0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

capguncowboy

quality posts: 15 Private Messages capguncowboy

Get ready to pull your hair out. We had these. They took up SOOO MUCHH SPACE!!! Also, all the little silicone pieces were prone to our children chewing on them and they were short lived. You can buy replacements parts but they cost almost as much as a new set.

We ended up tossing them out and getting some of these instead. Much better decision -- nearly indestructible and they're insulated: http://www.samsclub.com/sams/the-first-years-disney-cars-2-insulated-sippy-cups-3-pk/prod4500248.ip

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3670 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

middle of the road reviews (2.7 out of 5.0) over at amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Munchkin-Mighty-Grip-Free-Variety/dp/B001TR94VY/ref=pd_sxp_f_pt

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

conanthelibrarian wrote:middle of the road reviews (2.7 out of 5.0) over at amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Munchkin-Mighty-Grip-Free-Variety/dp/B001TR94VY/ref=pd_sxp_f_pt

If you're price comparing, you're getting double that here. You'll get 8 total.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

lichme

quality posts: 3028 Private Messages lichme

I agree that it seems like a little much to have 8 bottles to store. Are the lids interchangable, or do they only go with specific bottle types?

doomtothee

quality posts: 48 Private Messages doomtothee

On the fence, how well do these freeze? That's a necessity for summer.

Woot won't let me have a cool signature

gwartnet

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gwartnet

I have no experience with the sports bottles. But for the straw sippy cups, these are the best ones we could find (and we tried a bunch). They have a lot of parts, but they are sturdy (don't chew up easily), pretty easy to put together once you know what you're doing, and don't leak.

Straw cups in general have a problem that as the liquid inside warms, it expands and, as the cup is airtight, dribbles out the top of the straw. These rarely do that, and never do that when the straw is closed down. Although they are nearly airtight, there is enough air transfer to accommodate this gradual expansion. With other straw cups, we were constantly loosening and tightening the lid to relieve pressure.

We prefer regular sippy cups (Playtex), but my third would have none of that. He tots around with the straw dangling from his mouth (not so smart when he was first learning to walk).

seattlekleins

quality posts: 8 Private Messages seattlekleins

These are pretty solid. They were the best we found. Like the previous poster, we found these far less likely than others to have a pressure-related leak. My son also had far more trouble shaking/spilling water out of these than he did with any others. The lack of mess alone more than justified having some of these on hand.

They're a bit of a pain to clean, but not terrible. Yes, they take up space, but so does every other model of sippy cup/straw cup I've ever seen.

The straws won't last forever with little teeth, but they hold up surprisingly well.

Overall, definitely worth buying.

So, Woot, why the heck weren't you selling these two years ago? Need to get cracking on that mind-reading device so that you're prepared to meet my needs. Got it? Spiffy.

slschritter

quality posts: 1 Private Messages slschritter

My two year old ( at the time we had these bottles) loved them. They really do stop leaks, are easy to open and I am pretty sure are boa free. They will last you about 6 months if you dishwasher them (they start to get cloudy so I would toss them and by new). This is a good deal. I use to buy them at Walmart for around 4.00 for two. I would buy two packages here two make it worth your money (shipping) and like I said you will need them soon enough.

k4th3r1n3

quality posts: 17 Private Messages k4th3r1n3
capguncowboy wrote:You can buy replacements parts but they cost almost as much as a new set.

I found a replacement parts for the sports bottles for 2.99 for a 2 pack. Shipping looks to be about 2 bucks whether you buy 1 or 10. I guess it depends on how good the bottles are and how long the plastic lasts whether the spouts are worth replacing, but the price doesn't seem so bad.

Anybody know what type of plastic the bottles are? I couldn't find any info on that anywhere, not even the Munchkin website. Can anyone look at their bottles and check the number maybe? Pretty please?

dwallace123

quality posts: 6 Private Messages dwallace123

Good price, but way too many for one child. Buy and give at least half away as gifts.

In our experience they were fairly leakproof, but our 1.5 year old didn't care for the straw style at all (he loved straws in Capri Suns and tiny restaurant cups, though).

The sports bottles were his favorite. Not because he liked to drink out of them, but because he figured out how to bite down just enough on the X-shaped tip to dribble liquid all over his shirt, the floor, the cat, the couch, the dog, etc. and then giggle like crazy. Adorable but messy, so he only got to use that style for about a week.

YMMV, of course.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dwallace123 wrote:Good price, but way too many for one child. Buy and give at least half away as gifts.

Could fill them with treats for cool party bags even.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

slrosenbaum

quality posts: 4 Private Messages slrosenbaum

A friend of mine let us borrow these when my daughter was learning how to drink out of a sippy cup. They're great! Not only did it teach her how to drink out of a straw, they were virtually spill proof. We never had any problems with spills with these.

We used these strictly for water because even though they're bulky (what sippy cup isn't?), the shape meant they fit in our diaper bag better than other ones. We never had any problems getting these clean, and I always put them in the dishwasher.

Now that we've got baby #2 on the way, we will definitely be in for one (or two!)

tangojet

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tangojet

Yup. Love these. Can't speak to the water bottle, but these are the sippy cups to get. I've no need for the water bottle, so I'm not purchasing. I take the flip top off for my one year old and leave it on for my three year old.

Straw cups are better for babies/kids. The ear-nose-throat are all connected and the action of tilting their head back for a sippy cup can increase the chance of an ear infection because fluid travels back and forth during tilt. I went straight to a straw cup with both my kiddos and they learned. Neither were bottle-fed ever though, so they knew how to suck from nursing.

idontkn1

quality posts: 4 Private Messages idontkn1

No experience with the sport bottles but the strawed cups are close to bullet proof. As others have said, you're not likely to find a better set, especially for under ten bucks each.

Don't want to be the parent who gives out advice but if you are giving your infant/toddler hard nipple sippy cups stop. They are bad for teeth, are a factor in developing overbite and they negatively effect speech development. From what my speech pathologist friend told me they keep the tongue from developing properly Sippy cups.

Anyway back to the cups, the three and a half year old is still using some we purchased three years ago. Only negative is that the straws are prone to mildewing so we've had to replace them about every 6 to 8 months. In for two sets for the next one as the mothership has four packs of them without the sports bottles for 14 bucks.

BrianShadeWoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BrianShadeWoot

[quote postid="5339498" Anybody know what type of plastic the bottles are? I couldn't find any info on that anywhere, not even the Munchkin website. Can anyone look at their bottles and check the number maybe? Pretty please? [/quote]

I do not have the sport ones but I do have the other type and they all show 5.

These are great. We have not had any issue with them. We have hand washed and put them in the dishwasher. They last for quite a while as well. At least when my little doesn't hide it somewhere with milk still in it. He is a master at hiding things.

tjshmd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tjshmd

What is the recycle code of the plastic?

incommon

quality posts: 2 Private Messages incommon

My local walmart has them pretty cheap. I forgot the number but it's around $2 or less. I have one with a straw and we ended up using without lid at home. Quality is okay. No complaint though.

kevlar51

quality posts: 46 Private Messages kevlar51

no experience with the sports bottles, but we've been using the Sippies for ~2 years and have been extremely happy. The straws do get chewed, but most of the time you can trim it back (until it's no longer feasible).

Unfortunately replacement straws are now only available on Amazon Prime's "add on" thing (used to be straight prime), so blech to that part.

elizabethopheim

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elizabethopheim
k4th3r1n3 wrote:Anybody know what type of plastic the bottles are? I couldn't find any info on that anywhere, not even the Munchkin website. Can anyone look at their bottles and check the number maybe? Pretty please?

I don't have these exact cups, but I do have some other munchkin brand sippy cups. The number on the bottom of mine is 5. Hope that helps.

k4th3r1n3

quality posts: 17 Private Messages k4th3r1n3
BrianShadeWoot wrote:I do not have the sport ones but I do have the other type and they all show 5.

elizabethopheim wrote:I don't have these exact cups, but I do have some other munchkin brand sippy cups. The number on the bottom of mine is 5. Hope that helps.

Double thank you!
So that means you can throw it in with normal recycling. Even if they suck I won't feel guilty tossing them!

tejo

quality posts: 11 Private Messages tejo

does anyone have experience with the sport cups? My son is 4, and the straws are getting the point that they are beyond saving, and I would like to switch him over to the sport cup if it is mostly spill proof.

czeigler1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages czeigler1

Are these packaged singly in retail packaging so they could be donated/gifted? I thought these would be good to donate to women's shelters where oftentimes there are little kids staying.

joelsisk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk

Can anyone tell me how rigid these are? Are they squishy at all, and/or do they get that way after a few times through the dishwasher?

We currently have a few of of these straw cups that we got from woot a few years back. We love them, they have a silicon straw and are completely rigid and seem to be nearly indestructible. But, with the new kid, we're going to need more, and trying to figure out if the munchkin ones are a good fit.

traquy

quality posts: 53 Private Messages traquy

We used these when my daughter was little and I would recommend them. I solved the bulk problem by just having a dollar store plastic bin to throw them in the pantry, parts and all, and would just grab the cup/lid combo I wanted and run with it.

That said, when she was about 4 I threw them all out (pretty beat up) and bought 3 of these Nalgene cups. They have a hard spout and you can either use the plug for no spills or, now that she is 5, take it out so she can get more liquid out faster (but they still don't spill easily which is nice). I still drink from a water bottle and a "sippy cup" for my coffee so she will pretty much always have these in one form or another, just updated as she grows up.

lisastencik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lisastencik
czeigler1 wrote:Are these packaged singly in retail packaging so they could be donated/gifted? I thought these would be good to donate to women's shelters where oftentimes there are little kids staying.

good question! me want to know also!

alexhodge

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alexhodge
lisastencik wrote:good question! me want to know also!

Hi Guys,
Looks like we are sold out now, but to answer your question...these are packaged in 2 retail packs of 4, each with 2 Flip Straw Cups and 2 Sport Bottles.

stevo75

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stevo75

bummer, had in my cart then continued shopping and gone.