WootBot


quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

RC Nemesis Battle Copters

Speed to First Woot:
5m 12.115s
First Sucker:
scuzzle_but
Last Wooter to Woot:
grupp
Last Purchase:
2 years ago
Order Pace (rank):
Top 40% of Kids Woots
Top 39% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 9% of Kids Woots
Top 12% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

  • 7% first woot
  • 3% second woot
  • 25% < 10 woots
  • 28% < 25 woots
  • 36% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 6% joined today
  • 0% one week old
  • 1% one month old
  • 15% one year old
  • 77% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 94% bought 1
  • 5% bought 2
  • 2% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

5%
3%
2%
0%
2%
2%
5%
7%
9%
9%
9%
8%
6%
5%
4%
3%
2%
2%
3%
3%
2%
2%
3%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting



Quality Posts


Jertyrael


quality posts: 23 Private Messages Jertyrael

AGAIN with the awesome things on kids.woot! You need a new page! I propose Awesome.Woot! for all things awesome. It can have toys and other such awesome things!

"Woot and all our various sites will continue to be an independently operated company full of horrible, useless products and an untalented jerkface writing staff, same as it ever was." -- Matt Rutledge

baybei


quality posts: 49 Private Messages baybei

Oh! This looks like fun, but unfortunately I spent my weekly 'spending allowance' on woot-opoly! Now I have to decide if I made the right decision or not.

AlexWalsh


quality posts: 6 Private Messages AlexWalsh

Seem like pretty good reviews on the mother site (assuming these are the same helicopters)
http://www.amazon.com/Nemesis-Battle-Copters-Electric-2-Pack/dp/B00AHKBSIG

bpr2


quality posts: 182 Private Messages bpr2

Could I dive bomb my lego clock with one of these?

that was fun while it lasted!

billyverde


quality posts: 3 Private Messages billyverde

Sweet, got a nephew whose birthday is approaching; he loves all things remote control, be they on the ground or in the air. In for one.

CowboyDann


quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann
Jertyrael wrote:AGAIN with the awesome things on kids.woot! You need a new page! I propose Awesome.Woot! for all things awesome. It can have toys and other such awesome things!



Seriously, it's almost like woot is listening to us and going back to bringing us good stuff instead of amazon rejects. How great is this?

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

CowboyDann wrote:Seriously, it's almost like woot is listening to us and going back to bringing us good stuff instead of amazon rejects. How great is this?



Independent Subsidiary. They can't just give us things to sell. It doesn't work that way. Get it out of your head.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

conanthelibrarian


quality posts: 3920 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

an overview (with additional pictures!) over at worldtechtoys.com

http://worldtechtoys.com/product/GYRONemesisBattleCoptersElectricHelicopters.html

funner567


quality posts: 0 Private Messages funner567

Any reviews on this?

CowboyDann


quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann
ThunderThighs wrote:Independent Subsidiary. They can't just give us things to sell. It doesn't work that way. Get it out of your head.



Haha yes yes I know. The quality does feel better in the last week. Almost makes me wish I followed this last wootoff a little closer. (Although I'm glad i didn't. It's hard to save money when you're wooting)

tsfisch


quality posts: 42 Private Messages tsfisch

Anyone know if the parts (blades, shaft, etc) from a Syma S107G will fit these? We have a couple Symas and you WILL break them if you use them, and the Syma parts are cheap on eBay.

If the parts work, I'm really interested. They are a hoot to fly and the laser-tag game would make it that much more fun.

SuperNinja


quality posts: 18 Private Messages SuperNinja

GET TO DA CHOPPA!

jdpman


quality posts: 16 Private Messages jdpman

Keep in mind you'll need 12 AA batteries to get these up and battlin'. Now don't you regret not buying up those butt ton of batteries offered on tech.woot just a couple days ago?!

ainterr


quality posts: 3 Private Messages ainterr



This is them. He doesn't really fly them much, but gives a good idea of size and stability (he is clearly a first time flyer).

EricPost


quality posts: 3 Private Messages EricPost

These are great, one thing to note, is they do operate on infrared so they will washout in sunlight.

Radio frequencies are better suited for flying devices.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

jdpman wrote:Keep in mind you'll need 12 AA batteries to get these up and battlin'. Now don't you regret not buying up those butt ton of batteries offered on tech.woot just a couple days ago?!



Gee, I feel like I should have said something like that but you're doing just fine so carry on.




FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

mcbickley


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mcbickley
AlexWalsh wrote:Seem like pretty good reviews on the mother site (assuming these are the same helicopters)
http://www.amazon.com/Nemesis-Battle-Copters-Electric-2-Pack/dp/B00AHKBSIG



"Mother site", I just snorted a little coffee out my nose! Thanks!

wizwor


quality posts: 26 Private Messages wizwor
jdpman wrote:Keep in mind you'll need 12 AA batteries to get these up and battlin'. Now don't you regret not buying up those butt ton of batteries offered on tech.woot just a couple days ago?!


Why do you think we have been buying all the free-after-rewards batteries at Staples? Just for this!

coberst


quality posts: 1 Private Messages coberst

it's nemeses. the plural of nemesis is nemeses

©

j5


quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

Oh man Rollerball...did Slydon write today's ad copy? I hear he's old.

We have a house full of these infra-rc contra rotating helis, most of them are too beat up to fly well. I guess replacements are in order.

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

lichme


quality posts: 3191 Private Messages lichme

This sale receives my approval. Carry on.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

Warning: Too much awesome to be contained in such a small space

budsdre


quality posts: 1 Private Messages budsdre

I have one of these the pair is awesome, first hit spins one way, second hit spins the other, third hit sends you down. Easy to handle and also control in the dark.

budsdre


quality posts: 1 Private Messages budsdre
wizwor wrote:Why do you think we have been buying all the free-after-rewards batteries at Staples? Just for this!



Save the batteries, use the USB charger instead of the built in one...Still need the batteries but this will stretch the life.

ndaipori


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ndaipori
EricPost wrote:These are great, one thing to note, is they do operate on infrared so they will washout in sunlight.

Radio frequencies are better suited for flying devices.



As far as I can tell, the control is RF, it's just the "combat system" that is infrared. So you will be able to fly them in the sun, it just might be harder to score a hit.

j5


quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
ndaipori wrote:As far as I can tell, the control is RF, it's just the "combat system" that is infrared. So you will be able to fly them in the sun, it just might be harder to score a hit.

No, these are IR.
For the most part, RF requires more power and equipment (weight) to operate, and the power cell on these things is just a big capacitor.

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

DaLemming


quality posts: 7 Private Messages DaLemming

You know these helicopters have their own theme song, don't you?

![](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9faYaGdLS4)

Or, if you lose one:

![](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5OLEkn833E)

< sigh > I'm never going to figure embedding.

Bigscout79


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Bigscout79
j5 wrote:No, these are IR.
For the most part, RF requires more power and equipment (weight) to operate, and the power cell on these things is just a big capacitor.



Ditto - almost all the 3 or 3.5 channels are IR not RF. It's rarely a problem because you're going to flying indoors anyhow.

rasmalice


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rasmalice

anyone know if you can fly like 4 of these at the same time and have a battle royale??

iproxii


quality posts: 3 Private Messages iproxii

Here I am woot, once again, spending all my hard earned money buying toys from kids woot, for myself- an adult child. What else? I'm female. This is practically going against my gender, but holy jeez, this thing is cool. Not only is it shiny and produces light, but it makes super cool sounds too so I can pretend I really rock at flying the copter as I crash it into ordinary objects lying around my house!

Anyone have suggestions for cameras that may be light enough to be added onto it without any issues?

tsfisch


quality posts: 42 Private Messages tsfisch
j5 wrote:and the power cell on these things is just a big capacitor.



I can't vouch for these, but that's not true of the Syma S107G which most of these small copters are modeled after. It has a small LiPo battery inside.

j5


quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
tsfisch wrote:I can't vouch for these, but that's not true of the Syma S107G which most of these small copters are modeled after. It has a small LiPo battery inside.



Allrighty. I stand corrected.
In fact, these look just like those Syma units.

eta: Don't need these now. Grabbing some USB cable chargers from Amazorn! Thanks Woot!

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

FFLGeek2004


quality posts: 0 Private Messages FFLGeek2004
jdpman wrote:Keep in mind you'll need 12 AA batteries to get these up and battlin'. Now don't you regret not buying up those butt ton of batteries offered on tech.woot just a couple days ago?!



Rechargables, baby, rechargables!

172pilotsteve


quality posts: 3 Private Messages 172pilotsteve

It's good to know that they make "ACTUAL sound effects" as opposed to simulated sounds, I guess..?? :-)

NedDawg


quality posts: 34 Private Messages NedDawg
budsdre wrote:Save the batteries, use the USB charger instead of the built in one...Still need the batteries but this will stretch the life.

Sorry, but I'm not following the logic. I get that the 'copters have rechargeable batteries that can be charged via USB chargers. But what's this about a built-in charger and its effect on battery life?
Note: my original post was edited in an attempt to add clarity.

whynotus


quality posts: 1 Private Messages whynotus
iproxii wrote:Here I am woot, once again, spending all my hard earned money buying toys from kids woot, for myself- an adult child. What else? I'm female. This is practically going against my gender, but holy jeez, this thing is cool. Not only is it shiny and produces light, but it makes super cool sounds too so I can pretend I really rock at flying the copter as I crash it into ordinary objects lying around my house!

Anyone have suggestions for cameras that may be light enough to be added onto it without any issues?



You can add a cheap camera onto small copters like this to record and then view later. I'm not positive these copters would have enough power/stability to handle that, but here's a link to one: http://www.amazon.com/Chain-Camera-Video-Recorder-Camcorder/dp/B006WVL7HG

You'd have to take the camera/battery out of the keychain housing and find a way to rig it to your copter. Even if you did all this and got it to fly, you'd have to wait until you landed the copter and downloaded the video to view the footage.

If you're talking First Person View flying systems where you can literally fly the copter based on the video feed from the camera, you're looking at much more complex and expensive systems! Unless you've got some experience building and balancing copters, your best bet may be to buy an off the shelf kit with the camera (FPV or not) already built in.

I'm in the process of building an FPV setup on top of a much larger copter so I can start doing stuff like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dRe-wCO-PQ



Good luck!

j5


quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
NedDawg wrote:Sorry, but I'm not following the logic. I get that the 'copters have rechargeable batteries that can be charged via USB chargers. But what's this about a built-in charger and its effect on battery life?
Note: my original post was edited in an attempt to add clarity.

The controller has a charging cable. Using is sucks batteries to nothing very quickly. The controller itself uses very little power.

whynotus wrote:If you're talking First Person View flying systems where you can literally fly the copter based on the video feed from the camera, you're looking at much more complex and expensive systems! Unless you've got some experience building and balancing copters, your best bet may be to buy an off the shelf kit with the camera (FPV or not) already built in.

I'm in the process of building an FPV setup on top of a much larger copter so I can start doing stuff like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dRe-wCO-PQ

Drones R Us?

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

whynotus


quality posts: 1 Private Messages whynotus
j5 wrote:Drones R Us?



Exactly :D

Too bad the state I'm in doesn't allow any kind of RC flying. Will have to drive several hours each way just to get this damn thing in the air legally!

j5


quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
whynotus wrote:Exactly :D

Too bad the state I'm in doesn't allow any kind of RC flying. Will have to drive several hours each way just to get this damn thing in the air legally!

The whole state? Really?

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

omoomo


quality posts: 16 Private Messages omoomo

My boys got these as gifts.

They are easy to use and fairly robust in terms of construction. We added some tape to the noses to level out the flight and now my 7 year old can fly them without any trouble at all.

Two things to consider.

1. They are affected by the wind quite easily...almost to the point that they really should be considered indoor toys.

2. The "fighting" feature isn't much fun, nor does it work very well...so if you are buying these to fly around...you'll be happy...if you are focusing on the toy to toy dogfighting feature of the toy, you'll likely be disappointed.