3%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 2663 Private Messages lichme

This is not only a good mat, but it is also educational. It can be used to learn the alphabet, and to fit shapes into their appropriate spaces.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3124 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Think I should buy two sets so that I can spell out Woot on my floor. Yes, I have a problem.;)

majorwest

quality posts: 13 Private Messages majorwest

FYI: .375" = 3/8 inches.

Most kids foam mats on the market come in the smaller (less desirable) 1/4 inch thickness. This one gives you an extra 1/8 inch = more durability and more padding for the kiddies' feet.

EvilE1174

quality posts: 8 Private Messages EvilE1174

Woot adding TAX to orders now?? What the heck??? I was in for one till this. When did WOOT start adding tax on purchases???

EvilE1174

quality posts: 8 Private Messages EvilE1174
conanthelibrarian wrote:Think I should buy two sets so that I can spell out Woot on my floor. Yes, I have a problem.;)

brownnoser.

wootpapa

quality posts: 18 Private Messages wootpapa

Alphabet mats seem neat on the surface, but my experience was with grime collecting at the seams (alphabet = a lot more places for grim to collect).

And, when your kid learns to pull out the letters, it's all the more trouble for you to put the letters back, assuming you want the mats to perform their chief purpose (providing floor padding).

jess193

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jess193

We bought these to make a play area on our tile floor. Our daughter is one and likes to deconstruct the mat. She even pops the smaller pieces out of the inside holes in the letters. It's a pain in the neck to clean up because the letters don't stay in the mat very well after being popped out a few times. My husband and I have had quite a few laughs about trying to find the piece that belongs in the A hole.

She does love this set, but my cats do, too. Something about the texture screams scratching post to them. We've left the mat out for a day or so and come home to scratched off bits of mat strewn about the living room.

This is a great playmat, but for us it's been more trouble than it's worth. Maybe we'll break it out again when our daughter is older and is learning letters.

rinverso

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rinverso

$13 costco, no shipping charge.

steeeeevo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages steeeeevo
rinverso wrote:$13 costco, no shipping charge.

Link?

Steve Young

rehudson

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rehudson

Buyer beware!! We got mats very similar to this for our son. We eventually had to get rid of them because he kept pulling the letters out and, when he started teething, chewing on them. We ended up getting plain 2 foot foam squares which he didn't seem as interested in because he would have to pull up a much larger piece of foam.

ziekk

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ziekk

Don't get this if you have cats. Me and any other parent I've talked to that owns cats says these are an absolute scratching (and eating the scratched off pieces, if your cat is into that) magnet. We had our similar non-alphabet version for about two weeks and even though we tried to keep it covered so it wasn't tempting, it was a mess and we threw the whole thing out.

yotko

quality posts: 4 Private Messages yotko

We had one similar to this (also included numbers 0-9) when my now 5 year old was a baby. We used it on the hardwood floor in her bedroom. She loved taking it apart, putting it back together and just rolling around on it. Easy to clean when the unavoidable poop explosion happened. (We just threw the 'affected' tiles in the tub with hot water and bleach and a good scrubbing) No cats, just a 120 pound dog who LOVED to lay on it. We just used a lightweight vacuum (like a Stick-Vac) to clean it, which seemed to do a good job getting stuff out of all the grooves and cracks.

Plus, the kid knew all her letters by 2, and reading by 4. I'm just saying....

marista99

quality posts: 1 Private Messages marista99
rinverso wrote:$13 costco, no shipping charge.

Yeah I can't find anything like that on their site...

cfox612

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cfox612

Toys R Us offers a set of 36 (A-Z, 0-9) for $24.99. We got 2 sets on sale (25% off) and covered our dining room (turned playroom). We love the mats! DD is learning to walk and has crashed to the floor several times (sometimes head first) and her fall is always cushioned. At 10 months she really has little interest in pulling it up to chew - she'd much rather play with all her other toys.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11773791

I don't think I'd spend $18 for this set when you can get 20% off TRU coupons everywhere bringing the 36 square set down to $20.

slaglet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slaglet

Does anyone know if these are the safe foam squares without carcinogens, including Formamide, Acetaphenone, 2 Phenyl 2 Propanol?

OriginalSin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages OriginalSin

I've read both the negative and positive comments about the mat for indoor use. Has anyone used it outside?

sdvic

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sdvic

I love this mat. Yes, my 2 year old pulls it up and it's a pain, but it's fine really. You can build little boxes too. I have lots the middle of the pieces but whatever. This is a great price. I have some similar foam for outside and it just fades. I wouldn't want water to get underneath it, but it would just be mucky and a bit slippery.

milafit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages milafit
slaglet wrote:Does anyone know if these are the safe foam squares without carcinogens, including Formamide, Acetaphenone, 2 Phenyl 2 Propanol?

From the extensive research I've done, there are no safe EVA foam mats. Here's a site that has tested many different brands of mats. We decided to just use a thick wool rug with blankets for more padding. It's a bit more messy but we know we aren't exposing ourselves to unknown toxins.

cainunable

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cainunable

Anyone by chance get an extra I and J square in their order? We were missing them out of one of our sets and we weren't sure if if was some sort of packages mistake or if woot is trying to simplify the English language.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

cainunable wrote:Anyone by chance get an extra I and J square in their order? We were missing them out of one of our sets and we weren't sure if if was some sort of packages mistake or if woot is trying to simplify the English language.

Well, we didn't package them so we'll pass the blame on to the manufacturer.

Be sure to email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ohgeez

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ohgeez

Still haven't received the item yet. Shipment has been 'initiated' for days now.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

ohgeez wrote:Still haven't received the item yet. Shipment has been 'initiated' for days now.

sorry for the delay.
you can email Support@Woot.com for details about the status of your order.
apologies again for the inconvenience.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.