CaptainEasychord

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CaptainEasychord

Hi everyone... I've been buying shirts on and off for a couple years now and never really read or posted here before, so if this is a gross breach of forum etiquette, well then I'm just a ripe bastard.

Anyway, I'm on a trivia team. We named ourselves based on a sympathetic character from a shirt that's probably familiar to just about anyone familiar with this here site. For the big championship trivia event, we not only wore our shirts, but went in character. It was pretty great. Here's how we looked. Cool, right? Yeah!

We did okay in the match, but finished well out of the money in the end. Afterwards, the promoters decided they would hold a Facebook contest where the three teams whose picture gets the most "likes" wins some cash. Not much, but some.

Well guess what, with time in the contest running low, we're in fourth place, thisclose to being in the money (pretty close to second, actually). As the lone team donning shirt.woot gear, I like to think we would have a constituency of fans... or at least sympathetic voters here. So if you're feeling charitable, check out our picture (which is pretty smooth, IMO) and then formalize your feelings and "like" it on Facebook. Oh, and feel free to leave comments directing people to get some shirts right here on shirt.woot. After all, if the trivia promoter wants us to be not-so-subtlety promoting his product, I'm more than happy to use the platform to promote a great site like shirt.woot. Click, "like", enjoy. Thanks!

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

CaptainEasychord wrote:Hi everyone... I've been buying shirts on and off for a couple years now and never really read or posted here before, so if this is a gross breach of forum etiquette, well then I'm just a ripe bastard.

Anyway, I'm on a trivia team. We named ourselves based on a sympathetic character from a shirt that's probably familiar to just about anyone familiar with this here site. For the big championship trivia event, we not only wore our shirts, but went in character. It was pretty great. Here's how we looked. Cool, right? Yeah!

We did okay in the match, but finished well out of the money in the end. Afterwards, the promoters decided they would hold a Facebook contest where the three teams whose picture gets the most "likes" wins some cash. Not much, but some.

Well guess what, with time in the contest running low, we're in fourth place, thisclose to being in the money (pretty close to second, actually). As the lone team donning shirt.woot gear, I like to think we would have a constituency of fans... or at least sympathetic voters here. So if you're feeling charitable, check out our picture (which is pretty smooth, IMO) and then formalize your feelings and "like" it on Facebook. Oh, and feel free to leave comments directing people to get some shirts right here on shirt.woot. After all, if the trivia promoter wants us to be not-so-subtlety promoting his product, I'm more than happy to use the platform to promote a great site. Click, "like", enjoy. Thanks!

You looked great!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.