683

quality posts: 24 Private Messages BPL5683

Staff

duckduckfish wrote:Do these have 3 wheels or 2? I cannot find those details on the woot site and the write up says something about learning balance, but the links on other sites are for a 3 wheel bike....
So do you need to know how to balance or not on this?

I believe it's 3 wheels, and the back two are positioned close together.

Email customer service: support@woot.com for order problems ~OR~ Use the Support form linked at the top of every page.

zener

It has to have 3 wheels since it shows the back wheel under the side saddlebag. Still need to balance you can tip a tri-moto if you turn hard and high speed. Then comes the question of how much force can that chinese 15 watt motor torque. And finally if you have a high enough center of balance anything will eventually topple. Best test would be full grown adult with full gear and heavy helmet standing on the seat going full speed and turn as hard as you can. Ill volunteer the do it for a free sample of the product.

BPL5683

Staff

zener wrote:It has to have 3 wheels since it shows the back wheel under the side saddlebag. Still need to balance you can tip a tri-moto if you turn hard and high speed. Then comes the question of how much force can that chinese 15 watt motor torque. And finally if you have a high enough center of balance anything will eventually topple. Best test would be full grown adult with full gear and heavy helmet standing on the seat going full speed and turn as hard as you can. Ill volunteer the do it for a free sample of the product.

As long as said adult weighs under the 66lb limit!

Email customer service: support@woot.com for order problems ~OR~ Use the Support form linked at the top of every page.

BPL5683

Staff

techkyle wrote:So, what do you guys think? Coat the wheels in that spray-on rubber stuff, swap a few transistors around, beef up the batteries... I think this thing could be freeway worthy.

Edit: Not to mention the style in which you'd be traveling.

zener wrote:It has to have 3 wheels since it shows the back wheel under the side saddlebag. Still need to balance you can tip a tri-moto if you turn hard and high speed. Then comes the question of how much force can that chinese 15 watt motor torque. And finally if you have a high enough center of balance anything will eventually topple. Best test would be full grown adult with full gear and heavy helmet standing on the seat going full speed and turn as hard as you can. Ill volunteer the do it for a free sample of the product.

While Woot can't endorse such behavior from people with access to lawyers. Please provide the video of this, as it would be meme-worthy I'm sure.

zener

BPL5683 wrote:Please provide the video of this, as it would be meme-worthy I'm sure.

Helmet cam...check

acaciasmom

quality posts: 4 Private Messages acaciasmom
zener wrote:Helmet required?

You would be putting a small child on a 3 wheeled bike which is powered. Not to mention that said child is likely a boy. I'm going to go with.... uhh, duhh.

acaciasmom

quality posts: 4 Private Messages acaciasmom
ThunderThighs wrote:FYI, one bad review is due to the music it plays. The other is the size - that it's smaller than they expected.

Haha, definitely look at all the reviews people! Some people will downgrade a product for ANYTHING, including the shipping time (usually an Amazon.com downgrade) which has absolutely nothing to do with the actual product. Many sites also don't edit reviews (like Amazon) so.... you could be looking at reviews that don't accurately depict the product unless you dive deep into the content.

mdnorman

quality posts: 50 Private Messages mdnorman
zener wrote:Helmet required?

Helmet is not required. Don't coddle your kids. Did YOU have to wear a helmet every time you got on your Big Wheel?

eno45

quality posts: 7 Private Messages eno45
mdnorman wrote:Helmet is not required. Don't coddle your kids. Did YOU have to wear a helmet every time you got on your Big Wheel?

From one that has had a few concussions from being active in my early years I would say being safe does not hurt. Also if you happen to look up tests that are put on SNELL or DOT helmets you would find that speed is only one factor in the amount of damage a child or adult gets from falling and hitting their head. Road rash is increased at speed but the direct impact is more related to the height at which they fall. So even if a kid is only going 1.5mph if they fall from 3-4ft feet and hit their head on concrete that is still a good blow to the head.

My kid actually likes to wear her helmet since it has a built in visor and helps block the sun.

Also helmets are not that effective on kids if you don't bother to spend the 15mins to learn how to adjust and then actually adjust it properly so the helmet doesn't appear to be a wanna-be yamaka. Make sure both front and back straps are evenly adjusted so the helmet will stay in place and protect the entire top of the head including FOREHEAD. Frustrating to see 95% of kids and adults that actually wear their helmets have it at the back of their head with their entire front portion clearly exposed.

Last who are you to tell someone how to protect their kids? I also teach my kids to look both ways before entering the street in our neighborhood. Never hurts to prepare and protect.

larinc

quality posts: 2 Private Messages larinc

Sold my last motorcycle when my son turned 15. Maybe it's time to introduce my granddaughter to the joy of motorcycling.

garrigusm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages garrigusm

Maximum Speed: 1.75 mph. I've bought other little cars that go this speed and it's too slow to go in the grass in my backyard. My kids like it (3 and 4 yr old), but it's just slow they lose interest.

tarahbelle2

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tarahbelle2

More reviews here on amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Lil-Rider-Battery-Powered-Justice-Police/dp/B004JMITE4/ref=pd_sim_t_6

hardcandy189

quality posts: 6 Private Messages hardcandy189
tarahbelle2 wrote:More reviews here on amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Lil-Rider-Battery-Powered-Justice-Police/dp/B004JMITE4/ref=pd_sim_t_6

That link is to the wrong item. They are not the same.

tarahbelle2

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tarahbelle2
hardcandy189 wrote:That link is to the wrong item. They are not the same.

Sorry. I thought it was the same as the blue option.

Although it is worth it to note that a lot of the bad reviews are about the company not backing up their product.

Ophelia

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Ophelia
ThunderThighs wrote:FYI, one bad review is due to the music it plays. The other is the size - that it's smaller than they expected.

I wouldn't discount the music complaint - a friend of my kids has the similar one linked from Amazon (made by the same company), and I can deal with the noises most kids stuff plays, but this one was REALLY bad. Very loud, and VERY annoying. The music came on with a button, or switch, I think - so with some engineering, it may be able to be disabled.

brentphx

quality posts: 6 Private Messages brentphx

I can attest to the terrible sounds that come out of Lil' Rider products... I got my 2yo a car from this brand, the 'music' was so bad I cut the wires to the two buttons that triggered it.

And SLOOOOW, he regularly gets upset that he can't keep up with the neighbor kids on their Power Wheels brand cars, even when they're in slow gear. When the car moves slower than a 2 yo can walk... if they're anything like mine they get frustrated. modifiedpowerwheels.com can help you speed up a real one, including motor replacement/upgrade suggestions (I just killed a BUNCH of people's evenings with that site. Sorry wives!) BUT, this brand uses one motor with a non-standard gear so you would have to do a bit of re-engineering to make it faster. Battery life is pretty short too, even when properly charged.

Would i buy again? meh, it is cheaper than Power Wheels... but then again, it's cheaper in every way!

narahari

quality posts: 0 Private Messages narahari

Does anyone know where the plug is for the charger. The manual doesn't say. Btw, the quality is pretty bad too - don't buy if offered in future.

msobti

quality posts: 0 Private Messages msobti

I bought this Bike from woot. I really think this was a bad buy. The spec says it is good for ages 3 to 8 and in no way I find this appropriate for my 5 year old. The bike is too small for even my 4 year old. Very bad specs

lil4runer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lil4runer
garrigusm wrote:Maximum Speed: 1.75 mph. I've bought other little cars that go this speed and it's too slow to go in the grass in my backyard. My kids like it (3 and 4 yr old), but it's just slow they lose interest.

2 yr old grandson luvs it!

wooty

lil4runer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lil4runer

2 yr old luvs this, but one of the back wheels keeps coming off, after a week of riding inside. Hopefully woot will exchange it with the 90 day warranty.

wooty