WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

KIDKRAFT Toddler Beds

We had it all ready to go. It sounded so cool. Spacecraft: the Toddler Beds. Well, that was until we put one of our flying monkeys on their to test it out and learned that it was an actual spacecraft. We haven't seen the bed since that day, so we decided to go with KIDKRAFT instead.

marquis1photo

quality posts: 3 Private Messages marquis1photo

106.00$ with free shipping at amazon. So maybe better to get there if you have prime.

http://www.amazon.com/KidKraft-Slatted-Toddler-Bed-Honey/dp/B00592BOU4

Buckycubes and misc kids.woots.
I love woot-offs

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 499 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

We just lowered the price to $85 to make this a better deal.

Now, go buy three.... if you have triplets.

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613

I understand why toddler beds are closer to the ground. But why do they have slats by the kid's heads? Couldn't someone lose a nose or ear that way?

eq5150

quality posts: 6 Private Messages eq5150
mjc613 wrote:I understand why toddler beds are closer to the ground. But why do they have slats by the kid's heads? Couldn't someone lose a nose or ear that way?

That's exactly what I thought when I saw it. Looks like kids with that boat bed may have CPS knocking on their door about the bumps and bruises.

They need to make a dinosaur bed....that's safe.

cdaligou

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cdaligou
mjc613 wrote:I understand why toddler beds are closer to the ground. But why do they have slats by the kid's heads? Couldn't someone lose a nose or ear that way?

To keep their pillows from falling off the bed? Just a theory, since my daughter sleeps in a regular twin and her pillow is pretty much always on the floor. ;)

traquy

quality posts: 47 Private Messages traquy

If you have limited space (like you need a bed that will fit exactly where the crib was) then these are a good deal and well made. But, if you have the space skip the toddler bed and just go with a nice platform (low to the ground) twin. My daughter went straight to a platform twin at 18 months and we never looked back.

mlk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mlk

"Durable MDF construction"

Ha, durable like compressed paper mixed with formaldehyde.

I guess it's cool if you don't mind off-gassing. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medium-density_fibreboard#Safety_concerns

lstaff

quality posts: 196 Private Messages lstaff

I really wish they would call these Small Beds, and not toddler beds. These beds can be used for far longer than toddler-hood!!!!

Don't ask me how i know.