2%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

baybei

quality posts: 49 Private Messages baybei

This is the best looking digital camera I've seen in a long time! I feel like I need one.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3331 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

decent reviews (3.7 out of 5.0) over at amazon

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-LG10100-8MP-Digital-Camera/dp/B000E5LEH4

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 560 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Hey all,

Be sure to take a look over on Kids. We're selling Kid Size Hoodies for some of our shirt.woot designs.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

zeraphoto

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zeraphoto

Please tell me there's a setting to make the sound of Legos clicking together when it takes a photo.

I really don't need one, but it sure would look awesome on the shelf next to my vintage camera collection.

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys

So when you drop this does it shatter into hundreds of lego parts that you have to build back together...

psm321

quality posts: 20 Private Messages psm321

Is the bottom of the camera "LEGO'y"? (Can I snap it onto bricks?)

Edit: found this lone picture with the bottom on google images. I'd think more people would be interested in that angle.
http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/zsizo/item/10000069/

wootpapa

quality posts: 18 Private Messages wootpapa

Are we sure this is an 8MP camera and not a typo of the 3MP Lego camera? Amazon is selling both, and the only spec difference is the megapixels. Both hold 80 images, both have a 1.5" screen, both look the same on the outside, etc. I own the 3MP Lego camera and Woot's description is spot-on for my camera, except for the 5 extra megapixels.

Edit: A user 2 comments down indicates it is an 8MP camera. Googling the model number did turn up other sites listing it as such.

ben34105

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ben34105

Woot! read my mind! I was just telling my wife earlier today I wanted to buy my 2 yr old daughter a Lego digital camera.

It will fit in well with my Lego telephone. http://www.engadget.com/2004/09/09/deconstructing-the-telephone-lego-phone/

bhiga

quality posts: 18 Private Messages bhiga
wootpapa wrote:Are we sure this is an 8MP camera and not a typo of the 3MP Lego camera?

If the listed model number is correct (LG10100), then yes. That's the 8MP version.

Your 3MP version seems to be model number LG10002

Orcrist42

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Orcrist42

We were shopping for something like this a few years ago. Each of our kids get a camera around their 4th Christmas.

We ended up just getting low cost real digital cameras from kodak.

Most "kids" cameras are complete crap. They have tiny screens and no clarity of flash.

This looks like a nice hybrid between full function camera and a kids version. I like it.

I am considering it for my son.

However, "No extra SD cards are required" is not a feature. I would like it much better if it had swap-able memory cards.

8mp photos are about 24mb raw or 4mb compressed as a jpg. I am guessing this uses compression and has a 256mb or 512mb flash memory.

gravityisweak

quality posts: 27 Private Messages gravityisweak

After seeing this there's really no reason I cant just cover all the digital cameras I already own with lego bricks I also already own.

bhiga

Orcrist42 wrote:I am guessing this uses compression and has a 256mb or 512mb flash memory.

Specs say
Memory Capacity: 60 MB (55.4 MB free space)
thus implying 64MB flash memory.

But that would equate to a measly ~709 KB (0.6925 MB) per image...

bhiga

Does anyone know how the USB interface on this camera works? Is it just a USB storage, or is there a way to get a direct feed of the image like with a webcam?

rgriffin09

quality posts: 5 Private Messages rgriffin09

If I bought this camera, it would be an upgrade...
The digital camera I bought is 7 megapixels, and it was $400 about 6 to 8 years ago.. And now there's a camera made of children's building blocks better than mine... for $35.
X[

MissBehaving

quality posts: 12 Private Messages MissBehaving

Does anyone actually have this camera, and are you able to comment on the quality? The reviews on Amazon for the 3MP (not enough reviews of the 8MP) vary so widely that I don't know if I want to chance purchasing this.

yayobama

quality posts: 12 Private Messages yayobama
ThunderThighs wrote:Hey all,

Be sure to take a look over on Kids. We're selling Kid Size Hoodies for some of our shirt.woot designs.

But can they sell me hoodies *made out of* leggos like this camera?

azdarkknight

quality posts: 5 Private Messages azdarkknight
rgriffin09 wrote:If I bought this camera, it would be an upgrade...
The digital camera I bought is 7 megapixels, and it was $400 about 6 to 8 years ago.. And now there's a camera made of children's building blocks better than mine... for $35.
X[

My first cost me close to $1k and took floppy discs! Oh how I miss you Sony :o).
I love this Lego one, I would want to build it into a different shape though.....

Denimbear

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Denimbear
ThunderThighs wrote:Hey all,

Uh TT . Did you get lost Hunny ,Where do you think we is at now lol. I understand your overworked and need a vacation ;)

Btw the Link you posted. Don't work

Never Take for Granted what God Has given you so Freely , for tomorrow it maybe gone

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 95 Private Messages radi0j0hn

Cute, but what kind of cable does it have, oddball proprietary or something easily replaced when junior loses it? (Looks like a common one from what I can see?)

Also, it is using some ancient TWAIN driver system or can you just plug 'n play it in a PC or Mac?

How about software?

[I do have a popular page on my site listing five FREE image editing programs that are really quite good and range from really easy to fairly sophisticated.]

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

andrewtl

quality posts: 22 Private Messages andrewtl
psm321 wrote:Is the bottom of the camera "LEGO'y"? (Can I snap it onto bricks?)

Edit: found this lone picture with the bottom on google images. I'd think more people would be interested in that angle.
http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/zsizo/item/10000069/

I agree. great feature.

pfffft!

nicoble

quality posts: 5 Private Messages nicoble

it is a bad quality kids camera BUT the kids will go nuts over it anyways - it is lego, colorful and will appeal to big and small kids - jeez- thanks woot - had to order two to prevent camera wars ...
Cameras are the one item in this house that the kids love to play with - working or not, adult or kids version- cameras are always an instant hit

fivemtz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fivemtz

Does anyone know if I can manually stop down the aperture on this? I'm trying to teach my 5 year old some depth-of-field shots...

djk21108

quality posts: 1 Private Messages djk21108
fivemtz wrote:Does anyone know if I can manually stop down the aperture on this? I'm trying to teach my 5 year old some depth-of-field shots...

Let him enjoy a childhood before you turn him into a instagramming hipster!

I kid, I kid.

lichme

quality posts: 2756 Private Messages lichme

I would take it for what it is. A kids toy. Don't expect the greatest pictures from it, especially for the price, however it is unique and looks like a lot of fun.

ThunderThighs

Staff

yayobama wrote:But can they sell me hoodies *made out of* leggos like this camera?

No but ThinkGeek used to have a shirt that you could put LEGOs on. Right now they have a brick coffee mug and iPhone case.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

Staff

Denimbear wrote:Uh TT . Did you get lost Hunny ,Where do you think we is at now lol. I understand your overworked and need a vacation ;)

Btw the Link you posted. Don't work

Dagnabbit. Never put an ENTER before the URL. Thanks for letting me know about the link. Fixed.

roohan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages roohan
X[

I know, it's heartbreaking. But these days 6 - 8 years ago may as well be decades ago, as technology continues to leap in larger bounds.

gwartnet

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gwartnet
fivemtz wrote:Does anyone know if I can manually stop down the aperture on this? I'm trying to teach my 5 year old some depth-of-field shots...

Funniest post.

woottoady

quality posts: 33 Private Messages woottoady

This is awesome for clandestine picture taking. No one ever suspects this is a camera Of course you gotta be careful with that flasher thingy.

I keep one in the car for all those unexpected photo ops (Good afternoon Officer... is that your badge peeking out from your jacket...)

kinnick40

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kinnick40

HAHAHA! I love this! But I am a lego junkie. I don't need it, and would never use it as a camera, but it would go nicely with my star wars camera and my transforming Heineken can camera.

achoren

quality posts: 0 Private Messages achoren

Anyone know what age this is appropriate for? I've seen some reviews indicating 4 year olds are using it, some with 8 year olds. Thoughts beyond the standard 7-15 years of age?

landbgarza

quality posts: 0 Private Messages landbgarza
azdarkknight wrote:My first cost me close to $1k and took floppy discs! Oh how I miss you Sony :o).
I love this Lego one, I would want to build it into a different shape though.....

Yeah, i miss my old FD78 Sony. It took better pictures than my new camera and only had 1.3 Mp.

Never buy a car you cant push.

tewkewl

quality posts: 5 Private Messages tewkewl

Just to clarify for everyone. This comes in plastic packaging (like the costo digital camera packaging... kinda like a hard version of shrink wrap put the middle of a plastic sheet). But YOU DO NOT BUILD THIS THING!!! it is already built. it comes with 3 pieces of stick-on-able legos, that's it. if you want it so you or your kid can build a cool lego camera, think again.

stingray06

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stingray06

It should have the Lego logo on the front somewhere, should'nt it? Like any Canon, or Nikon or whatever the make camera has. That would be a cool detail and would make it more authentic.

arpruss

quality posts: 3 Private Messages arpruss
X

Not necessarily an upgrade. The optics, sensor and flash quality are much more important than a slight MP increase.

Except for big enlargements or professional use, I don't know that one needs more than 5 MP. I still regularly use our almost 11-year-old Sony F707 (it cost about $800) because it's got good optics and I have a nice external flash on it. It takes significantly better pictures than my 8 MP phone camera, and probably somewhat better ones than my 7 MP Canon G7.

radi0j0hn

Heck no!

Frankly, depth of field is so great on all but full-frame digis (due to overall smaller optics) that you will not see much difference unless you put a f/1.8 lens on a digital SLR

radi0j0hn

Sure would be nice to see a photo taken WITH the camera.

mrsjhaye

quality posts: 16 Private Messages mrsjhaye
achoren wrote:Anyone know what age this is appropriate for? I've seen some reviews indicating 4 year olds are using it, some with 8 year olds. Thoughts beyond the standard 7-15 years of age?

I bought one earlier today for myself. I am 59 and feel it is age appropriate I also just love all things LEGO.

kathiew09

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kathiew09

is this really 8 MP...not finding any other online that says 8 MP???