WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

K'NEX With Your Kids

You can dream about your kid making a fortune and then buying you a beautiful vacation home in Florida when you're ready to retire, or you can put the wheels in motion yourself. With these K'NEX toys, your child can train to become an architect before even knowing how to spell Frank Lloyd Wright.
K’NEX official site

cupcakelazers

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cupcakelazers

OH GOD.

Must... resist... buying... K'NEX... for myself.

Must... pay... rent.

AGGGGH! The agony!!!

dudeyzerman

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dudeyzerman

$499 set of K'NEX and they can't include 2 AA batteries?

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON
dudeyzerman wrote:$499 set of K'NEX and they can't include 2 AA batteries?

Batteries go bad on the shelf.

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

JOATMON

The video with the 6 foot double ferris wheel is NOT for the ferris wheel. You might want to point to the correct video or remove it.

(as of 2011-03-02)

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

JOATMON wrote:The video with the 6 foot double ferris wheel is NOT for the ferris wheel. You might want to point to the correct video or remove it.

Oh, thanks. I'll let them know asap.

UPDATE: And fixed.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

Staff

dudeyzerman wrote:$499 set of K'NEX and they can't include 2 AA batteries?

We got you covered.

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

JOATMON

ThunderThighs wrote:Oh, thanks. I'll let them know asap.

UPDATE: And fixed.

Videos of all four kits are available if you want to add them to their respective descriptions.

(as of 2011-03-02)

ThunderThighs

Staff

JOATMON wrote:Videos of all four kits are available if you want to add them to their respective descriptions.

I'll let him know. Thanks, JOATMON!

skinnermm

quality posts: 1 Private Messages skinnermm

While I've never assembled any of these massive sets, my son has gotten a few of the robots and smaller 'carnival' sets as gifts, and I can say without question

they were awful.

It seems like they are expertly designed and planned, then cheaply produced. The instructions are nightmarish (maybe we're spoiled by LEGO) and the pieces often require strange, precise 'bending'.

We gave up on K'NEX - they're just like a cruel tease to a child. You spend hours assembling and end up with a roller coaster that can't roll under its own power...

acewingman

quality posts: 6 Private Messages acewingman

I would only recommend getting the classic K'nex sets with the full sized pieces such as the pieces that come with the "Son of Serpent" coaster. You are exactly right about the newer style k'nex pieces.

I have at least 20 classic coaster sets and my kids and I love them. The newer sets that I have bought just sit in a box. We even have a Phoenix Fury Roller Coaster from grandma for Christmas that has not even been opened yet.

skinnermm wrote:While I've never assembled any of these massive sets, my son has gotten a few of the robots and smaller 'carnival' sets as gifts, and I can say without question

they were awful.

It seems like they are expertly designed and planned, then cheaply produced. The instructions are nightmarish (maybe we're spoiled by LEGO) and the pieces often require strange, precise 'bending'.

We gave up on K'NEX - they're just like a cruel tease to a child. You spend hours assembling and end up with a roller coaster that can't roll under its own power...