WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Thomas & Pals: Groovy Trains

There's a dream just down the track. Can you see it? Your child can. Don't leave them looking for a plain ol' bus ticket to their dreams. Give them a hug, and a snazzy train, and send them on their way. And don't worry. They'll be back before bedtime. Just like a businessman in the 1950s.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
ROGETRAY wrote:Can you guys name ALL the train conductors that have been on Thomas the Train television show?
I'm just hanging out, really.

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

The hand car is groovy; the arm actually moves up and down!

And since woot mentioned groovy trains, remember "Groovy Train" by the Farm? Great tune!

------------------
I Bet on Sky

mistamoose

quality posts: 29 Private Messages mistamoose

I think Ringo Starr and George Carlin have been conductors before on TV, along with Alec Baldwin in the movie version.

bibliovore

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bibliovore

Do these come in the standard hang-on-the-wall packaging as you'd usually find them in the store?

shaddai

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shaddai

Great deal!

Michael Brandon has been a long time "conductor."

Rantipole

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rantipole

Really great deal. Picked up three. Very surprised more trains aren't sold out by now. I guess everyone else except me is stocked up on their Thomas regalia.

EDIT: My trains arrived in the standard store packaging.

caseyrusso

quality posts: 0 Private Messages caseyrusso

I can't get more than one train in my cart. What am I doing wrong? There's no 'continue shopping' button, so I use the back button. Then it kicks whatever was in my cart out. Gah.

Xeryon

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Xeryon
caseyrusso wrote:I can't get more than one train in my cart. What am I doing wrong? There's no 'continue shopping' button, so I use the back button. Then it kicks whatever was in my cart out. Gah.

It's the way woot works. You can only buy 1, 2 or 3 of a single item in a transaction. This used to be a problem but since they have moved to the $5 shipping for everything you buy that day you can just make several separate transactions without penalty.

mosleymom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mosleymom

Sooo excited about this deal! My son LOVES all of the engines. I wish I would have known earlier I would have gotten the expansion track :-(

busybees

quality posts: 0 Private Messages busybees

So how do you buy these trains? I am trying to buy different ones and it has no button to continue shopping--just asks if I want to abandon my order? I just want to add to my order.. Sorry read the posts above. I guess I have to buy separately. Makes no sense.

BTW, Pierce Brosnan was a conductor but Michael Brandon is the best one. George Carlin was not great.

kinnick40

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kinnick40
Xeryon wrote:It's the way woot works. You can only buy 1, 2 or 3 of a single item in a transaction. This used to be a problem but since they have moved to the $5 shipping for everything you buy that day you can just make several separate transactions without penalty.

Even crazier, they all come in separate shipments. We had ordered some trains and expansion track last week and 5 separate boxes showed up yesterday. I'm not sure how they can make any money that way!
Thinking of ordering some more to have on hand for upcoming birthdays.

kirit1941

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kirit1941

Ineed your (kids woot)phone # iWants order more Idonot want each item $5.00 shipping charges Please Provide Customer Service phone # My [MOD: Personal info removed. ]

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 503 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

kirit1941 wrote:Ineed your (kids woot)phone # iWants order more Idonot want each item $5.00 shipping charges Please Provide Customer Service phone # My [MOD: Personal info removed. ]

You only pay $5 shipping on the first item in the day. After than shipping is free until midnight Central.

So order away. Just order one. Come back and order the next one.