3%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

bnbsouthworth

quality posts: 57 Private Messages bnbsouthworth

The one I had was Fisher Price, but this looks like a similar design. Actually maybe the cross-bars would be an improvement in stability.

But I highly recommend the cradle-swing to every new Mom I meet. My son loved it so much -- it put him to sleep every time he was in it. And he would sleep *forever*. I actually had to turn it off so he would wake up to eat. The side-swing motion is more natural to babies than the front-to-back swing.

Think about it -- when you see a Mom holding a baby and swaying (like we always do), do they sway front-to-back? I would think that would induce vomiting!

Great baby shower gift!

selune13

quality posts: 3 Private Messages selune13
bnbsouthworth wrote:The one I had was Fisher Price, but this looks like a similar design. Actually maybe the cross-bars would be an improvement in stability.

But I highly recommend the cradle-swing to every new Mom I meet. My son loved it so much -- it put him to sleep every time he was in it. And he would sleep *forever*. I actually had to turn it off so he would wake up to eat. The side-swing motion is more natural to babies than the front-to-back swing.

Think about it -- when you see a Mom holding a baby and swaying (like we always do), do they sway front-to-back? I would think that would induce vomiting!

Great baby shower gift!

Well, WE sway side to side, but when holding baby horizontally, OUR side to side motion is really BABY's front to back motion. If we're in a rocker, then that's more of a side to side motion for baby. Either way: baby rocking.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3914 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

check out this review from momspotted.com

http://momspotted.com/2012/04/pembrook-ingenuity-by-bright-starts-cradle-sway-swing-review-giveaway.html

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3914 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

and look at these great reviews from target.com

http://www.target.com/p/ingenuity-cradle-sway-swing-in-pembrook-fashion/-/A-13946307#prodSlot=medium_1_6&term=ingenuity

alth0017

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alth0017

targets reviews say they short changed recent shoppers and there is no AC adapter in the box.
Thunderthighs...can you crack open the box and make sure there is an AC adapter in this? I am hoping to avoid setting myself up for disappointment like when woot advertised the kids tablet, or last night with my lady...both left me severely broken :-) .

marista99

quality posts: 1 Private Messages marista99

We have this swing and I love it. It's incredibly quiet and baby seems to find it comfy.

Only problem we have had is a wire that became disconnected in the control arm. Once I saw what was wrong it was easy to fix, but I had to fix that connection multiple times.

marista99

quality posts: 1 Private Messages marista99
alth0017 wrote:targets reviews say they short changed recent shoppers and there is no AC adapter in the box.
Thunderthighs...can you crack open the box and make sure there is an AC adapter in this? I am hoping to avoid setting myself up for disappointment like when woot advertised the kids tablet, or last night with my lady...both left me severely broken :-) .

If the description says it has an AC adapter, it should come with one of course. But we never had one for ours and in 6 months of daily use never had to put in new batteries, so I wouldn't call the adapter a necessity.

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1077 Private Messages whatsamattaU

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 177 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

alth0017 wrote:targets reviews say they short changed recent shoppers and there is no AC adapter in the box.

Sorry for the late reply.
We don't necessarily have access to the units since we're not at the warehouse.
The tablet was an honest...hiccup
Your wife/lady...I'm not sure how that's our fault...but put blame where blame belongs ;)

All "In The Box" accessories and items should accompany the purchase and be complete with your order. If you feel something is missing or have any questions/concerns with your order you're always welcome to email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com

SalsaShark42

quality posts: 9 Private Messages SalsaShark42

I ordered the battery-only one a few months ago. The whole AC adapter thing is overblown...this thing doesn't use much juice--if you have to change the batteries more than twice a year, I'd be shocked.

That said, there's a significant issue with this swing where the bar that supports the seat isn't level. It tilts downward 10-15 degrees. Not a big deal if you're doing the side-to-side swinging, but if you turn the seat 90 degrees, the child is tilted and doesn't stay comfortable for long.

Have received zero help from the manufacturer, so it's a bit of a bummer. As a result, we hardly use it anymore as he prefers the back-and-forth motion to the side-to-side.

So--if you get this, check if the seat post is level/parallel with the ground. If not, I'd contact Woot.

lacksfocus

quality posts: 4 Private Messages lacksfocus

It's also $99 on Amazon in a different color. Free shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/Bright-Starts-InGenuity-Cradle-Swing/dp/B004G8QT16