quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: When my kid does something bad just for attention, I usually:
  • 13.9% - Take the bait and get upset with him/her 111
  • 32.1% - Ignore it 257
  • 47.1% - Calmly explain why the behavior is unacceptable 377
  • 7% - Other (comments, please) 56
801 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

BooferFTW

quality posts: 4 Private Messages BooferFTW

Take them to KidStop and trade them in for credit towards a new kid.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

krdshrk

quality posts: 2 Private Messages krdshrk

Spankings. Lots of spankings....

jgrad240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jgrad240

Spin them in circles on the floor, or toss my current beverage in their face, they enjoy that one…

mrsque

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mrsque

my kids don't do that *shrug* 11, 15, 17 - they better not but they never have, actually

*I* have FIVE Quality Posts! no, seriously...how did that happen?!

charliecarroll

quality posts: 104 Private Messages charliecarroll

It all depends. The question not being, if they did something bad for attention I have to consider what all is done for attention. Some of what is done is amusing, with some thought, and without any wrongdoing. In that case I laugh or applaud or whatever would be appropriate to award him with the attention he worked for and deserves. However, when it is something that should require discipline, I again quickly and vigorously apply the attention that again, he so deserves.

He is a grown man now but that is what I did and it is exactly what I would do over again.

hwalsh10284

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hwalsh10284

practice counting to 3

PUfelix85

quality posts: 1 Private Messages PUfelix85

Beat them until they actually have something to complain about.

x8

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward

The missing answer is: "My precious snowflake never does anything bad, and is always the center of attention so the question is moot."