WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Mom. Mom. Mommy. Mom. Mommy. Mommy. Mommy. Mommy.
  • 61.6% - WHAAAAAAAT???!!! 582
  • 13.5% - This. 128
  • 9% - I’m not listening. I’m not listening. Na na na nanana. 85
  • 12% - Will you excuse me? I need to go gouge my ear drums. 113
  • 3.9% - Other (comments, please) 37
945 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

k4th3r1n3

quality posts: 17 Private Messages k4th3r1n3

My kid doesn't have to say it more than once usually. My husband and I remember our Moms ignoring us when we said "Mom", and we both decided we wouldn't do that to our kids. If she interrupts we stop and tell her to wait, otherwise there's no reason not to respond. I wouldn't do that to anyone else, so I'm not gonna do it to her.

tiler100

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiler100

No, son. I'm dad.

qphysics

quality posts: 0 Private Messages qphysics

Usually after my daughter says, "Mommy" 2 or 3 times, I ask my wife why she doesn't stop the stupid facebook games and answer.

FrostByte

quality posts: 12 Private Messages FrostByte

Happy it's not Dad. Dad. Daddy. Dad. Daddy. Daddy. Daddy. Daddy.

Charter Member (0002314) - Friend of the Official Crappraiser Get your Official Crappraisal today.

woot 56 wine 5 shirt 35 sellout 12 kids 27 hh 2 moofi 3 home 7 sport 6
electronics 3 pop 4 tools 2 a&w 4 computers 0 total 166

hoomgar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hoomgar

Honey, if mommy doesn't answer right away it means she is busy, you need to be patient and either wait for her to answer, or go see if she needs some help.

SumDuud

quality posts: 21 Private Messages SumDuud
tiler100 wrote:No, son. I'm dad.

^ This. lol

I usually respond with their name over and over and over and over and over... Taking it way past the level they did and then pause and let them start and then I start again. Then I get a chuckle and say go ahead and then it's either nevermind, I forgot, or whatever was so important.
Yep I'm that kind of dad.

Let's see the quality impulse buys!
Wooter to blame for sellout: SumDuud
Sellout time: 8:11:25 AM Central Time

jtmacc99

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jtmacc99
FrostByte wrote:Happy it's not Dad. Dad. Daddy. Dad. Daddy. Daddy. Daddy. Daddy.

This was my first thought. Then I realized that making Mommy annoyed is WAY worse for Daddy.

aarmi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aarmi

what's best is when it happens, and i go, "WHAAAAAAAT?", they'll make me feel like an arsehole and say, "i love you." DAMMIT!

rehta

quality posts: 6 Private Messages rehta

What, nobody mentions the Family Guy reference? For shame.

-Heather (First Burgandy Olfactory Center 12/6/11)

The DarkSide

quality posts: 0 Private Messages The DarkSide

It's DAD!!!

deadeye37

quality posts: 3 Private Messages deadeye37

My wife's reply:

"Mommy went to Mexico."

donslin

quality posts: 3 Private Messages donslin

Hmmm, Katherine's is the only really good answer.
The one about explaining about interupting is good too, as long as the kid doesn't have an emergency and you haven't already explained more than 2 or 3 times before.

qphysics sounds like divorce court is on the horizon

And the one who said ask mommy if she needs help is beyond ridiculous for a 3 or 4 year old. A 16 year old, fine, but then they would not likely be the ones repeating over and over like a toddler does.

The dad who does it back and overdoes it: that's funny......once

Unless you're in the middle of something, why would you not answer your child when he/she
says your name the first time?
And unless they are calling you from another room or somewhere that they can't see you, why has the child not been taught not to interrupt?

Yah katherine!

fhrcreations75155

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fhrcreations75155

Being the Grandmother, I can just sit back, point, and laugh at my daughter. Man, Karma really is a b*tch! ;)

SunflowerPrincess

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SunflowerPrincess
aarmi wrote:what's best is when it happens, and i go, "WHAAAAAAAT?", they'll make me feel like an arsehole and say, "i love you." DAMMIT!

yeah, this. get's you right in the heart!!

Oops, my Tiara slipped!

karmajoy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages karmajoy

I have a sneaking suspicion some of you don't have kids who are at this stage...

This actually took place this morning:
Mom!
What?
Mom!
What?
Mom!
WHAT?!
Preston was breathing too loud and I couldn't say what I wanted to say!
You just said that so what did you want to say?
Mom?
What?!
He did it again...

I knew everything about parenting before I had kids who starting exercising their free will, too...so I don't judge you.

Karma Watters

pusas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pusas

...it's mama.... ma-ma..... and smile... :-)

SunflowerPrincess

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SunflowerPrincess

My kids do this at a rapid fire pace, leaving me no response time. Still my usual response is, "Yes honey, I'm right here. What do you need?" said kindly the first few times in the day.

Then by early evening and this has been going on all day for everything they want, need and with the rapid fire "Mom, Mom, Mommy, Mommy, Mom,Mom,Mom, MOM! Mommy..." I have to interrupt them and say "What!! I'm right here, just talk to me!!"

Oops, my Tiara slipped!

pukkayellie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pukkayellie

Maelie, Maelie, Mae, Mae, Mae!

jtmacc99

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jtmacc99
donslin wrote:
Unless you're in the middle of something, why would you not answer your child when he/she
says your name the first time?
And unless they are calling you from another room or somewhere that they can't see you, why has the child not been taught not to interrupt?

These questions would only make sense in the case of a family where this happens every day.

Parents are not perfect individuals who are 100% capable of putting aside every worry, every task, every thought swirling around in our heads at the very first call of Mommy or Daddy from the other room. In the rare case that I get to the third or fourth Daddy, it's probably because I'm busy making dinner, trying to help the other one with his or her homework, thinking about feeding the dogs, something that happened at work, worrying about paying bills, wondering if my parents were okay, and two or three other things.

k4th3r1n3

quality posts: 17 Private Messages k4th3r1n3
karmajoy wrote:I have a sneaking suspicion some of you don't have kids who are at this stage...

This actually took place this morning:
Mom!
What?
Mom!
What?
Mom!
WHAT?!
Preston was breathing too loud and I couldn't say what I wanted to say!
You just said that so what did you want to say?
Mom?
What?!
He did it again...

I knew everything about parenting before I had kids who starting exercising their free will, too...so I don't judge you.

Ok, just so you know where I'm coming from, I've worked with a LOT of children over a span of many years before I had my own, I'm really not just full of crap! Not every kid goes through that stage, he's probably what, 5-7 years? Try this, after you've responded with "What?" the first or second time, say something along the lines of, "You have my attention, what do you want to tell me?" It may sound dumb but it worked for me every time on several different kids from different families and backgrounds. The only kid it didn't work on was later diagnosed with Turrets Syndrome, so that one doesn't count.

ambergreen

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ambergreen

Mawm?
Yes?
Mom?
What is it?
Mom, guess what?
Chicken butt?

That's all he really wants me to say.