0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

Jertyrael

quality posts: 21 Private Messages Jertyrael

Why are the coolest things always on kids.woot?

"Woot and all our various sites will continue to be an independently operated company full of horrible, useless products and an untalented jerkface writing staff, same as it ever was." -- Matt Rutledge

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3325 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

great reviews (4.3 out of 5.0)over at amazon

http://www.amazon.com/RC-Remote-Controlled-UFO-Large/dp/B00A4PK8JE

lichme

quality posts: 2750 Private Messages lichme
Jertyrael wrote:Why are the coolest things always on kids.woot?

Because we dont wanna grow up? We are a woot-r-us kid?

Wish they did a field test video with this. It looks quite fun.

slapo12

quality posts: 2 Private Messages slapo12

I got one of these from microcenter a few months ago. They really are a lot of fun! The controller takes an obscene number of batteries, but the UFO charges directly from either it or by plugging it into a computer.

It takes a little while to get used to the flight controls (hovering, etc.) and a really useful tip is that the blinky LED light is the "front" of the craft, which lets you know how to steer.

It's a very forgiving toy that can stand up to a lot of abuse!

peterbj

quality posts: 2 Private Messages peterbj

I found whole bunch of these on Amazon as well.

http://www.amazon.com/Skymaster-3-channel-Infrared-Control-Charger/dp/B009HYUAMI

http://www.amazon.com/Model-Trial-Design-Military-Helicopter/dp/B008O7CP2M

http://www.amazon.com/ROBOTIC-3-Channel-Flying-Ball-Helicopter/dp/B0090RM2WS

It is $29 with prime shipping. That beats woot. I think woot can and will do better...

[MOD: Different brands, construction.]

majorwest

quality posts: 13 Private Messages majorwest

Cool little video

[MOD: Looks to be a different model/construction but useful none the less.]

WayGroovy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages WayGroovy

I think this is an actual youtube video. Complete with nearly 3 seconds of "flight".

-WayGroovy

dcallen24

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dcallen24
conanthelibrarian wrote:great reviews (4.3 out of 5.0)over at amazon

http://www.amazon.com/RC-Remote-Controlled-UFO-Large/dp/B00A4PK8JE

If you notice on Amazon.com the dimensions are half the size of the woot, so I'm not sure that this is a fair price comparison.

David Allen

jeffcazier

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jeffcazier
peterbj wrote:I found whole bunch of these on Amazon as well. ...

It is $29 with prime shipping. That beats woot. I think woot can and will do better...

[MOD: Different brands, construction.]

Actually, this WOOT deal beats A'zon, since it includes two extra tailblades, two extra rotorblades, PLUS a screwdriver (~$6 value) in this bundle. THIS Woot deal is actually the best.

I'm IN for one!

woodzter

quality posts: 1 Private Messages woodzter

can you fly two of these at once or do the controls work each other's? Can you fly them "against" each other in a sort of battle or race?

lloyd woodward

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 560 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dcallen24 wrote:If you notice on Amazon.com the dimensions are half the size of the woot, so I'm not sure that this is a fair price comparison.

David Allen

I saw that too but if you read the description, they give the correct dimensions (that match ours).

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

tgspec

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tgspec

"Crash resistant caging allows this R/C to fly anywhere, and crash into anything without damage"

**um...everything except ceiling fans**

xninjagrrl

quality posts: 7 Private Messages xninjagrrl
tgspec wrote:"Crash resistant caging allows this R/C to fly anywhere, and crash into anything without damage"

**um...everything except ceiling fans**

So your kid can have fun for 7 min at a time...

Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.

bret4000

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bret4000

I have one similar to this. The kids can fly it a lot more than a regular copter because it will keep flying while it bumps around the room. a regular copter will instantly crash when the blades hit something. It is a lot of fun!

dtumd

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dtumd
woodzter wrote:can you fly two of these at once or do the controls work each other's? Can you fly them "against" each other in a sort of battle or race?

just looking at the picture, the controller seems to have 3 channels. which would mean you can fly 3 at the same time in theory.

janwpb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages janwpb

Did I read the specs right? An hour to charge and then 7 minutes use? are those minimums?

jeffcazier

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jeffcazier

To: Woot Moderator---

Your specs for this toy say that you get TWO spare tailblades in this bundle, but the thumbnail-photo of the entire bundle only shows *ONE* tailblade (lying in-between the screwdriver and the TWO spare rotorblades).

So which is it? Thx!

fightingpillow

quality posts: 5 Private Messages fightingpillow
janwpb wrote:Did I read the specs right? An hour to charge and then 7 minutes use? are those minimums?

This was going to be my question too. 7 minutes of flight every hour is a deal-breaker. Sorry woot.

flyerpretender

quality posts: 1 Private Messages flyerpretender
dtumd wrote:just looking at the picture, the controller seems to have 3 channels. which would mean you can fly 3 at the same time in theory.

i think the 3 channels refer to the controlling channels such as throttle, "tail rotor", and pitch... so that still leaves the original question unanswered.... can you still play aerial bumper ball with 2 of these.. hahahah

Bigscout79

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bigscout79
fightingpillow wrote:This was going to be my question too. 7 minutes of flight every hour is a deal-breaker. Sorry woot.

This is quite the norm for today's rc heli technology. 7 minutes is continuous use and you're going to be landing/picking up/crawling behind the couch to retrieve this thing so you'll stretch that 7 minutes, but it is short. My point is this is not any different than you'll get in a $50 heli - just a reality of today's battery tech. When you get a little higher up into the 4 channels you can get replaceable(plug in) batteries and extend your flying time, but it's still about 5-10 per battery and a slow charge and cool down time. The slow non heating charge and cool down are what keep these batteries alive. I don't have any experience with this product but do own a small fleet of mini rc heli's.

slapo12

quality posts: 2 Private Messages slapo12
fightingpillow wrote:This was going to be my question too. 7 minutes of flight every hour is a deal-breaker. Sorry woot.

Yeah, it is a relatively short flight time and it should be improved. However, it is important to keep in mind that it is charged simply via USB, which might make it a nice indoor cubical toy to play around with occasionally.

MITCHELLWOOT

quality posts: 4 Private Messages MITCHELLWOOT
janwpb wrote:Did I read the specs right? An hour to charge and then 7 minutes use? are those minimums?

Helium baloons would help the fly time.

m1goodwin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages m1goodwin

Can it lift anything, like an action cam? How much can it lift?

dtumd

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dtumd
flyerpretender wrote:i think the 3 channels refer to the controlling channels such as throttle, "tail rotor", and pitch... so that still leaves the original question unanswered.... can you still play aerial bumper ball with 2 of these.. hahahah

no sir. there's a switch on the controller that you can see in the pictures. its got three settings - A B and C. its 3 different channels meaning you should be able to use three different copters with 3 different controllers at same time.

blinkyfish

quality posts: 4 Private Messages blinkyfish

These sold out pretty quick, glad I pulled the trigger before talking to my wife . I was in for 2!

blinkyfish

quality posts: 4 Private Messages blinkyfish

I've used the thing about 5 times now and suddenly it's started lurching violently forward...or maybe backwards...every time it gets into the air. Anyone else have this issue? Logic would indicate that it's not keeping itself balanced or that the little rotor on top isn't working. I could be wrong.

xkr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xkr

This thing is extremely disappointing...barely holds a charge and almost impossible to fly!

xkr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xkr
m1goodwin wrote:Can it lift anything, like an action cam? How much can it lift?

It can barely lift itself!