12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

mrunnertville

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mrunnertville

About $30 on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Lock-piece-Military-Construction-Green/dp/B006H4WXAI

Amazon reviews suggests the pieces take a bit of effort to snap together.

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

I feel like I should be wary of these.

Why be wary of these instead of those silly green army men?

Because they're military lego knock-offs with slightly more powerful looking weapons that are NOT swords, crossbows, or silly lazer guns.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3670 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

lots of comments from when this was sold back in August

http://kids.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5118924

momto4plus4

quality posts: 2 Private Messages momto4plus4

Awful product! Pieces don't fit together and break easily. My son begged me to never buy this brand again because he was so upset with how frustrating the pieces were.

toycardriver

quality posts: 3 Private Messages toycardriver

Just walk away. These aren't the bricks to buy, no matter the price.

bobdo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bobdo

lego FTW...

bsmith1

quality posts: 104 Private Messages bsmith1
Moueska wrote:...they're military lego knock-offs with slightly more powerful looking weapons that are NOT swords, crossbows, or silly lazer guns.

So you're saying buy this for the guns and use them with your regular lego men?

Boxymoron

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Boxymoron

There was a critique video on one of the previous sales where the kid who built it wasn't impressed. The little concrete bunker didn't even have building instructions.

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska
bsmith1 wrote:So you're saying buy this for the guns and use them with your regular lego men?

If you insist.

A1cntrler

quality posts: 3 Private Messages A1cntrler

My son won about 15 sets of these in a "Lego" Raffle Basket they had at his school (Yes, it said he was buying raffle tickets for Legos") and not one of those sets was a pleasure to build. The pieces broke easily, and good luck if you had to put two of them side by side on the same base. They're not going to fit. Saw these in Big Lots's a week or so ago as well. If you wish to torture parents, get these for their kids as gifts.

wingnutzero

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wingnutzero

Even as a kid, I hated Megaforce with the white hot intensity of a thousand suns. I believe the sight of Barry Bostwick using helium balloons as target practice for cycle-mounted rocket launchers was a key element contributing to the wussification of America.

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys

Please don't torture kids with these, you want to encourage their imagination and creativity not discourage it. Instructions on best lock sets are horrible, the bricks come weirdly arranged (if at all), and they don't fit together well.

Smillow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Smillow

I bought a similar set of Best-Lock on super clearance last year - they do not stay together! I paid @2.50, so I got what I paid for, these are overpriced for the quality!

dawkdd756

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dawkdd756

No, no, no, no, no, no. These are awful. Terribly hard to out together, terribly frustrating to force the pieces together, terribly difficult to understand the directions. Did I mention they were terrible? Do. Not. Buy.

Gladeye

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Gladeye

Legos cost a lot more, but they are also a lot better. It stinks that Legos cost so much, but nothing compares in quality. Lego doesn't own the patent to their basic brick designs anymore, so anyone can make compatible bricks. Tyco, Megabloks, and I'm sure these, are NOT fun because they are shabby. You'll be glad you paid more for the real deal. And if you take good care of them, you'll enjoy the pleasure of reselling them when your kids outgrow them and all the sets they had are no longer being sold. Hunt around ebay and Amazon and you'll be amazed at how often those suckers skyrocket in value. (Don't ask me how I addictively know all this!)

sheilby

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sheilby

Have your kids been misbehaving? If so this is the perfect gift to say, "see, this is what happens when you piss mommy off". Other than that I'm not sure what use they have. Our Best-Lock set have been relegated to the sand box so they don't accidentally mix with their cool Lego cousins.

pops1418

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pops1418

Disappointment reigns!

Keep training those babies to grease the wheels of the military complex.
SICKKKKK!

sflesch

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sflesch

Thanks for all the comments. I think I bought the Kinnex power shovel from Woot once and my son got a Kre-o set. The Kinnex never stays together and the tracks broke. The Kreo says its compatible, but my son but one of his Lego heads in a Kre-o helmet and now its stuck there.
All of your comments (nd my experience) have convinced me to avoid these and all other Lego knock-offs like the plague.

Why is it that everytime I click I want one", Woot makes me buy it? Don't they ever just want to know that, "Yes, I want one?" http://www.sflesch.com

hidavi

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hidavi

WOW, you guys hate these things!

I didn't know someone could be bad at making little plastic bricks lol

mippolito

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mippolito

I bought 2 of these sets from Woot last year and gave them to my kids as a gift. The pieces from this set don't fit together very well, leaving gaps between them. Yes, they are compatible with Legos, but the fit between the two brands is pretty loose. The plastic is thinner than Legos and the pieces are more flexible as a result. They're actually easier to take apart than Legos for this reason. For this price I guess they're not bad but the quality of these is frustrating if you're used to the high quality of Legos.

luke975

quality posts: 14 Private Messages luke975
conanthelibrarian wrote:lots of comments from when this was sold back in August

http://kids.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5118924

I want thank you for that link. I haven't laughed that much in a long time.

to the woot staff member that screwed up the back2skool code so I could get a lot of nice things for free - thank you.

luke975

quality posts: 14 Private Messages luke975
pops1418 wrote:Disappointment reigns!

Keep training those babies to grease the wheels of the military complex.
SICKKKKK!

lol. it's a toy.

to the woot staff member that screwed up the back2skool code so I could get a lot of nice things for free - thank you.

pennyfromheaven

quality posts: 12 Private Messages pennyfromheaven

The quality is awful and not fun BUT, my son likes the tracks to use to make tanks so he uses those on his legos. You can glue the pieces together when building to keep them in place ( super glue) I have 6 boys from 27 to 8 , real legos are an investment and last a very long time and are worth the extra cost.

frostykev

quality posts: 2 Private Messages frostykev

I bought a similar set from woot a while back. My kids were a little young for them so they sat in a box till they got older. We recently built them, and these kits SUCK. They are awful. The reason? The pieces are not uniform, some don't fit at all. The instructions are not good, sometimes skipping a step. There is no organization of parts like Lego does, ie use Bag 1/2/3 to build this, which means you have to open multiple bags to find all the parts.

Just know what you are buying.

dnebel514

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dnebel514

Same as other negative reviews. Ended up gluing the pieces together...and they still don't get played with much. Bought 2 sets...one in desert sand and the other traditional green color. Built one set and haven't touched the other yet. I'd be embarrassed to give this set away as a gift.

margaretvv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages margaretvv

what is "creative" and "educationall" about giving children toys that are replicas of things that are buildt to kill...........disgusting

djdeelio

quality posts: 1 Private Messages djdeelio

Junk, just finished throwing them away an hour ago. Stick with Lego.

mistamoose

quality posts: 30 Private Messages mistamoose
wingnutzero wrote:Even as a kid, I hated Megaforce with the white hot intensity of a thousand suns. I believe the sight of Barry Bostwick using helium balloons as target practice for cycle-mounted rocket launchers was a key element contributing to the wussification of America.

It was an entertaining movie though.

"The good guys always win. Even in the 80's."

ldsmom7566

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ldsmom7566
margaretvv wrote:what is "creative" and "educationall" about giving children toys that are replicas of things that are buildt to kill...........disgusting

RELAXXXXXxxxxx! It's ONLY a TOY! Although it may NOT be a toy that YOU yourself 'like, or approve of', does NOT make it, or mean it's a 'disgusting' toy. If you don't like, or want it don't buy it. Just don't. And ALWAYS REMEMBER that YOU have the FREEDOM and CHOICE to just go onto another webpage instead of staying on this particular one and getting yourself all worked up, BECAUSE OF any actual items, and heroic soldiers that these TOYS may represent.
What I had gathered from your post, you were wondering why there are toys such as these even made, and how can they be creative, or educational. I can answer that for you from my own personal experience. My own children are extremely patriotic, and very informed individuals. They are all very up to date with the world's current events. They follow politics, watch the news, and seek out webpages where they can learn more about the world they live in. (BTW, EACH of them do so by their OWN CHOICE, and NOT because they are 'made to', or 'urged to' by either myself, or my wife.-In case you were 'wondering'.) That being said, they DO KNOW what is going on around them, and realize the DIFFERENCE between 'just a TOY' and the 'real thing'. However, they are also children who enjoy using their imaginations, and creativity. So, if they choose to 'play war' with a 'lego type' of block, as their parent it is okay with me, and I do NOT think it is something 'disgusting'. Instead, I feel it is something that is exercising their minds, imaginations, and allowing them to create, and improve each of their own fine motor skill dexterity's. So yes, in those respects I certainly do think that these can be, and are educational items/toys, which can also help each of them to become even more creative individuals than they already are.

messymike

quality posts: 0 Private Messages messymike

Save your money and put it towards the real Legos! I have Legos from 15 years ago and they are still in perfect condition in a storage bin just waiting for my 2 year old son to come of age.

I got 2 of these last time and put them together, they literally fall apart at the slightest touch and I, a 23 year old Lego veteran was frustrated at how terrible the quality is and was ready to just throw them all in the trash! The quality is so terrible that it prompted me to make my first post on woot! Seriously just put the money towards a decent box of Legos, they will last far longer and bring much more enjoyment!

pennst8mary

quality posts: 9 Private Messages pennst8mary

Wow, I don't think I've ever seen anything on Woot that people hated more than this building set! I'm afraid we'll be seeing these in the next wootoff...and the next one....and the next one....

NapalmDeath

quality posts: 2 Private Messages NapalmDeath

These sets are Chinese. Best Lock has been making blocks nearly as long as that other company. Both brands are knock offs of kiddicraft bricks.

That being said, these are made of a slightly different plastic than the leaders. They do have their place. For the price, they can't be beat. Lots of flat pieces and cool extra parts you can use with your other bricks.

Being that these are Chinese, don't expect perfect pieces. Don't expect your sets to come with all the pieces. On average I'm missing 2 or 3 pieces in each set. Don't expect perfect instructions.

BTW: The Lego set I had recently bought had things pictured on the box with NO instructions how to build them. Sometimes you do need to use that thing above your shoulders for more than a hat rack.

Homercles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Homercles

Simply horrible quality Chinese knock-offs.

Not worth it. However they will desensitize your children to eventual Chinese occupation.

melvinfields

quality posts: 2 Private Messages melvinfields

Please listen to the naysayers and stay away from Best Lock, they are junk! If you must buy an alternative to Lego, do a Google search for Enlighten or Kazi building blocks, you will find some decent kits for cheap price, but Lego still is best, but does not offer the military kits