5%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

mossygreen

quality posts: 71 Private Messages mossygreen

Wait, we were supposed to live on the moon? And all these years I've been disappointed that we're not all living in cedar shingle-covered geodesic domes with bicycle-powered everything.

I wish these came in an adult size; I would buy every color. Or just multiples of the orange. For my cedar shingle-covered geodesic dome.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3537 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

some nice reviews (3.9 out of 5.0) over at amazon

http://www.amazon.com/PKolino-Klick-Childrens-Desk-Red/dp/B000WYGBDO

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Hey, if y'all haven't checked it out, take a look at the new Plus thread. It lists all the Plus sales for the current day.

Complete List of Plus Deals

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

beck12

quality posts: 41 Private Messages beck12

Is the pad on the red one in pink? It looks pink to me but I wanted to be sure....

spending my kid's college funds one woot off at a time

Happy1k

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Happy1k

I bought this in green about 2 years ago on Woot. My grandson still uses it everyday. Great quality and nice to look at (bright color). Love this chair/table!

ap210

quality posts: 48 Private Messages ap210

Kid's Feng Shui furniture. I like it.

1. 11/6Rmba
  2. 11/13Scba
  3. 11/16LtchWlssSystm
  4. 11/16Gmbrdg
  5. 11/16SnDskPlyr
  6. 11/16UFO
  7. 11/16LtchWlssHdphns"lbl fll ff"
  8. 11/17LtchXbxhdst
  9. 11/173xLkFrg
  10. 11/25iPdShfflClck
  11. 12/62xBpMntrs
  12. 12/133xNxs25XM

jenniaja

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jenniaja
beck12 wrote:Is the pad on the red one in pink? It looks pink to me but I wanted to be sure....

I'm trying to figure this out too!

kansel

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kansel
beck12 wrote:Is the pad on the red one in pink? It looks pink to me but I wanted to be sure....

I don't know 100% about the red desk pad being pink, but the orange desk's pad is a pale yellow. You can see the top of the pad in the picture with the orange desk closed - that's the exact color of the pad. In the other pictures with the orange desk open the pad looks slightly orange, it's not. When this desk was on Woot a couple of years ago I got the orange one just because the pad color seemed to be a better fit to the chair color than the green or red.

FYI these desks aren't terribly easy to open/close, especially on carpet. The build quality is very good, though there is a tiny bit of warp/mis-fit in the side curves of the chair (probably varies by individual desk). The desk surface holds up very well and cleans pretty easily (light crayon use mostly).

I put some rubbery shelf liner down on the chair seat to keep my kid from sliding off.

llzueger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages llzueger

If you watch the video, she says 'and the pads come in different colors, too'. I would guess it's pink. Hard to imagine they went with 'boring' white.

krdavids

quality posts: 1 Private Messages krdavids

I bought it a few years ago. Looks more pink than red, for sure.

krdavids

quality posts: 1 Private Messages krdavids

I picked up the red one here a little over a year ago and my 2 year old loves it. It's pretty compact when closed up and fits nicely in the corner of his playroom. There is a little storage space under the seat that he hides his toys in.

They're sturdy too. Aside from appropriate uses, so far its held up to him laying on the desk part, standing on the chair...even using it to jump off of onto the dog. I'd buy another if I needed one.

imanotherstory

quality posts: 8 Private Messages imanotherstory
ThunderThighs wrote:Hey, if y'all haven't checked it out, take a look at the new Plus thread. It lists all the Plus sales for the current day.

Complete List of Plus Deals

Actually what I would really like is a continue shopping button or maybe I missed it? I bought a couple of the onesies yesterday off of the kids woot plus and had to put in 2 separate orders to buy 2 onesies.

onskee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages onskee

I got one in December 2010 when they were on Woot. They were $30 cheaper back then. Like others said, they're sturdy and functional. Not sure if they're $30 *more functional and sturdy, though.

ksimoto

quality posts: 6 Private Messages ksimoto

We also got one when they were cheaper in 2010. My son is now 4.5 and still uses it, although he'll probably outgrow it within the next year and a half. Still looks brand new despite using it daily. Not the cheapest desk for children, but we've loved it.

lichme

quality posts: 2943 Private Messages lichme

I just noticed the storage cubbies at the bottom, which look like they would be quite handy. I still think there should be a blue option though.

jessydonahue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jessydonahue

It's still over $60 cheaper than everywhere else...

onskee wrote:I got one in December 2010 when they were on Woot. They were $30 cheaper back then. Like others said, they're sturdy and functional. Not sure if they're $30 *more functional and sturdy, though.

ThunderThighs

Staff

imanotherstory wrote:Actually what I would really like is a continue shopping button or maybe I missed it? I bought a couple of the onesies yesterday off of the kids woot plus and had to put in 2 separate orders to buy 2 onesies.

Yeah, that's the way the Plus deals work. You don't pay any extra shipping though. $5 all day until Midnight Central.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

Staff

lichme wrote:I just noticed the storage cubbies at the bottom, which look like they would be quite handy. I still think there should be a blue option though.

The hole is included. The storage bin is not.

FORUM MODERATOR

imanotherstory

quality posts: 8 Private Messages imanotherstory
ThunderThighs wrote:Yeah, that's the way the Plus deals work. You don't pay any extra shipping though. $5 all day until Midnight Central.

True. But it's annoying...

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927
ap210 wrote:Kid's Feng Shui furniture. I like it.

I think it looks like something for kids to use while listening to NEU! or Kraftwerk.

------------------
I Bet on Sky

mapenny

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mapenny

Purchased the last time these were offered, and they have been put to hard use by two active, pre-school boys. They still look like they day we got them. I also recall that the assembly was easy. All the pre-drilled holes matched up, and the desks are very sturdy. I'd buy them again in a heart beat.

ThunderThighs

Staff

We didn't get samples but from what we're seeing, we think it's pinkish.

FORUM MODERATOR

JRRB

quality posts: 34 Private Messages JRRB

I purchased the orange version on June 21, 2011 (via Amazon Warehouse Deals for $118). We have been very happy with it. If I needed another, Woot's price today would be close enough to be tempting, particularly the way the price has gone up elsewhere! Ours came fully assembled, but I'm not sure if that is typical.

My son (3yo on March 26) uses his desk both for the more appropriate coloring and art projects and as a step stool (standing on the seat portion) to reach the light switches near the desk. He has also used the desk as an eating surface. His cousin (2yo) puts the desk to similar uses when she visits, and she's actually rougher on it than he is without any noticible detriment to the desk itself.

I purchased small rectangular tubs for his markers, crayons and sidewalk chalks and all are now stored under the seat. His drawing pad fits in the smaller area at top, but larger loose drawing sheets end up sitting next to the desk. Crayon and washable markers both wipe off easily with a bit of rubbing with a damp cloth.

Closing the desk does require some strategic lifting on a carpeted surface, but it's not too difficult. Ours mostly stays open now that we have a house, but we were in an apartment when we first purchased it and would close it when not in use. The compact form factor was a real benefit there.

I considered purchasing the P'kolino Play Kit but just never got around to it. I actually like having different drawing materials separated, so I would have been more likely to purchase if the bins had some kind of divider.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 96 Private Messages radi0j0hn

They should make an adult sized one of these!

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

Tomakellogg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tomakellogg
radi0j0hn wrote:They should make an adult sized one of these!

I was literally just thinking that! I'd totally buy one of these for myself! haha

Tommy Kellogg

girlmeetsgeek

quality posts: 1 Private Messages girlmeetsgeek

We bought this about 2 years ago for our then, 5 year old. She LOVED it. It lasted through her standing on it, coloring on it, (magic eraser works wonders,) and building forts. Still looks brand new. We'll be using it for our little guy as he grows up. Best purchase ever.

1geraldine

quality posts: 1 Private Messages 1geraldine

I bought 3 Red for my Daycare in 2010 and when I first saw them on WOOT $100. looked like a good price when by comparison they were $249. elsewhere.

At the end of 2012 I bought 3 green on All Modern for $177. each and Now 3 Orange on Woot $129.99! The Orange are usually sold out or unavailable.

The cushions on the red chairs are pink. P'Kolino sent me 3 new cushions for free last month when I sought to replace them.

The desk chair can only hold one of the toy storage boxes on the bottom shelf. The curved seat prevents being able to put a second box on the top shelf. The storage boxes cost about $20. each on AllModern.com

Never stand on these desks! The red paint can wear off onto damp fabric but never faded.

Parents like the desks and even wanted to buy my desks.

The desks are great for writing, laptops, puzzles. Although they are for one child often two children squeeze in together to share an activity on someone else's computer screen or for pretend play.

robynlisa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robynlisa

Yes; the pad is pink. We have had this for about a year. My 3.5 year old loves it and it looks brand spanking new...even after a year. Excellent quality. No issues opening / closing it. But ours is on Berber carpet, maybe wall to wall type carpets are more plushy and that makes it harder to do?

sweetrai

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sweetrai

Did anyone's desk ship out yet? I'm still have not received my "item has shipped" email.

ThunderThighs

Staff

sweetrai wrote:Did anyone's desk ship out yet? I'm still have not received my "item has shipped" email.

If you still haven't gotten your tracking email, you might check your spam folders.

However, I was able to pull your order up with FedEx's Track by Reference:

You can use FedEx's “Track by Reference” feature to get tracking info using your order number. Your order number is on your order details which you can get via Stuff You Bought. Leave the Account Number blank. Enter your order number in the reference box. Next, select your country and enter your zip code. Click TRACK and voilà, you may have tracking info.

FORUM MODERATOR

sweetrai

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sweetrai

^^^ Thanks! I got an email today saying that it was sent out today...That took a minute!

rwyoaont

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rwyoaont

I received mine today and have a problem. The cushion on the back of the chair is discolored on top. It's the pink cushion with two very ugly white stains on the top of the cushion. Anyone else with this problem? Makes it look awful.

ThunderThighs

Staff

rwyoaont wrote:I received mine today and have a problem. The cushion on the back of the chair is discolored on top. It's the pink cushion with two very ugly white stains on the top of the cushion. Anyone else with this problem? Makes it look awful.

Ugh. Sorry for the problem with the cushion. Please email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

FORUM MODERATOR