WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Summer Infant Gates

You don't have to trap your kids in these gates and then charge admission while selling sno-cones, but you can. That might be illegal. Actually, yes, that's very likely illegal. But if you want to try it, here are the gates and fences that could do the trick.

Jacobey000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jacobey000

The features on these are pretty spellbinding.

aloha2lynn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aloha2lynn

Ummm...dimensions? Specs?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Whoopsie. I don't think you were supposed to see that.

UPDATE: They're working on them now. Please stand by.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

Adelas

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Adelas

I don't have any of these models, but I did buy an extending model made by this company, in order to divide a room when my kids were really little. It was very sturdy and stood up to a lot of beating and hanging. The door was easy for me to open, but hard for the kids. I would definitely buy from this company again.

(the one I have: http://www.summerinfant.com/Products/Safety-Care/Security-Gates-Playard/Sure-Secure%C2%AE-Custom-Fit-Gate.aspx)

Gnomercy

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Gnomercy

Beating and hanging? Stranger Danger.

traquy

quality posts: 54 Private Messages traquy

we had the playsafe play yard when my daughter was little and loved it. For a while I used it outside on the deck with a big blanket under it and her toys in there. She would play happily while I did stuff outside, or just hung out. When winter came we moved it inside to block our pellet stove and one entry to our living room (it blocked both when unfolded with a side table holding it up). Easier to keep track of the kiddo with only one way out/into the living room.

These are also quality gates, WAY better than the plastic ones and worth the money especially if you want something that looks nicer. These are pretty good prices.

bella12977

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bella12977

Can anyone confirm how wide these gates get? I need to fit a doorway that is 51". Both the 6' expansion gate and metal & wood walk thru gate list the same width dimensions. Unless I am reading it wrong... Thx!

wmaincmt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wmaincmt

That corral looks to be over capacity...where is the fire marshal....who's going to fire the doorman?

It's like whoa!

ThunderThighs

Staff

bella12977 wrote:Can anyone confirm how wide these gates get? I need to fit a doorway that is 51". Both the 6' expansion gate and metal & wood walk thru gate list the same width dimensions. Unless I am reading it wrong... Thx!

I'm emailing to get those checked. Thanks for pointing it out.

EDIT: It's fixed. It should fit openings 44” to 72” wide.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

lnjelinek

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lnjelinek

These are also great for animals/keeping them in or out of certain areas. But beware, some dogs can jump and some cats can jump and squeeze through (crazy detached collarbones). I know that for some of us, animals are our babies (CAT LADY FOR LIFE!) Walk through gates are a great thing.

ThunderThighs

Staff

lnjelinek wrote:These are also great for animals/keeping them in or out of certain areas. But beware, some dogs can jump and some cats can jump and squeeze through (crazy detached collarbones). I know that for some of us, animals are our babies (CAT LADY FOR LIFE!) Walk through gates are a great thing.

LOL, I had a little kangaroo of a dog that would jump over a tall gate. Not climb, jump and clear it. I hung a cafe Valance on a dowel to add another 12". Dang dog still cleared it.

Then I attached paper plates to the top to throw her off. Didn't make it any taller, just threw her off when trying to get her jump on.

That finally held her.

FORUM MODERATOR

johnt007871

quality posts: 8 Private Messages johnt007871

Is it just me or do the wood and metal ones have the same height, even though one is extra tall?

I assume extra tall means like 36" ? Can you please confirm the heights on these, pretty please?

adamsfamily2011

quality posts: 1 Private Messages adamsfamily2011

Check out the story about the Dionne quints that were born back in the 30's - they had a WHOLE compound devoted to them.

sprousehouse

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sprousehouse

In regards to the "Summer Infant Sure&Secure™ Single Bedrail" I'm confused on the "deal" here it is $36 + $5 shipping, so total cost of $41. But if I wonder over to Amazon, and click on buying it from Amazon, it's $39.99 with free shipping. I thought Woot was the "deal" side of Amazon. What am I missing?

joeldennis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joeldennis

For those times where you really need a cage for your kids?

Michele0974

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Michele0974
joeldennis wrote:For those times where you really need a cage for your kids?

Is there ever a time you don't need a cage for little kids? :P

These prices are a bit high, you can get these for less on Amazon but as far as quality they are awesome and will hold up to young kids who are on a mission to break free.

cleverogre

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cleverogre
johnt007871 wrote:Is it just me or do the wood and metal ones have the same height, even though one is extra tall?

I assume extra tall means like 36" ? Can you please confirm the heights on these, pretty please?

Anyone confirm, please?! Both wood gates have the same height of 30" listed.

zmanda

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zmanda
cleverogre wrote:Anyone confirm, please?! Both wood gates have the same height of 30" listed.

Yea I was confused too. I looked it up on amazon, the extra tall is 36 inches.

cleverogre

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cleverogre
zmanda wrote:Yea I was confused too. I looked it up on amazon, the extra tall is 36 inches.

Thank you, Zmanda!

drunkenalien

quality posts: 46 Private Messages drunkenalien

Dang it, I'm lat again.

I was so looking forward to buying the baby MMA Fighter Arena to start holding some events in my area.

lnjelinek

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lnjelinek
ThunderThighs wrote:LOL, I had a little kangaroo of a dog that would jump over a tall gate. Not climb, jump and clear it. I hung a cafe Valance on a dowel to add another 12". Dang dog still cleared it.

Then I attached paper plates to the top to throw her off. Didn't make it any taller, just threw her off when trying to get her jump on.

That finally held her.

hahaha!

I have a cat with a complex (himalayan) and my roommate has a fat cat (a year after she had kittens, I don't consider it baby weight) and a dog. When time came that my roommate had to get a gate of her own, it was one with bars on it that her cat couldn't climb. While jumping over proved difficult if not impossible for her cat, she decided that since her whiskers and collarbone fit through the bars, surely the rest of her would fit. Surprisingly she did manage to wiggle through but it would have been equivalent to something seen on the Seaworld Harlem Shake video.

This video isn't my roommate's cat but you get the idea... Amusing to watch but defeats the purpose of the gate.

cebii

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cebii

We use the estra tall and wide one as a door to the gameroom. It looks pretty good and keeps the dogs out. My dogs are old and way not brave enough to try climbing or jumping over.

thedevin

quality posts: 3 Private Messages thedevin

These work great if you want to open a toddler petting zoo.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

thedevin wrote:These work great if you want to open a toddler petting zoo.

i see you read my proposal!

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.